[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time for Optimism
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/24/2022  11:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2022  11:26 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:IQ with zero points, but 7 assists and 4 Rebs. I’m good with this IQ. That shot will start falling. He’s having a tremendous impact on the game.

Fournier playing solid defense. Might be catching the refs off guard. They are calling him on some maybe fouls.

Randle playing pretty tight.

Brunson with solid play.

Barrett with solid defense but iffy offense.

Mitch Rob dominating the paint.

Toppin slammin and jammin.

I’m developing a Reddish Fetish. Copyright Ewingsglass

Pretty awesome team play.

IQ seems like he will always be an inconsistent scorer, but his game is really rounding out and he will always have an impact when he’s on the floor.

AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/25/2022  12:14 AM
Knixkik wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:IQ with zero points, but 7 assists and 4 Rebs. I’m good with this IQ. That shot will start falling. He’s having a tremendous impact on the game.

Fournier playing solid defense. Might be catching the refs off guard. They are calling him on some maybe fouls.

Brunson with solid play.

IQ seems like he will always be an inconsistent scorer, but his game is really rounding out and he will always have an impact when he’s on the floor.

Was pretty much his draft profile. Unusual form to his 3pt shot which would expect to lead to inconsistency. Was still hoping he would straighten it out a bit. Still am.

This is the Randle.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/25/2022  8:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2022  8:14 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Brunson with solid play.

Agree with this and Ewingglass.
Toppin and IQ bring great energy and affect the game in a positive way.
Both him and RJ seem to be slower starters. Once Grimes is back and those two get hot think we can beat some top tier teams.
Most important thing is that most seem to be playing hard on d regardless of offensive output.
Which, I am sure, is what Thibs is happy with the most.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingsGlass
USA
10/25/2022  8:43 PM
BTW - in keeping with my optimism theme, I am calling out the Post. Their headlines are still pessimistic after Berman retires. Plenty of positives to highlight in last nights win and we are left with a reference to staving off a comeback (versus a pretty much dominant game) and a comment about Barrett “finally” hitting a 3. I mean, Randle dropped a monster game last night with 25 and 12 against the #1 draft pick. I mean, if there is a reason for the Knicks media policy — this is why. They are a clickbait tabloid.
This is the Randle.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/25/2022  9:02 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:BTW - in keeping with my optimism theme, I am calling out the Post. Their headlines are still pessimistic after Berman retires. Plenty of positives to highlight in last nights win and we are left with a reference to staving off a comeback (versus a pretty much dominant game) and a comment about Barrett “finally” hitting a 3. I mean, Randle dropped a monster game last night with 25 and 12 against the #1 draft pick. I mean, if there is a reason for the Knicks media policy — this is why. They are a clickbait tabloid.

You are correct.

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/25/2022  11:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2022  11:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Brunson with solid play.

Both him and RJ seem to be slower starters. Once Grimes is back and those two get hot think we can beat some top tier teams.
Most important thing is that most seem to be playing hard on d regardless of offensive output.

Looking at the Knicks schedule .. the next 8 games of Knicks opponents (all playoff teams last season), I'm hoping to read some more optimism on the Knicks players great team confidence on Nov. 9th
A early in the season test .. Dont Panick !!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2022  11:53 PM
Kemet wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Brunson with solid play.

Looking at the Knicks schedule .. the next 8 games of Knicks opponents (all playoff teams last season), I'm hoping to read some more optimism on the Knicks players great team confidence on Nov. 9.
A early in the season test .. Dont Panick !!!

You need to start the "Time for Unfiltered Pessimism" thread. The first post can be RJs shooting numbers.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/26/2022  5:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2022  5:57 AM
Two wins in a row against lottery teams: time for optimism.
Two losses in a row against contenders: time to break up the squad and trade Randle for a bag of potatoes.

Very interesting to see where we are at after 25 games.
At game 26: nothing to see here, cancel the MSG subscription, burn the Knicks jersey and start following the Kota Chambal Tigers cricketeers.

EwingsGlass
USA
10/26/2022  7:13 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Two wins in a row against lottery teams: time for optimism.
Two losses in a row against contenders: time to break up the squad and trade Randle for a bag of potatoes.

Very interesting to see where we are at after 25 games.
At game 26: nothing to see here, cancel the MSG subscription, burn the Knicks jersey and start following the Kota Chambal Tigers cricketeers.

See here for discussion on 25 game analysis.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=65195

This thread is for painting rainbows and unicorns on 0 for 9 performances. At 25 games I will either be pushing age and development or purchasing my finals tickets.

Truth is, I am tired of the negative press. There is a lot to like about this team. I know beating Orlando isn’t a real accomplishment. But the Randle shot selection is a real positive. Brunson waving off sitting with 5 fouls and finishing the game is a positive. Barrett impacting the game defensively despite struggling on offense is a positive.

I don’t really expect to be punching my finals ticket this year. There are teams that have earned the right to be in that conversation that are years ahead of us. But we haven’t sold our soul (or our future draft stash) to build this team and are showing solid metrics through 3 games.

I’m optimistic.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/26/2022  10:00 AM
Biggest takeaway: The weird spacing caused by having three lefties on the floor has left Randle little room to spin, leading him to taking easier shots.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/26/2022  11:03 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
10/26/2022  11:05 AM
EwingsGlass
USA
10/26/2022  11:46 AM
In our midrange, I think we have all but eliminated the 18-22 footers. This is good.
This is the Randle.
martin
USA
10/26/2022  1:23 PM
Paperwork complete, future looks good

EwingsGlass
USA
10/27/2022  7:19 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:BTW - in keeping with my optimism theme, I am calling out the Post. Their headlines are still pessimistic after Berman retires. Plenty of positives to highlight in last nights win and we are left with a reference to staving off a comeback (versus a pretty much dominant game) and a comment about Barrett “finally” hitting a 3. I mean, Randle dropped a monster game last night with 25 and 12 against the #1 draft pick. I mean, if there is a reason for the Knicks media policy — this is why. They are a clickbait tabloid.

In fairness, the Post has put out a couple sets of articles that are a bit more in line with the fact the the Knicks won.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/27/how-jalen-brunson-already-has-changed-the-knicks/

Mike is comparing Brunson to Kidd here - specifically his affect on the Nets back in 2000 or so.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/27/julius-randle-receives-big-cheers-from-knicks-fans-after-key-buckets/

Zach is talking about Randle’s steps towards reconciliation with the fans - that we reward effort. Pretty spot on.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/26/jalen-brunson-propels-knicks-to-overtime-win-over-hornets/

This could have been titled “Knicks nearly blow it” but thankfully it focused on the win.

I think the media will play a large role in the Knicks resurgence, just with changes to the headlines. I talk to my friends and they repeat the lines that worked for a decade “Knicks are a dumpster fire” but they didn’t watch the games. This team feels different. And I think the Knicks will change that perspective. It starts on the court, but changing those headlines is next.

Keep pulling gutsy wins. Good teams find ways to win.

Here comes the Bucks. Gonna need the best version of ourselves.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2022  8:06 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:

In fairness, the Post has put out a couple sets of articles that are a bit more in line with the fact the the Knicks won.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/27/how-jalen-brunson-already-has-changed-the-knicks/

Mike is comparing Brunson to Kidd here - specifically his affect on the Nets back in 2000 or so.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/27/julius-randle-receives-big-cheers-from-knicks-fans-after-key-buckets/

Zach is talking about Randle’s steps towards reconciliation with the fans - that we reward effort. Pretty spot on.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/26/jalen-brunson-propels-knicks-to-overtime-win-over-hornets/

This could have been titled “Knicks nearly blow it” but thankfully it focused on the win.

I think the media will play a large role in the Knicks resurgence, just with changes to the headlines. I talk to my friends and they repeat the lines that worked for a decade “Knicks are a dumpster fire” but they didn’t watch the games. This team feels different. And I think the Knicks will change that perspective. It starts on the court, but changing those headlines is next.

Keep pulling gutsy wins. Good teams find ways to win.

Here comes the Bucks. Gonna need the best version of ourselves.

Winning matters for sure. Its a fresh season so its not like we beating lessor teams with a losing records and going nowhere. I know we suppose to win these games but its the NBA and good coaches can get NBA players to do nice things.
Charlotte was no push over.

Philc1
Member: #8897

10/27/2022  2:55 PM

You still read the Post?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2022  4:43 PM
Philc1 wrote:

You still read the Post?

You still read?

martin
USA
10/27/2022  6:18 PM
EwingsGlass
USA
10/27/2022  10:09 PM
Philc1 wrote:

You still read the Post?

Yup. I read everything I can find. Haven’t moved past the pay walls, but I absolutely love reading and talking about the Knicks.

What do you follow instead?

This is the Randle.
Time for Optimism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy