[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Very interesting to see where we are at after 25 games
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/22/2022  1:03 PM
I think we might be better than most of the league anticipates. We dont need to rely on any 1-2 players---we have a whole team that helps with no weak links.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/22/2022  3:15 PM
Thibs, like VanGundy, is from the Pat Riley coaching tree. One of the reasons our 90's Knicks were successful, was because we out-hustled and out-worked our opponents. It's one of the reasons that Heat have been so good, pre and post Wade and Lebron. Thibs has instilled the same principals and philosophy here. Every game is treated like a playoff game and every possession is treated like the last possession of a game, down 1. This philosophy will allow us to beat most teams we are more talented than and we will be beat some teams that we are not favored to beat if they are not as ready as we are.

Looking at the schedule, we have an early west cost trip coming up which wont be easy. After 25 games, at best I think we can be 15-10. At worse, 13-12.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/22/2022  7:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2022  7:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think we might be better than most of the league anticipates. We dont need to rely on any 1-2 players---we have a whole team that helps with no weak links.

The good news is no obvious weak link positions on our team, so it’s really tough to upgrade the roster. The bad news is no true franchise player so it somewhat limits the team ceiling. Where we fall in that range of nba middle class, whether upper or lower depends on which one of those factors offsets the other. Balance/ depth vs no superstar.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2022  4:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think we might be better than most of the league anticipates. We dont need to rely on any 1-2 players---we have a whole team that helps with no weak links.

The good news is no obvious weak link positions on our team, so it’s really tough to upgrade the roster. The bad news is no true franchise player so it somewhat limits the team ceiling. Where we fall in that range of nba middle class, whether upper or lower depends on which one of those factors offsets the other. Balance/ depth vs no superstar.

No superstars per se but what a bunch of really good players can do is make the team consistently more efficient in volume. I think we are touching the surface IF cam reddish is for real. That was a weak spot. The 6-8 forward player. If he can give 20-24 minutes of good play both ends that ties up some weak links on both side of ball. We’ll see I think we may be a 50 win team. I believe that

RIP Crushalot😞
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/23/2022  9:52 AM
We have a game against Orlando and Charlotte next week. We should win both of those games. If we beat them, that will good indication of where this team is at because it will show we can consistently beat teams we are supposed to beat, which something we could not do last year. Our next big challenge will be the Bucks next Friday. We win all three games next week, then I think we will be a 45+ win team.
Trust the Process
Clean
Member: #743
10/23/2022  10:10 AM
Knixkik wrote:

This might be the most perfect way to explain our situation.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/23/2022  10:57 AM
Bad teams don’t know they are bad yet. My favorite Barkley quote for this part of the season.

I don’t think Memphis repeats last season. Their win over the Knicks needed all of our guys to shoot 0s. They just got manhandled by Doncic.

Spurs over the Sixers? That’s not a super tank.

I think this Knicks team may actually be pretty good. I love Randle’s shot selection through 2 games. I am appreciating Fournier more. I think we have the depth to overcome injuries. And if Cam continues his development, we have the ability to put one of the most physically imposing defensive lineups in the league to close out games.

Youth, depth, draft picks and coaching. It’s starting to click.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/23/2022  3:06 PM
Thibs was COY two years ago for reason. not just Drose stepping up, but coaching that team that year to that seeding!
Year later
Dallas picking apart Memphis? Maybe memphis needs those 2 starters? Maybe off night. So early to draw any conclusions.
Utah and Spurs not tanking yet.
Philly tanking? LOL,

Interesting thread. Insightful Briggs in a club chair, paused between sips of fine cognac and cuban, looks into the camera and states a mindblowing introspective prognostication: “intersting to see where we are after 25 games”……
As if nobody else could conjure up this question? A thread born from the “holy ****, guys,,,,,I just thought of something and I have to share it with you not in a diluted thread which might not be observed or revered, but one that stands out on its own pedestal”!

Fact is its a good one. Me? I think in quarters so I’d have gone “After 20 games”, but was I did not consider the data gain after another 5 games. I might even suggest we not consider the first 5 games as they are sort of warm up games. Same for other teams also.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/23/2022  8:12 PM
Nalod wrote:Thibs was COY two years ago for reason. not just Drose stepping up, but coaching that team that year to that seeding!
Year later
Dallas picking apart Memphis? Maybe memphis needs those 2 starters? Maybe off night. So early to draw any conclusions.
Utah and Spurs not tanking yet.
Philly tanking? LOL,

Interesting thread. Insightful Briggs in a club chair, paused between sips of fine cognac and cuban, looks into the camera and states a mindblowing introspective prognostication: “intersting to see where we are after 25 games”……
As if nobody else could conjure up this question? A thread born from the “holy ****, guys,,,,,I just thought of something and I have to share it with you not in a diluted thread which might not be observed or revered, but one that stands out on its own pedestal”!

Fact is its a good one. Me? I think in quarters so I’d have gone “After 20 games”, but was I did not consider the data gain after another 5 games. I might even suggest we not consider the first 5 games as they are sort of warm up games. Same for other teams also.

Was it Briggs that had the theoretical- what do you do if you are 5 and 15 after 20 thread? Too tired to dig it up.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/23/2022  9:51 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Bad teams don’t know they are bad yet. My favorite Barkley quote for this part of the season.

I don’t think Memphis repeats last season. Their win over the Knicks needed all of our guys to shoot 0s. They just got manhandled by Doncic.

I think this Knicks team may actually be pretty good. I love Randle’s shot selection through 2 games. I am appreciating Fournier more. I think we have the depth to overcome injuries. And if Cam continues his development, we have the ability to put one of the most physically imposing defensive lineups in the league to close out games.

You need to take into account that Memphis are playing without a couple of last years starters due to injury

EwingsGlass
USA
10/24/2022  7:40 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Bad teams don’t know they are bad yet. My favorite Barkley quote for this part of the season.

You need to take into account that Memphis are playing without a couple of last years starters due to injury

I did. I just think they overperformed as against the rest of the league. Their actual win loss total is well out of line with their expected win loss based on plus-minus. They are an outlier on win loss to eFG as well.

Yes, they are missing Slo Mo (Minn) and JJJ (Inj) but their performance last year was a bit out of line with their underlying stats.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
10/24/2022  9:18 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

I did. I just think they overperformed as against the rest of the league. Their actual win loss total is well out of line with their expected win loss based on plus-minus. They are an outlier on win loss to eFG as well.

Yes, they are missing Slo Mo (Minn) and JJJ (Inj) but their performance last year was a bit out of line with their underlying stats.

But at the end of the day the wins and losses happend. For sure it was an illogical outcome. Especially 20-5 without Jah. They played with youthful enthusiasm and bought in to young coach. Expectations will surround the team to do better and it might not play out that way. Egos, roles and contracts all play into the dynamic.
Might say our post “we here” season had some of that?

Jah brings a great energy to the court but its also arrogant and I wonder how that plays out after awhile.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/24/2022  9:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2022  12:31 PM
We are going to find out very soon. Our schedule in Nov and Dec mostly teams that should be above .500 and are playoff teams. The strongest metal is tempered in the hottest fire so we shall see. I don’t expect we will be above .500 at the 25 game mark but I am expecting this group will come together as a team and get better throughout the entire season
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/24/2022  11:05 AM
Clean wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

This might be the most perfect way to explain our situation.
reminds me a lot of the Raptor teams that went to round 2 every year but until Kawhi was never able to get over that hump. I think Brunson has a very Lowry like impact on the franchise in terms of our record and trajectory. Mitch/Randle/RJ/Brunson is ready made for a star wing player to plug and play. Booker, Ingram, SGA... its not like these guys grow on tree so its a good chance IF we take a big step it's going to have to come from within.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EwingsGlass
USA
10/24/2022  11:10 AM
Nalod wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

But at the end of the day the wins and losses happend. For sure it was an illogical outcome. Especially 20-5 without Jah. They played with youthful enthusiasm and bought in to young coach. Expectations will surround the team to do better and it might not play out that way. Egos, roles and contracts all play into the dynamic.

Jah brings a great energy to the court but its also arrogant and I wonder how that plays out after awhile.

Our 20-21 absolutely has the same sense. My point is that Memphis is a candidate to regress.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
10/24/2022  11:41 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Our 20-21 absolutely has the same sense. My point is that Memphis is a candidate to regress.

It will be very interesting to see where they are after 25 games............

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/24/2022  12:01 PM
We'll probably be 13-12 or 14-11. I'll take it.

Hoping for 15-10!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/24/2022  12:20 PM
Leave your receipts.

L at Grizzlies
W vs Pistons
W vs Magic
W vs Hornets
L at Bucks
L at Cavaliers
W vs Hawks
W at 76ers
W vs Celtics (Fournier for 30)
L at Wolves
L at Nets
W vs Pistons
W vs Oklahoma
W at Jazz
L at Nuggets
L at Warriors
L at Suns
W at Oklahoma
W vs Trailblazers
W vs Grizzlies
W at Pistons
L vs Bucks
W vs Mavericks (Knicks still smell KP stench on the Mavs, win by 15+)
W vs Cavaliers (Spider gets depressed at the Garden, shoots 16.7%)
W vs Hawks

16-9. Got a fresh batch of Kool-Aid if anyone's thirsty.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/24/2022  4:19 PM
the real test is beating all the ****ty teams. Good teams dont stink it up against NBA trash, they pad their win totals.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/24/2022  4:43 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Leave your receipts.

L at Grizzlies
W vs Pistons
W vs Magic
W vs Hornets
L at Bucks
L at Cavaliers
W vs Hawks
W at 76ers
W vs Celtics (Fournier for 30)
L at Wolves
L at Nets
W vs Pistons
W vs Oklahoma
W at Jazz
L at Nuggets
L at Warriors
L at Suns
W at Oklahoma
W vs Trailblazers
W vs Grizzlies
W at Pistons
L vs Bucks
W vs Mavericks (Knicks still smell KP stench on the Mavs, win by 15+)
W vs Cavaliers (Spider gets depressed at the Garden, shoots 16.7%)
W vs Hawks

16-9. Got a fresh batch of Kool-Aid if anyone's thirsty.

All I know for sure is Fournier will absolutely put up 30 against Boston

Very interesting to see where we are at after 25 games

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy