[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas update...
Author Thread
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
11/14/2004  3:57 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think KT might've had maybe 4 or 5 25+ point games his entire career. Tim Thomas has had at problably close to 30 25+ pt games in his career lol

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/14/2004 15:40:38]

A quick count shows KT has 9 25+ pt games in the last two years.
TT has 5.

I'm not trying to prove that KT is a better scorer then TT just that the facts do NOT back up your contention that TT is or ever has been a consistent scorer. He has the talent to score consistently but he has NEVER done it.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/14/2004  4:04 PM
Last year, TT had FOUR 25+ point games and 11 additional 20+ point games. http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?statsId=3170&sYear=2004&sType=2http://
Kurt had three 25+ pt games and zero additional 20+ point games
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?statsId=3012&sYear=2004&sType=2

I criticize TT for underachieving and I think Kurt is more valuable to the team, but TT is a better, more consistent scorer.
OldFan
11/14/2004  4:09 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Last year, TT had FOUR 25+ point games and 11 additional 20+ point games. http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?statsId=3170&sYear=2004&sType=2http://
Kurt had three 25+ pt games and zero additional 20+ point games
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?statsId=3012&sYear=2004&sType=2

I criticize TT for underachieving and I think Kurt is more valuable to the team, but TT is a better, more consistent scorer.

I agree TT is the better scorer. But KT is NOT a scorer. The fact that they can even be compared makes my point. TT has the POTENTIAL to be a scorer but is NOT. I think we are more in agreement then disagreement on this. My feeling on TT is I hope he can live up to his potential but he has under achieved for too long for me to believe it is going to happen.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2004  5:22 PM
when did Kurt Thomas ever lead us to a victory with his offense? Tim Thomas has at least 2 or 3 times in his short Knick career.
OldFan
11/14/2004  6:04 PM
For a guy who is terrible on defense and a bad rebounder to be productive he has to contribute consistently on offense. KT is NOT a good offensive player the fact that TT can be compared to KT was just to point out that he does not contribute consistently on offense.
Ira
Member: #91
11/14/2004  8:00 PM
Add up the pluses and minuses. TT scores more than Kurt - though not by that much. Kurt is a much better rebounder than TT and Kurt is a much better defensive player than TT.
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2004  12:03 AM
scoring 11 points every night won't win you any game. scoring 11 some nights and 20 other nights will.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/15/2004  7:50 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

when did Kurt Thomas ever lead us to a victory with his offense? Tim Thomas has at least 2 or 3 times in his short Knick career.

Ok, how many times has TT lead us to loss with his lack of effort?
At least 2 or 3 times THIS YEAR!

And before you scoff at that, his lack of production was the difference in the MN and Indi games, and in Boston he was outscored to the tune of 22 points by Paul Pierce.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
11/15/2004  8:10 AM
Posted by Panos:

And before you scoff at that, his lack of production was the difference in the MN and Indi games, and in Boston he was outscored to the tune of 22 points by Paul Pierce.
Yes! He is not consistent! His scoring is very critical to this team! We need him to score to win games! Is that why some want to trade him? Who are you going to replace him with?

And btw, guns was not trying to stick up for TT's inconsistency this year. He was merely making a point in comparing TT and KT! No one can defend TT's inconsistency this year however he is very important to our team. If you want to trade him, who are you planning on replacing him with and will make up for the lack of scoring?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
OldFan
11/15/2004  8:59 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Panos:

Yes! He is not consistent! His scoring is very critical to this team! We need him to score to win games! Is that why some want to trade him? Who are you going to replace him with?

And btw, guns was not trying to stick up for TT's inconsistency this year. He was merely making a point in comparing TT and KT! No one can defend TT's inconsistency this year however he is very important to our team. If you want to trade him, who are you planning on replacing him with and will make up for the lack of scoring?

Truthfully I'm not saying anything about what to do with TT. I don't know. My point is only that he has been in the league a long time has always had a lot of potential - and has never produced consistently. If the Knicks need to rely on him they are likely to be disappointed. That said I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/15/2004  9:47 AM
My point is only that he has been in the league a long time has always had a lot of potential - and has never produced consistently. If the Knicks need to rely on him they are likely to be disappointed.

man, that sums it up right there. for all those people constantly talking about tim and stuff, forget him already. we ALL know what he's like, we know he has his ups and downs so just ride the wave. it's early so i'm not going crazy. plus we have some depth at that position, so if he keeps stinking it up, trev is right there to take his minutes. why do we have to post about tim every single day?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/15/2004  9:53 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
My point is only that he has been in the league a long time has always had a lot of potential - and has never produced consistently. If the Knicks need to rely on him they are likely to be disappointed.

man, that sums it up right there. for all those people constantly talking about tim and stuff, forget him already. we ALL know what he's like, we know he has his ups and downs so just ride the wave. it's early so i'm not going crazy. plus we have some depth at that position, so if he keeps stinking it up, trev is right there to take his minutes. why do we have to post about tim every single day?

After a performance like Saturday night's, I think it's hard to not expect some venting about Ol' Dirty TT. That was so bad it was bound to kick off some steam - expecially after the 1-game tease against the CLips.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
11/15/2004  11:10 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by djsunyc:

After a performance like Saturday night's, I think it's hard to not expect some venting about Ol' Dirty TT. That was so bad it was bound to kick off some steam - expecially after the 1-game tease against the CLips.
You guys are right. He is really annoying with how he loses focus in games. I cannot say anything to stick up for him except that I want to wait longer before I get to where I really dislike the guy and his effort.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2004  11:21 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by djsunyc:

You guys are right. He is really annoying with how he loses focus in games. I cannot say anything to stick up for him except that I want to wait longer before I get to where I really dislike the guy and his effort.

Right...if he keeps this up for 15-20 games which i doubt then he deserves to be boo'ed off the court. But it's only been 5 games. It doesn't even feel like the season started yet. We play one day then we're off for 3 straight days. Just Chill and wait a couple more games to see what this team is made of. Hopefully Isiah & Lenny or Aguirre or Suhr hopefully someone can slap TT silly or else he'll be on the bench while Ariza starts or he'll be playing for the warriors or some other joke of a franchise
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/15/2004  1:13 PM
I agree, but the KVH trade is looking more more ridiculous, and knickfans are always impatient. Although it was preseaon, it was the last game, and he showed how fking dominate he can be with that 34 point game in 28 minutes, plus he got to the line, which has more impact then his just scoring.

Thats the problem with Nazy, he doesn't impact the game because he doesn't get to the FT line enough, and he's no shot blocker to say the least, he doesn't even change shots. He had one block shot in the clipper win and walt was sounding more the suprise then me.

Both TT and Nazy are athletic players who rearly show consistancy, and look lose when the play isn't run for them. But worse then this whole tt debate is the Fact that no one on this team can defend the paint, or actually understands where he needs to be in order to defend and freakinfg layup. There Timing and Postioning is down right awful. You just look at there faces after a defensive laps, and right away you can tell they mis the assignment.
ES
Tim Thomas update...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy