[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

3/6 @ Suns - MUST LOSE GAME
Author Thread
ankurk
Posts: 20079
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/23/2015
Member: #6075

3/5/2019  6:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2019  6:16 PM
Might be our most important game of the year. Secure a safe 2 game lead in the tankathon standings and allow us room to accidentally win games moving forward with 17 left after
AUTOADVERT
homeskillitprigioni
Posts: 20094
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/7/2013
Member: #4507

3/5/2019  6:45 PM
Haha it kind of is, although we have a pretty good shot at staying in the 3 worst and getting that top 14% at Zion anyways. If we don't get the overall #1, I'd see if we could package the pick in an AD deal.
Allanfan20
Posts: 33959
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
3/5/2019  7:23 PM
Any package from the Knicks without the number 1 overall pick will not land AD, even if it’s the number 2 pick. Would you accept that seeing what other teams will offer?
Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
Knicksfan
Posts: 31420
Alba Posts: 27
Joined: 7/5/2004
Member: #691
USA
3/5/2019  9:44 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Any package from the Knicks without the number 1 overall pick will not land AD, even if it’s the number 2 pick. Would you accept that seeing what other teams will offer?

I don’t want AD in NY. That might be crazy, but I’d keep Zion if we make it #1

Knicks_Fan
technomaster
Posts: 22341
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/30/2003
Member: #426
USA
3/5/2019  11:50 PM
Critical tanking game. Though I don't know if the NBA has even published the rules for tie breakers for this year's lottery.

In recent years, if teams finished with the same record, they'd just average out the ping pong balls between the two teams. If this is the case again this year and we finished with the same record as the Suns, the odds would be something like:

1. 14.0%
2. 13.4%
3. 12.7%
4. 12.0%
5. 37.8%
6. 10.0%

Odds for positions #1-4 would be the same, but we'd lose ~10% odds on pick 5 which would shift as a chance for pick 6.

Kevin Dolorico | "That was two, two from the heart." - John Starks
smackeddog
Posts: 33616
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
3/6/2019  6:43 AM
I guarantee we will win this one (ultimate reverse jinx)
Jmpasq
Posts: 23796
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

3/6/2019  7:11 AM
Damn we needed Kanter for this game.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Chandler
Posts: 23168
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

3/6/2019  10:38 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Any package from the Knicks without the number 1 overall pick will not land AD, even if it’s the number 2 pick. Would you accept that seeing what other teams will offer?

I think 2 could do it.

Lakers offered a lot of high picks who are underperforming and losing games but all of whom will still want big money in the not too distant future

Celts will probably offer Jaylen Brown and others (and try to hold Tatum). Similar situation to the above offer

Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year.
ankurk
Posts: 20079
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/23/2015
Member: #6075

3/6/2019  11:35 AM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:Haha it kind of is, although we have a pretty good shot at staying in the 3 worst and getting that top 14% at Zion anyways. If we don't get the overall #1, I'd see if we could package the pick in an AD deal.

It’s more so a must lose to make sure the lowest we can drop is 5 instead of 6. 5 leaves us with a chance at reddish

GustavBahler
Posts: 35365
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

3/6/2019  12:00 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Any package from the Knicks without the number 1 overall pick will not land AD, even if it’s the number 2 pick. Would you accept that seeing what other teams will offer?

I don’t want AD in NY. That might be crazy, but I’d keep Zion if we make it #1

Would not trade a top 3 pick for AD. Robinson looks like the real deal, and is progressing at a great clip. We have room for 2 max players. Would be crazy IMO to use more than that to bring elite players to NY.

The real test for Perry/Mills will be balancing the rebuild, with trying to be a player in free agency.

KnickDanger
Posts: 20148
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/30/2017
Member: #7578

3/6/2019  12:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Any package from the Knicks without the number 1 overall pick will not land AD, even if it’s the number 2 pick. Would you accept that seeing what other teams will offer?

I don’t want AD in NY. That might be crazy, but I’d keep Zion if we make it #1

Would not trade a top 3 pick for AD. Robinson looks like the real deal, and is progressing at a great clip. We have room for 2 max players. Would be crazy IMO to use more than that to bring elite players to NY.

The real test for Perry/Mills will be balancing the rebuild, with trying to be a player in free agency.

Trading a top pick and other major assets (what it would take to get AD) would be same old Knicks.

Allanfan20
Posts: 33959
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
3/6/2019  2:12 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Any package from the Knicks without the number 1 overall pick will not land AD, even if it’s the number 2 pick. Would you accept that seeing what other teams will offer?

I don’t want AD in NY. That might be crazy, but I’d keep Zion if we make it #1

Would not trade a top 3 pick for AD. Robinson looks like the real deal, and is progressing at a great clip. We have room for 2 max players. Would be crazy IMO to use more than that to bring elite players to NY.

The real test for Perry/Mills will be balancing the rebuild, with trying to be a player in free agency.

Trading a top pick and other major assets (what it would take to get AD) would be same old Knicks.

If we did that and didn’t land a free agent, it would be a disaster. We would be handcuffed for years.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
knicks1248
Posts: 38518
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
3/6/2019  4:56 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Any package from the Knicks without the number 1 overall pick will not land AD, even if it’s the number 2 pick. Would you accept that seeing what other teams will offer?

I don’t want AD in NY. That might be crazy, but I’d keep Zion if we make it #1

Would not trade a top 3 pick for AD. Robinson looks like the real deal, and is progressing at a great clip. We have room for 2 max players. Would be crazy IMO to use more than that to bring elite players to NY.

The real test for Perry/Mills will be balancing the rebuild, with trying to be a player in free agency.

Trading a top pick and other major assets (what it would take to get AD) would be same old Knicks.

you mean draft a guy that will never turn into more that a role player, that would be the same old knicks...

Or maybe we should go 40-250 under mills..

I bet this yr when the worst team actually gets the 5th pick it will persuade other franchises from tanking

ES
Cartman718
Posts: 28805
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

3/6/2019  9:08 PM
DeAndre Jordan is back should be a loss
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Posts: 28805
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

3/6/2019  9:12 PM
Uhoh suns looking like JV so far
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
ScoreBot
3/6/2019  9:14 PM
Q1 9:48
PHX 2 NYK 6
ScoreBot
3/6/2019  9:16 PM
Q1 8:38
PHX 3 NYK 10
ScoreBot
3/6/2019  9:18 PM
Q1 7:48
PHX 3 NYK 10
ScoreBot
3/6/2019  9:20 PM
Q1 7:01
PHX 4 NYK 12
Cartman718
Posts: 28805
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

3/6/2019  9:20 PM
Knicks are playing with urgency
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
3/6 @ Suns - MUST LOSE GAME

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.