[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Durant getting tired of the media and the Knicks talk
Author Thread
fishmike
Posts: 49000
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2019  10:47 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 57129
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2019  10:52 AM
The only thing we hear is Durant.
My take on Kyrie is he is has shown both maturity (fessed up and apologized to LeBron" and learned that having your own team is not easy. What these guys have been is not what they will always be going forward.
If he comes here he has to own a lot of it. He has to own his position with Durant, the coach and the youth if it remains as such.
The celtic situation is very weird. They are loaded with picks, was built for "now" then got hammered with injury to Haywood and then the emergence of Tatum who we know very little of. They looked to be built with a two year window given Horford and Kyries contract and have a decision with Rozier who got empowered by his playoff performance last year and seemed to have not handled it well this year. Might have been a bit of a youthful mutiny by the yoot. Tatum knows he is powerless via trade and he might be the centerpiece for a trade with AD. That's a core of Haywood, AD and Kyrie. formitable.
Celtic locker room changed this year. Im not in it. Tough to say. Just my opinion. Ainge has changed this team a few times now the last few years and he had a plan.
Does winning make for a strong future or an accomplishment to move on from?
WE always assume winning makes for a playing wanting to stay. Lebron moved from Miami and then from CLE after accomplishing his goals there. Durant has not stated his goals but I can see winning likely makes for him leaving more than if they fail to win a chip.
Behind all this might be Kerr stepping down too. He have gotten 4 rings in 5 years and that's a hell of a run.
He knows all too well coaches can wear out their welcome and unless your Pop or Phil sustainability is not an easy thing. I don't think Kerr is a great skilled coach. I say that because he has not proven himself to do this more than once with different players as has Pop, Phil or even Larry. This was his first gig and he walked into a very nice situation. Not taking anything away from the job he has done, just not adding any more to it.
You don't show a fool a job half done!
GustavBahler
Posts: 35376
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/8/2019  11:01 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

GustavBahler
Posts: 35376
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/8/2019  11:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2019  11:09 AM
Nalod wrote:The only thing we hear is Durant.
My take on Kyrie is he is has shown both maturity (fessed up and apologized to LeBron" and learned that having your own team is not easy. What these guys have been is not what they will always be going forward.
If he comes here he has to own a lot of it. He has to own his position with Durant, the coach and the youth if it remains as such.
The celtic situation is very weird. They are loaded with picks, was built for "now" then got hammered with injury to Haywood and then the emergence of Tatum who we know very little of. They looked to be built with a two year window given Horford and Kyries contract and have a decision with Rozier who got empowered by his playoff performance last year and seemed to have not handled it well this year. Might have been a bit of a youthful mutiny by the yoot. Tatum knows he is powerless via trade and he might be the centerpiece for a trade with AD. That's a core of Haywood, AD and Kyrie. formitable.
Celtic locker room changed this year. Im not in it. Tough to say. Just my opinion. Ainge has changed this team a few times now the last few years and he had a plan.
Does winning make for a strong future or an accomplishment to move on from?
WE always assume winning makes for a playing wanting to stay. Lebron moved from Miami and then from CLE after accomplishing his goals there. Durant has not stated his goals but I can see winning likely makes for him leaving more than if they fail to win a chip.
Behind all this might be Kerr stepping down too. He have gotten 4 rings in 5 years and that's a hell of a run.
He knows all too well coaches can wear out their welcome and unless your Pop or Phil sustainability is not an easy thing. I don't think Kerr is a great skilled coach. I say that because he has not proven himself to do this more than once with different players as has Pop, Phil or even Larry. This was his first gig and he walked into a very nice situation. Not taking anything away from the job he has done, just not adding any more to it.

Believe you arent giving Kerr enough credit. He took D'Antoni's system, added defense. Houston's D not as good as GS, but its just outside the top ten. Ever since the Warriors started dominating, D'Antoni talks a lot more about D. I give some of the credit to Kerr.

Nalod
Posts: 57129
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2019  11:35 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:The only thing we hear is Durant.
My take on Kyrie is he is has shown both maturity (fessed up and apologized to LeBron" and learned that having your own team is not easy. What these guys have been is not what they will always be going forward.
If he comes here he has to own a lot of it. He has to own his position with Durant, the coach and the youth if it remains as such.
The celtic situation is very weird. They are loaded with picks, was built for "now" then got hammered with injury to Haywood and then the emergence of Tatum who we know very little of. They looked to be built with a two year window given Horford and Kyries contract and have a decision with Rozier who got empowered by his playoff performance last year and seemed to have not handled it well this year. Might have been a bit of a youthful mutiny by the yoot. Tatum knows he is powerless via trade and he might be the centerpiece for a trade with AD. That's a core of Haywood, AD and Kyrie. formitable.
Celtic locker room changed this year. Im not in it. Tough to say. Just my opinion. Ainge has changed this team a few times now the last few years and he had a plan.
Does winning make for a strong future or an accomplishment to move on from?
WE always assume winning makes for a playing wanting to stay. Lebron moved from Miami and then from CLE after accomplishing his goals there. Durant has not stated his goals but I can see winning likely makes for him leaving more than if they fail to win a chip.
Behind all this might be Kerr stepping down too. He have gotten 4 rings in 5 years and that's a hell of a run.
He knows all too well coaches can wear out their welcome and unless your Pop or Phil sustainability is not an easy thing. I don't think Kerr is a great skilled coach. I say that because he has not proven himself to do this more than once with different players as has Pop, Phil or even Larry. This was his first gig and he walked into a very nice situation. Not taking anything away from the job he has done, just not adding any more to it.

Believe you arent giving Kerr enough credit. He took D'Antoni's system, added defense. Houston's D not as good as GS, but its just outside the top ten. Ever since the Warriors started dominating, D'Antoni talks a lot more about D. I give some of the credit to Kerr.

Read my highlight. Im not taking anything away from him. He has done a great job.
No winning coach can succed without great players. They can phuck it up. Maybe Mark Jax did phuch it up? Or I tend to think it was evolutionary. Kerr did not have "his system" because he had not coached before. He was fundamentally good enough and smart enough to employ the right system with what he had.
He has three rings and a 4th very likely. Their first ring was like the red sea parting in front of them as all the great pg's out west went down and they sustained health. Their record winning year without Durant was impressive but they had a hell of a roster. We forget how good Bogut could be.
Lebron leading clev in the finals that year was a master stroke still underrated in my opinion.

Getting Durant and Boogie without giving up anything was fortunate. The moon and the stars aligned for them and him. He is a solid guy, solid intelligent guy and likable. Im just not putting him on the mount rushmore of coaches until he replicates his system with another group.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
GustavBahler
Posts: 35376
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/8/2019  2:54 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:The only thing we hear is Durant.
My take on Kyrie is he is has shown both maturity (fessed up and apologized to LeBron" and learned that having your own team is not easy. What these guys have been is not what they will always be going forward.
If he comes here he has to own a lot of it. He has to own his position with Durant, the coach and the youth if it remains as such.
The celtic situation is very weird. They are loaded with picks, was built for "now" then got hammered with injury to Haywood and then the emergence of Tatum who we know very little of. They looked to be built with a two year window given Horford and Kyries contract and have a decision with Rozier who got empowered by his playoff performance last year and seemed to have not handled it well this year. Might have been a bit of a youthful mutiny by the yoot. Tatum knows he is powerless via trade and he might be the centerpiece for a trade with AD. That's a core of Haywood, AD and Kyrie. formitable.
Celtic locker room changed this year. Im not in it. Tough to say. Just my opinion. Ainge has changed this team a few times now the last few years and he had a plan.
Does winning make for a strong future or an accomplishment to move on from?
WE always assume winning makes for a playing wanting to stay. Lebron moved from Miami and then from CLE after accomplishing his goals there. Durant has not stated his goals but I can see winning likely makes for him leaving more than if they fail to win a chip.
Behind all this might be Kerr stepping down too. He have gotten 4 rings in 5 years and that's a hell of a run.
He knows all too well coaches can wear out their welcome and unless your Pop or Phil sustainability is not an easy thing. I don't think Kerr is a great skilled coach. I say that because he has not proven himself to do this more than once with different players as has Pop, Phil or even Larry. This was his first gig and he walked into a very nice situation. Not taking anything away from the job he has done, just not adding any more to it.

Believe you arent giving Kerr enough credit. He took D'Antoni's system, added defense. Houston's D not as good as GS, but its just outside the top ten. Ever since the Warriors started dominating, D'Antoni talks a lot more about D. I give some of the credit to Kerr.

Read my highlight. Im not taking anything away from him. He has done a great job.
No winning coach can succed without great players. They can phuck it up. Maybe Mark Jax did phuch it up? Or I tend to think it was evolutionary. Kerr did not have "his system" because he had not coached before. He was fundamentally good enough and smart enough to employ the right system with what he had.
He has three rings and a 4th very likely. Their first ring was like the red sea parting in front of them as all the great pg's out west went down and they sustained health. Their record winning year without Durant was impressive but they had a hell of a roster. We forget how good Bogut could be.
Lebron leading clev in the finals that year was a master stroke still underrated in my opinion.

Getting Durant and Boogie without giving up anything was fortunate. The moon and the stars aligned for them and him. He is a solid guy, solid intelligent guy and likable. Im just not putting him on the mount rushmore of coaches until he replicates his system with another group.

No doubt luck was involved. Got the feeling you were kind of "meh" on Kerr as a coach. He scrapped the iso heavy offense of Jackson, opened up the offense, and made defense an emphasis in a way his predecessors hadnt. Warriors most years were also the top defensive team, I believe, or up there.

Kerr didnt build a system from scratch, he took the best features from other teams, other systems, and made it his own. Also did a great job of managing personalities. Might not have coached very long but all those rings, playing for HOF coaches, clearly rubbed off on him.

fishmike
Posts: 49000
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2019  3:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

there is no scenario that that has KD/KI singing here for FA that involves any concessions. He's 100% a max player. He's missed time but has not suffered any kind of career threatening injury. Durant has also missed time. Cant really factor for that. Kyrie isnt my favorite FA but you dont get to pick and choose, especially if that is the guy KD wants. I suspect (and hope) that KD drives who else comes and lets face it, any combo works. IF its get him a robin and that's Kyrie great. Kyrie has a lot to prove and I think if you get him this is the best time. 27-31 and go from there.

How do you feel about this next year:
Kyrie/Dotson/Zion/KD/Mitch
bench: DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox

Nalod
Posts: 57129
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2019  4:10 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

there is no scenario that that has KD/KI singing here for FA that involves any concessions. He's 100% a max player. He's missed time but has not suffered any kind of career threatening injury. Durant has also missed time. Cant really factor for that. Kyrie isnt my favorite FA but you dont get to pick and choose, especially if that is the guy KD wants. I suspect (and hope) that KD drives who else comes and lets face it, any combo works. IF its get him a robin and that's Kyrie great. Kyrie has a lot to prove and I think if you get him this is the best time. 27-31 and go from there.

How do you feel about this next year:
Kyrie/Dotson/Zion/KD/Mitch
bench: DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox

Mario at the 2? I like his outside shot over Dotson but like Dots Defense.
If only Frank can make that shot. Zion if Mitch can hit a mid range shot he will pull his man away from Zion, that ball has to move. Frank moves the ball. Whom ever will have some clean looks if KD, KI and Zion are on the floor. Grab JJ Reddick, he lives in Brooklyn and is a sniper.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
GustavBahler
Posts: 35376
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/8/2019  4:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2019  4:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

there is no scenario that that has KD/KI singing here for FA that involves any concessions. He's 100% a max player. He's missed time but has not suffered any kind of career threatening injury. Durant has also missed time. Cant really factor for that. Kyrie isnt my favorite FA but you dont get to pick and choose, especially if that is the guy KD wants. I suspect (and hope) that KD drives who else comes and lets face it, any combo works. IF its get him a robin and that's Kyrie great. Kyrie has a lot to prove and I think if you get him this is the best time. 27-31 and go from there.

How do you feel about this next year:
Kyrie/Dotson/Zion/KD/Mitch
bench: DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox

Handing out a max deal to another player because an FA wants him here is a big concession. Especially when that player has missed as many games as Irving has. He's had a rep for being injury prone going back to Duke. He's earned it. Would be concerned with Irving's injury issues, and his relationship with NY media. Both Durant and Irving are thin skinned in that dept. One would be enough.

As I said earlier, Perry/Mills should offer short term deals. Durant didnt want to commit long term to GS, with a much better squad. He's seen what LeBron has had to go through in a similar situation. They might be on board with a short deal given NY's track record.Hope Perry/Mills go for it. Doesnt work out we get our cap room back in a hurry.

fishmike
Posts: 49000
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2019  4:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

there is no scenario that that has KD/KI singing here for FA that involves any concessions. He's 100% a max player. He's missed time but has not suffered any kind of career threatening injury. Durant has also missed time. Cant really factor for that. Kyrie isnt my favorite FA but you dont get to pick and choose, especially if that is the guy KD wants. I suspect (and hope) that KD drives who else comes and lets face it, any combo works. IF its get him a robin and that's Kyrie great. Kyrie has a lot to prove and I think if you get him this is the best time. 27-31 and go from there.

How do you feel about this next year:
Kyrie/Dotson/Zion/KD/Mitch
bench: DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox

Handing out a max deal to another player because an FA wants him here is a big concession. Especially when that player has missed as many games as Irving has. He's had a rep for being injury prone going back to Duke. He's earned it. Would be concerned with Irving's injury issues, and his relationship with NY media. Both Durant and Irving are thin skinned in that dept. One would be enough.

As I said earlier, Perry/Mills should offer short term deals. Durant didnt want to commit long term to GS, with a much better squad. He's seen what LeBron has had to go through in a similar situation. They might be on board with a short deal given NY's track record.Hope Perry/Mills go for it. Doesnt work out we get our cap room back in a hurry.

its just not. Its like you havent been laid in 20 years and here comes a movie star with a fashion model and you think its a concession because its not two movie stars.

Irving is a max player. That is his market value. Are we really debating that?

Nalod
Posts: 57129
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2019  4:59 PM
games played per season

51
59
71
75
53
72
60
67....This year.

age 26, six time all star.

Kawhi

64
58
66
64
72
74
9
59....This year. age 27, three time all star.

AD

64
67
68
61
75
75
56 This year......... age 25, 6 time all star...

Durant

80
74
82
78
66
81
81
27
72
62
68
77 This year, age 30, 10 time allstar.

Funny, I thought Kawhi was more durable, AD less, and Durant has been an iron man!!
KI will give you 60 games.
Remember Durant needed to "bulk up" if he were to survive? Dude is iron!
Plenty of minutes for DSjr if we sign KI and kid might really learn well from him.
You could play both in spurts and run teams off the court.

AD is awesome but he comes with bit salary but trade assets out the door. We did that for cap. Why double dip?
we assume KD gets to choose his Robin and heir apparent.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
GustavBahler
Posts: 35376
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/8/2019  5:15 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

there is no scenario that that has KD/KI singing here for FA that involves any concessions. He's 100% a max player. He's missed time but has not suffered any kind of career threatening injury. Durant has also missed time. Cant really factor for that. Kyrie isnt my favorite FA but you dont get to pick and choose, especially if that is the guy KD wants. I suspect (and hope) that KD drives who else comes and lets face it, any combo works. IF its get him a robin and that's Kyrie great. Kyrie has a lot to prove and I think if you get him this is the best time. 27-31 and go from there.

How do you feel about this next year:
Kyrie/Dotson/Zion/KD/Mitch
bench: DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox

Handing out a max deal to another player because an FA wants him here is a big concession. Especially when that player has missed as many games as Irving has. He's had a rep for being injury prone going back to Duke. He's earned it. Would be concerned with Irving's injury issues, and his relationship with NY media. Both Durant and Irving are thin skinned in that dept. One would be enough.

As I said earlier, Perry/Mills should offer short term deals. Durant didnt want to commit long term to GS, with a much better squad. He's seen what LeBron has had to go through in a similar situation. They might be on board with a short deal given NY's track record.Hope Perry/Mills go for it. Doesnt work out we get our cap room back in a hurry.

its just not. Its like you havent been laid in 20 years and here comes a movie star with a fashion model and you think its a concession because its not two movie stars.

Irving is a max player. That is his market value. Are we really debating that?

If the movie star and the model run up your CC bill as well, takes 5 years to pay it off. The model is in rehab most of the time, and the movie star bails because its affecting her career. Maybe its better if one sets their sights a little lower, so to speak.

If Irving stays healthy, absolutely a max player. Problem is he doesnt stay healthy for very long.

GustavBahler
Posts: 35376
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/8/2019  8:32 PM
Nalod wrote:games played per season

51
59
71
75
53
72
60
67....This year.

age 26, six time all star.

Kawhi

64
58
66
64
72
74
9
59....This year. age 27, three time all star.

AD

64
67
68
61
75
75
56 This year......... age 25, 6 time all star...

Durant

80
74
82
78
66
81
81
27
72
62
68
77 This year, age 30, 10 time allstar.

Funny, I thought Kawhi was more durable, AD less, and Durant has been an iron man!!
KI will give you 60 games.
Remember Durant needed to "bulk up" if he were to survive? Dude is iron!
Plenty of minutes for DSjr if we sign KI and kid might really learn well from him.
You could play both in spurts and run teams off the court.

AD is awesome but he comes with bit salary but trade assets out the door. We did that for cap. Why double dip?
we assume KD gets to choose his Robin and heir apparent.

Kyrie missed the playoffs last year, and got hurt in game one of the 2015 finals, cost them the series. That's two playoff runs cut short by injury in the last 5 years. Not worth the risk IMO on a high usage PG with bad knees (among other injuries) who isnt getting any younger. Not long term.

PresIke
Posts: 27160
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/26/2001
Member: #33
USA
4/8/2019  8:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
anrst wrote:he's what, 30 years old?

he should stay with the warriors

not cut out for new york

It's annoying as hell to have reporters constantly asking you the same damn question that has nothing to do with his current team, Same goes for Kyrie.

What is he supposed to say, "Yeah.... NYK here i come"

you guys know these reportes ask some of the dumb most obvious sht you could possible think of..

Exactly

I'm far from concerned.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
PresIke
Posts: 27160
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/26/2001
Member: #33
USA
4/8/2019  8:36 PM
Can't wait until this is all resolved so we can be over with all of the back and forth from everyone.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
GustavBahler
Posts: 35376
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/8/2019  9:03 PM
PresIke wrote:Can't wait until this is all resolved so we can be over with all of the back and forth from everyone.

How offensive.....and you mean forth and back.

fishmike
Posts: 49000
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/9/2019  11:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

there is no scenario that that has KD/KI singing here for FA that involves any concessions. He's 100% a max player. He's missed time but has not suffered any kind of career threatening injury. Durant has also missed time. Cant really factor for that. Kyrie isnt my favorite FA but you dont get to pick and choose, especially if that is the guy KD wants. I suspect (and hope) that KD drives who else comes and lets face it, any combo works. IF its get him a robin and that's Kyrie great. Kyrie has a lot to prove and I think if you get him this is the best time. 27-31 and go from there.

How do you feel about this next year:
Kyrie/Dotson/Zion/KD/Mitch
bench: DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox

Handing out a max deal to another player because an FA wants him here is a big concession. Especially when that player has missed as many games as Irving has. He's had a rep for being injury prone going back to Duke. He's earned it. Would be concerned with Irving's injury issues, and his relationship with NY media. Both Durant and Irving are thin skinned in that dept. One would be enough.

As I said earlier, Perry/Mills should offer short term deals. Durant didnt want to commit long term to GS, with a much better squad. He's seen what LeBron has had to go through in a similar situation. They might be on board with a short deal given NY's track record.Hope Perry/Mills go for it. Doesnt work out we get our cap room back in a hurry.

its just not. Its like you havent been laid in 20 years and here comes a movie star with a fashion model and you think its a concession because its not two movie stars.

Irving is a max player. That is his market value. Are we really debating that?

If the movie star and the model run up your CC bill as well, takes 5 years to pay it off. The model is in rehab most of the time, and the movie star bails because its affecting her career. Maybe its better if one sets their sights a little lower, so to speak.

If Irving stays healthy, absolutely a max player. Problem is he doesnt stay healthy for very long.

and if you say something we can start having a conversation. Is Kyrie a max player? Are you gonna sit down with Kawhi and tell him he's a max player... IF he stays healthy? Can we only pick Zion IF he stays healthy? Otherwise its wise to take Ja I think.

I mean cmon... you saying you skip on KD because Kyrie doesnt deserve max? I am really curious here

GustavBahler
Posts: 35376
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/9/2019  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2019  11:29 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

there is no scenario that that has KD/KI singing here for FA that involves any concessions. He's 100% a max player. He's missed time but has not suffered any kind of career threatening injury. Durant has also missed time. Cant really factor for that. Kyrie isnt my favorite FA but you dont get to pick and choose, especially if that is the guy KD wants. I suspect (and hope) that KD drives who else comes and lets face it, any combo works. IF its get him a robin and that's Kyrie great. Kyrie has a lot to prove and I think if you get him this is the best time. 27-31 and go from there.

How do you feel about this next year:
Kyrie/Dotson/Zion/KD/Mitch
bench: DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox

Handing out a max deal to another player because an FA wants him here is a big concession. Especially when that player has missed as many games as Irving has. He's had a rep for being injury prone going back to Duke. He's earned it. Would be concerned with Irving's injury issues, and his relationship with NY media. Both Durant and Irving are thin skinned in that dept. One would be enough.

As I said earlier, Perry/Mills should offer short term deals. Durant didnt want to commit long term to GS, with a much better squad. He's seen what LeBron has had to go through in a similar situation. They might be on board with a short deal given NY's track record.Hope Perry/Mills go for it. Doesnt work out we get our cap room back in a hurry.

its just not. Its like you havent been laid in 20 years and here comes a movie star with a fashion model and you think its a concession because its not two movie stars.

Irving is a max player. That is his market value. Are we really debating that?

If the movie star and the model run up your CC bill as well, takes 5 years to pay it off. The model is in rehab most of the time, and the movie star bails because its affecting her career. Maybe its better if one sets their sights a little lower, so to speak.

If Irving stays healthy, absolutely a max player. Problem is he doesnt stay healthy for very long.

and if you say something we can start having a conversation. Is Kyrie a max player? Are you gonna sit down with Kawhi and tell him he's a max player... IF he stays healthy? Can we only pick Zion IF he stays healthy? Otherwise its wise to take Ja I think.

I mean cmon... you saying you skip on KD because Kyrie doesnt deserve max? I am really curious here

His last 4 playoff runs, Irving has missed or failed to finish in half of them. He is a PG who relies on his burst to dominate. Giving a player like Kyrie a max deal, with all the knee surgeries, wear and tear, is very risky. Foolish to ignore the risk of handing out long term contracts to PGs with bad knees. Besides,teams dont normally win a ring when the PG has a max contract. Team gets spread too thin.

Haven't even gone into chemistry problems across 2 teams. You make it sound like Kyrie and Durant would be entering some kind of commitment not to bail if things dont work out. Durant? Of course he would.

Just because a player is skilled enough to be offered a max deal, doesnt necessarily mean that player is a good fit everywhere.

Nalod
Posts: 57129
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/9/2019  11:41 AM
Good discussion. Chris Paul has been hobbled for a super long time and Clippers failure to advance to finals was because of his usual breakdowns. Yet here we are with him maxed in Rocketland and when he plays that team is amazing!

Kyrie is younger, perhaps smarter and with good management I one can hope he can perform up to expectations.
Did he help last years boston teams youth be better because he was on the team the regular season? Maybe. Did Steph Curry over come his chronic problems? It happens. Do we expect iron man from a 26 year old top of form PG? 60-65 games??
Kyrie missed finals. While Lebron had a whole lot to do with that Kyrie helped get there.
Lets say that again,
"Kyrie missed games in the finals"........They got there.

But I totally get where the anti Kyrie comes from. Im glad I don't have to make the decision. Really, I don't know.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
fishmike
Posts: 49000
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/9/2019  12:36 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

ahhh... no its not because Kyrie is a max player. Its not really up for debate is it? I would certainly prefer Kawhi but Kyrie has the best handle in the game and shoots 40% from 3. I mean as a 1B next to KD as a 1A you really dont get much better than that. Huge concession? One might question the merits of maxing out only Kyrie, but along side KD? That is not a concession man

Dont you ahhh me! ha. The best ability is availability. How available will Kyrie be in the coming years? That is a legit question for a franchise that has been snakebit with expensive and frequently injured players.

there is no scenario that that has KD/KI singing here for FA that involves any concessions. He's 100% a max player. He's missed time but has not suffered any kind of career threatening injury. Durant has also missed time. Cant really factor for that. Kyrie isnt my favorite FA but you dont get to pick and choose, especially if that is the guy KD wants. I suspect (and hope) that KD drives who else comes and lets face it, any combo works. IF its get him a robin and that's Kyrie great. Kyrie has a lot to prove and I think if you get him this is the best time. 27-31 and go from there.

How do you feel about this next year:
Kyrie/Dotson/Zion/KD/Mitch
bench: DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox

Handing out a max deal to another player because an FA wants him here is a big concession. Especially when that player has missed as many games as Irving has. He's had a rep for being injury prone going back to Duke. He's earned it. Would be concerned with Irving's injury issues, and his relationship with NY media. Both Durant and Irving are thin skinned in that dept. One would be enough.

As I said earlier, Perry/Mills should offer short term deals. Durant didnt want to commit long term to GS, with a much better squad. He's seen what LeBron has had to go through in a similar situation. They might be on board with a short deal given NY's track record.Hope Perry/Mills go for it. Doesnt work out we get our cap room back in a hurry.

its just not. Its like you havent been laid in 20 years and here comes a movie star with a fashion model and you think its a concession because its not two movie stars.

Irving is a max player. That is his market value. Are we really debating that?

If the movie star and the model run up your CC bill as well, takes 5 years to pay it off. The model is in rehab most of the time, and the movie star bails because its affecting her career. Maybe its better if one sets their sights a little lower, so to speak.

If Irving stays healthy, absolutely a max player. Problem is he doesnt stay healthy for very long.

and if you say something we can start having a conversation. Is Kyrie a max player? Are you gonna sit down with Kawhi and tell him he's a max player... IF he stays healthy? Can we only pick Zion IF he stays healthy? Otherwise its wise to take Ja I think.

I mean cmon... you saying you skip on KD because Kyrie doesnt deserve max? I am really curious here

His last 4 playoff runs, Irving has missed or failed to finish in half of them. He is a PG who relies on his burst to dominate. Giving a player like Kyrie a max deal, with all the knee surgeries, wear and tear, is very risky. Foolish to ignore the risk of handing out long term contracts to PGs with bad knees. Besides,teams dont normally win a ring when the PG has a max contract. Team gets spread too thin.

Haven't even gone into chemistry problems across 2 teams. You make it sound like Kyrie and Durant would be entering some kind of commitment not to bail if things dont work out. Durant? Of course he would.

Just because a player is skilled enough to be offered a max deal, doesnt necessarily mean that player is a good fit everywhere.

So no KD an no Kyrie for you. Too risky. Got it.

Myself I am great with signing them. We need elite talent. KD and Kyrie represent that and the best chance to win an actual title. If I have a chance to add KD/Kyrie for no cost but cap space that is a generational FA opportunity and you do that. No questions asked.

Durant getting tired of the media and the Knicks talk

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.