[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Durant getting tired of the media and the Knicks talk
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/7/2019  3:02 AM
KD getting very tired of the media and the Knicks talk. May not mean much in the summer, or may already be an indicator against him coming to the center of the media world in NY. We’ll see:

Kevin Durant: 'I Just Don't Trust' Media; 'I Have Nothing to Do with the Knicks'

Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant, who did not speak publicly with the media for nine days, did so Wednesday in a heated postgame press conference following his team's 141-102 win over the San Antonio Spurs.

When asked why he hadn't spoken to the media recently, Durant made the following remark, per Bonta Hill of 95.7 The Game:

Mark Medina of the Mercury News provided footage of the presser:

Durant had a near triple-double against San Antonio with 23 points, nine assists and eight rebounds in 29 minutes.

His team has won 13 of its last 14 games and is currently first in the Western Conference. The Warriors are the clear favorites to win another title, their fourth in five years.

But much of the talk surrounding Durant this year has not involved his on-court play. That isn't his fault, as his impending free agency has naturally elicited much chatter and speculation about where he'll end up.

One of those potential destinations proposed is the New York Knicks. Google "Durant Knicks," and you'll find a litany of sources connecting the two. See here for one such example from Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News.

Durant was also involved in an on-court/locker-room dispute with Draymond Green, which led to the latter player's suspension. The fallout from that moment stretched long enough for Durant to ask if the chatter would last "all year."

Ultimately, Durant has every right to be annoyed and upset. He's on a highly scrutinized team with an international media following where every move is documented. Granted, that's part of the job, but it doesn't seem like a particularly easy task to control your emotions as you hear the same questions many times over with potentially millions of people watching your interview.

On the flip side, pro basketball's popularity has risen to the point where it can take over Twitter during Super Bowl week. Fans' demand for content is sky high, and the reporters are doing their job. It's a tough situation, as the Durant decision will be massive news this summer, leading to the speculation.

But such is life in the NBA now. Forty years ago, the NBA Finals were on tape delay. Now if you don't refresh Twitter every five minutes, you're out of the loop.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819734-kevin-durant-i-just-dont-trust-media-i-have-nothing-to-do-with-the-knicks

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
2/7/2019  8:54 AM
he's what, 30 years old?

he should stay with the warriors

not cut out for new york

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/7/2019  9:01 AM
anrst wrote:he's what, 30 years old?

he should stay with the warriors

not cut out for new york

It's annoying as hell to have reporters constantly asking you the same damn question that has nothing to do with his current team, Same goes for Kyrie.

What is he supposed to say, "Yeah.... NYK here i come"

you guys know these reportes ask some of the dumb most obvious sht you could possible think of..

ES
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/7/2019  10:16 AM
The Media especially the garbage NY media could once again mess up any plans the Knicks have of having a big offseason. KD is obviously pissed and mentioned the talk of him going to the Knicks specifically and on the NBA trade deadline show on NBA TV last night a Boston reporter talked about how upset Kyrie is about when outside people like to say what he's going to do this offseason and where he's gonna sign and he said Kyrie is one of those guys that would do something different then what everyone is saying he'll do just to prove a point or prove them wrong and then David Griffin said he thinks Kyrie would sign with Brooklyn over the Knicks. This is already upsetting Kyrie and KD and it's only February so just think how upset they'll be by the time July 1st gets here and you know the media especially the NY media won't ease up on them.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/7/2019  10:18 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:The Media especially the garbage NY media could once again mess up any plans the Knicks have of having a big offseason. KD is obviously pissed and mentioned the talk of him going to the Knicks specifically and on the NBA trade deadline show on NBA TV last night a Boston reporter talked about how upset Kyrie is about when outside people like to say what he's going to do this offseason and where he's gonna sign and he said Kyrie is one of those guys that would do something different then what everyone is saying he'll do just to prove a point or prove them wrong and then David Griffin said he thinks Kyrie would sign with Brooklyn over the Knicks. This is already upsetting Kyrie and KD and it's only February so just think how upset they'll be by the time July 1st gets here and you know the media especially the NY media won't ease up on them.
I agree its probably annoying but I doubt its enough to alter their plans if they really want to come here
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/7/2019  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  10:29 AM
Don't blame him- he's obviously not going to say what his plans are, but they keep asking the same question, over and over and over again. As a fan, I'm looking forward to finding out, but it annoys me when they keep hassling the players with these inane questions. I can wait until free agency, I'll enjoy speculating with other fans until then, but I don't need journalists to ask him every day until then.
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
2/7/2019  10:41 AM
KD upset with KP trade. I think KD go to Mavs!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/7/2019  10:44 AM
LegendD wrote:KD upset with KP trade. I think KD go to Mavs!
Why are you even here? You have said that you are KP's boy so shouldnt you be on a Mavs board?
anrst
USA
2/7/2019  11:00 AM
both sides are right...

kd can rightly be bothered by the media for being expected to talk to them every single day

but please ... these guys are the cause of the drama, so they can spare us the victimization

you hold power. you get attention. live with it.

anrst
USA
2/7/2019  11:02 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:The Media especially the garbage NY media could once again mess up any plans the Knicks have of having a big offseason. KD is obviously pissed and mentioned the talk of him going to the Knicks specifically and on the NBA trade deadline show on NBA TV last night a Boston reporter talked about how upset Kyrie is about when outside people like to say what he's going to do this offseason and where he's gonna sign and he said Kyrie is one of those guys that would do something different then what everyone is saying he'll do just to prove a point or prove them wrong and then David Griffin said he thinks Kyrie would sign with Brooklyn over the Knicks. This is already upsetting Kyrie and KD and it's only February so just think how upset they'll be by the time July 1st gets here and you know the media especially the NY media won't ease up on them.

i don't care about Kyrie or KD

KD is old

Kyrie is brittle and not a #1 on a title winner

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/7/2019  11:06 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
I agree its probably annoying but I doubt its enough to alter their plans if they really want to come here

I don't think it's coincidence that the two guys that are getting the most upset about all this talk are the two guys that are being projected to sign with the Knicks more then any other players and it's not even close. What if Kyrie hates it so much that the media is projecting him to the Knicks more then any other team that he just wants to prove them wrong and sign elsewhere. That sounds petty but some of these players are kinda petty about certain things and could see them just wanting the media to be so wrong that they do what they can to make that happen. It's not like he doesn't have multiple great options with staying with Boston or signing with the Lakers and team back up with Lebron or signing with the team he rooted for when he was a kid in the Nets or the Clippers or wherever cause he'll have options besides the Knicks. The media need to lay off of these guys but now they smell blood cause they see it bothering some of these guys and will do what they can to get a good reaction.

I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

anrst
USA
2/7/2019  11:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  11:09 AM
kyrie LOVES all this ... he loves the attention... the way he said talk to me in july to fuel the fire ... and then made a big show of calling his dad down to the court after the game at msg... he loves it... kd, not so much.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/7/2019  11:14 AM
LegendD wrote:KD upset with KP trade. I think KD go to Mavs!

It pains me to admit it, but your first sentence might have some merit to it. AT first most thought we got unlucky by drafting KP, then everyone thought that we got lucky with him falling into our laps, then three years later it's obvious that we weren't so lucky afterall. HE was not going to be a part of our future. That could have been extrapolated after he skipped the exit interview. Instead everyone all but ignored it, including KD if he thought he was gonna team up with KP in NY. That, apparently, was never gonna be the case. Now KD needs to come here together with another all star. That would make things more difficult for him.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2019  11:37 AM

As for KD, he is not refuting Knicks so that's a good sign.
Blame the media or us fans who hang on every nuance and eat this shyt up.
We are guilty of connecting the dots on what the knicks do, and what KP does or does not say.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/7/2019  12:04 PM
anrst wrote:both sides are right...

kd can rightly be bothered by the media for being expected to talk to them every single day

but please ... these guys are the cause of the drama, so they can spare us the victimization

But KD didn't create any drama. You can't blame a guy for saying he didn't want ti discuss his off season plans with you. That's not drama it's the opposite. He didn't say he was considering the offseason and hint at NY, all that was and still is noise.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/7/2019  12:12 PM
KD and Irning are soft products of the age of political correctness.
Imagine dudes like KG or any of 90th KNicks will be asked this kind of questions by media.
They will just say to this reporters GFY!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/7/2019  2:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  2:46 PM
Cant blame him, cant blame reporters for doing their job.
anrst
USA
2/7/2019  3:18 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
anrst wrote:both sides are right...

But KD didn't create any drama. You can't blame a guy for saying he didn't want ti discuss his off season plans with you. That's not drama it's the opposite. He didn't say he was considering the offseason and hint at NY, all that was and still is noise.

as if his camp isn't doing behind the scenes work

blkexec
Member: #748
2/7/2019  4:19 PM
Who creates the most damage...NY fans or NY media

Doesn't seem like KD is built for this noise. Might be a bad marriage from the start.

NY fans and NY media are like parents and relatives. If you can't deal with them, don't get married.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/7/2019  4:38 PM
blkexec wrote:Who creates the most damage...NY fans or NY media

Doesn't seem like KD is built for this noise. Might be a bad marriage from the start.

NY fans and NY media are like parents and relatives. If you can't deal with them, don't get married.

Yeah and this is JUST about free agency. What if he signs here and gets nagging injuries or starts playing sub-par. He won’t know what hits him. He should be able to accept the fact that the media is going to say what it says and ask what it asks.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Durant getting tired of the media and the Knicks talk

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy