Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

2/7/2019  6:28 PM
anrst wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
anrst wrote:both sides are right...

kd can rightly be bothered by the media for being expected to talk to them every single day

but please ... these guys are the cause of the drama, so they can spare us the victimization

you hold power. you get attention. live with it.

But KD didn't create any drama. You can't blame a guy for saying he didn't want ti discuss his off season plans with you. That's not drama it's the opposite. He didn't say he was considering the offseason and hint at NY, all that was and still is noise.

as if his camp isn't doing behind the scenes work

Good, then the reporters should take their dumb questions to his "camp".

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/4/2019  8:20 AM
Wonder what Durant will say about this?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/4/2019  8:56 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Wonder what Durant will say about this?

I just posted this in the other thread..

I don't kNow why a reporter would ask him "HEY KD IS IT TRUE YOUR GOING TO THE KNICKS NEXT SEASON?" what is he supposed to say... yeah I am

He can't talk about it even if he wanted, but the rumors are coming from every sports writer in the country that covers the NBA, and now you have rival execs believing these rumors as well..

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/4/2019  9:29 AM
I tend to agree with Oakley - NYK is ending up with Walker and Butler or something like that, which would be fine with me
Kemba
Jimmy
Kevin
Zion
Mitch
that works for me
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler

4/4/2019  9:55 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I tend to agree with Oakley - NYK is ending up with Walker and Butler or something like that, which would be fine with me
Kemba
Jimmy
Kevin
Zion
Mitch
that works for me

Better Kemba than Kyrie. If we had to max out a PG, would want it to be Russell. He was at the G league game cheering for the team, I get the feeling he isnt going anywhere. Has a good thing going in Brooklyn.

Wont be easy to turn the franchise on a dime, into contention. Butler isnt known for being patient.

If we draft Morant, hoping Perry and Mills think twice about maxing out a PG, with Morant and Smith jr on the roster. Wouldn't be a smart allocation of resources IMO.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/4/2019  11:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Wonder what Durant will say about this?

I just posted this in the other thread..

I don't kNow why a reporter would ask him "HEY KD IS IT TRUE YOUR GOING TO THE KNICKS NEXT SEASON?" what is he supposed to say... yeah I am

He can't talk about it even if he wanted, but the rumors are coming from every sports writer in the country that covers the NBA, and now you have rival execs believing these rumors as well..

I wish these reporters would shut the f*** up about this!!

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/4/2019  11:16 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I tend to agree with Oakley - NYK is ending up with Walker and Butler or something like that, which would be fine with me
Kemba
Jimmy
Kevin
Zion
Mitch
that works for me

Better Kemba than Kyrie. If we had to max out a PG, would want it to be Russell. He was at the G league game cheering for the team, I get the feeling he isnt going anywhere. Has a good thing going in Brooklyn.

Wont be easy to turn the franchise on a dime, into contention. Butler isnt known for being patient.

If we draft Morant, hoping Perry and Mills think twice about maxing out a PG, with Morant and Smith jr on the roster. Wouldn't be a smart allocation of resources IMO.

Me and you are usually on the same page but no way am I taking Kemba over Kyrie....Would love to get Morant but, if getting Durant means we have to add Kyrie, you sign Kyrie. He is a better player and closer than Kemba anyway

GustavBahler

4/4/2019  11:43 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemba
Jimmy
Kevin
Zion
Mitch
that works for me

Me and you are usually on the same page but no way am I taking Kemba over Kyrie....Would love to get Morant but, if getting Durant means we have to add Kyrie, you sign Kyrie. He is a better player and closer than Kemba anyway

Not denying that. Kemba over Kyrie is more about fit, and fitness. Believe Kyrie will bring the potential for drama, and DNPs. If he goes down with another major injury, trading him will be difficult to say the least. And who knows how long Durant will want to stick around? We've gone through so many contracts that way, over the last few decades. This feels like another instance.

If Durant sees Morant and Smith jr on the roster, Im hoping whatever input he has goes towards encouraging Perry and Mills to work on the bench. Making it deep enough so Durant isnt overused, at this stage in his career. To help us go deep in the playoffs. Keeping Jordan would help, for starters.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/4/2019  11:54 AM
Here's another today :
Kevin Durant will leave the Golden State Warriors and sign with the New York Knicks this summer, according to Ric Bucher.

"From everything I've heard, it's done. Yes, he's leaving," said Bucher when he appeared on Colin Cowherd's "The Herd".

Bucher added that Durant has never truly felt embraced by the Warriors and is looking to carve out his own path with the Knicks.

"I can tell you that Kevin Durant has never been fully embraced by the Warriors faithful. And has never, from even a national perspective, been given the just do that you would expect for a guy who has been the NBA Finals MVP of their last two championships. It's still Steph's team. It's still Steph, Klay, Draymond. KD thanks for coming along and helping us win these last two...So now that he's done that, it's a matter of, 'Where can I go and I can get this done? I can be the centerpiece and I'm going to be unbelievably appreciated.' I can tell you one place: The New York Knicks, the New York Knicks' fans, Madison Square Garden. If he so much as takes them into the conference finals, for as much as they have not done for the past multiple decades, he will be beloved there like he never has been at Golden State after winning two championships."

Im sorry but this simply makes too much sense. While folks can hate on the Knick prospects all they want the Knicks youth at the very worst will serve as very good role players: (next year's guaranteed)
PGs: Frank is good at running set plays and defending, DSjr looks like a high energy scorer off the bench
SG: Trier and Dotson are both + defenders who can score and space the floor
SF: Knox is a disaster but he's so young. Hopefully he earns bench minutes next year
PF:
C: Mitch might be a more athletic Clint Capella. For obvious reasons he's looking more and more like a guy can you eventually anchor a defense around.

So the good part in a KD scenario is we are empty at the forward but have some bodies at guard.

I think its very likely we simply max out KD/Kyrie. After that when you consider how players feel about Fizdale NY is suddenly a VERY attractive destination for a couple old guys who could help. Ariza, Tyson Chandler and Jeff Green all come to mind.

Ill believe it when I see it but this is starting to look a lot like Lebron to LA

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/4/2019  1:47 PM
Durant is panacea. Adding him to any team is a game changer because he can plug up all sorts of holes. He's a legit point forward if need be, he can play center for stretches. He can score from anywhere and stretches out the defense. He's pretty much awesome.

Anyone else you sign in addition to him is gravy. If he says he wants to play with Hezonja or Carmelo or Michael Beasley or Demarcus Cousins or DeAndre Jordan, you suck it up and do it.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/4/2019  2:13 PM
This is all been there done that. The media played the New York angle all day back in 2010. Now they are trying to stir the pot again and again. I’ll leave .01% chance KD is going to join the Knicks. As far as this BS reporting that just what it is.
knicks1248
4/4/2019  2:30 PM
Vmart wrote:This is all been there done that. The media played the New York angle all day back in 2010. Now they are trying to stir the pot again and again. I’ll leave .01% chance KD is going to join the Knicks. As far as this BS reporting that just what it is.

No way dude..The LBJ FA talk was no where near close to these rumors, and the knicks never had enough for 2 max slots. aside from that. The media was split on where he would end up, this time around, even the most anti knick writer is stating this, everyone on ESPN, NBA.com, FOX sports, Bleecher report, NYT, Hoops hype..scouts, other GM's.. His name hasn't been link to any other team more than the knicks

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/4/2019  3:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Kemba
Jimmy
Kevin
Zion
Mitch
that works for me

Not denying that. Kemba over Kyrie is more about fit, and fitness. Believe Kyrie will bring the potential for drama, and DNPs. If he goes down with another major injury, trading him will be difficult to say the least. And who knows how long Durant will want to stick around? We've gone through so many contracts that way, over the last few decades. This feels like another instance.

If Durant sees Morant and Smith jr on the roster, Im hoping whatever input he has goes towards encouraging Perry and Mills to work on the bench. Making it deep enough so Durant isnt overused, at this stage in his career. To help us go deep in the playoffs. Keeping Jordan would help, for starters.

I too think Kemba is an ideal fit and that Kyrie is a better overall player...

I guess my original point was that the I don't think the Knicks will get the best UFAs but I will be happy with whichever ones we get

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

4/4/2019  4:44 PM
i have no idea about what's going to happen this offseason, but the reaction to all of this is hilarious. you have media members almost panicking about the idea of kd to new york and you have fans panicking that they won't be the main thing in new york. it's all funny to me
GustavBahler

4/4/2019  6:58 PM
knicks180nyc wrote:i have no idea about what's going to happen this offseason, but the reaction to all of this is hilarious. you have media members almost panicking about the idea of kd to new york and you have fans panicking that they won't be the main thing in new york. it's all funny to me

Flush..

Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/5/2019  12:26 AM
Really wish we'd not add to the media fuel on this topic, the more annoyed Durant gets, the lesser the chance of him signing here.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
4/5/2019  11:24 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Really wish we'd not add to the media fuel on this topic, the more annoyed Durant gets, the lesser the chance of him signing here.

why?

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/5/2019  9:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Really wish we'd not add to the media fuel on this topic, the more annoyed Durant gets, the lesser the chance of him signing here.
why?
Because NY is more media?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/7/2019  10:12 AM
Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.
GustavBahler

4/8/2019  8:47 AM
Nalod wrote:Durant has been grumpy for years with media. Nothing new.
Bucher has a good angle. Not sure how accurate it is but he presnts a good opinion.
My take is Durant can handle it because he’ll handle expectations an understands the media even if annoying.
Bucher does mention Knicks but not NYC and were you choose to live is as important as where you work. Nets are also viable if NYC is desirable. they have the money, have more in place talent and a GM/coach tandem in place a bit more seasoned together.
It’s hard to ever say “Winning is not important” but how you get there might be.
Nalod wont project any more because time will tell ths story, not my predictions.

To me it depends on how Durant wants to play a part in building the team. If he makes Kyrie a condition of his signing, I would hope Perry/Mills take a step back. If they were to sign two year deals, like Durant/LeBron have both done in the past, that would give both sides more flexibility.
Maxing out Irving and all the risks that go with it (injury and chemistry wise) is a huge concession.

Would they get us a ring? Would be willing to bet on short term deals on Durant/Irving but not all those years. Especially if we draft Zion. Wouldn't want his team hamstrung with cap space used up by a player who cant stay healthy. Or we draft a PG to go along with DSjr. Durant could call next season a tryout between Morant and DSJr.

For all we know Durant hasn't made playing with Irving a priority. Besides, Kyrie might go through a long playoff slog in Boston, and start to bond with the team, which he hasn't seemed to do to this point. Anything can happen. Just dont want Perry/Mills to give away the store.for a very brief run.

Durant getting tired of the media and the Knicks talk

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy