AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

10/28/2018  10:31 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
wargames wrote:Honestly I wouldn't mind a trade for Kanter. His contract and level of play.... Knicks might be able to get a first round pick for him.

Only issue is they may have to take back a longer contract to waive.

A short review of the teams that'd be interested in an expiring Kanter (a team with ambitions of a deep playoff run) review very few options in terms of moving his contract for another expiring. And that includes combining smaller expiring contracts.

The only team that has expiring options to acquire a very big contract is Philly (Chandler, Bayless, McConnell), and I don't know another center would be their priority.

Would the Lakers want him (Pope)?

Shooting seems to be the thing most teams need.

I don't think Kanter is going anywhere, just because there isn't many places for him realistically to go.

How about Sacramento, for WCS and fillers they are way under the salary cap so I don’t think the salaries need to match.

Would you give up WCS for Kanter? I wouldn't.

I know lol one can dream

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2018  11:02 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
wargames wrote:Honestly I wouldn't mind a trade for Kanter. His contract and level of play.... Knicks might be able to get a first round pick for him.

A short review of the teams that'd be interested in an expiring Kanter (a team with ambitions of a deep playoff run) review very few options in terms of moving his contract for another expiring. And that includes combining smaller expiring contracts.

The only team that has expiring options to acquire a very big contract is Philly (Chandler, Bayless, McConnell), and I don't know another center would be their priority.

I don't think Kanter is going anywhere, just because there isn't many places for him realistically to go.

How about Sacramento, for WCS and fillers they are way under the salary cap so I don’t think the salaries need to match.

I know lol one can dream

The one thing SAC does have is Zach Randolph $11.5M expiring contact, Shumpert's $11M expiring and some other dead weight in Koufos and Ben McLemore. If they let them all expire they will have a tremendous amount of cap space. Are they dumb enough to want some vets on their team for a year or 2? Lee? A pumped up THJr? Probably neither but one can hope that they are stupid enough.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/29/2018  3:17 AM
martin wrote:ha this is awesome:

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/29/2018  9:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2018  9:47 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

He's expiring.

Why do they need him?

Knickoftime

10/29/2018  9:47 AM
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I know lol one can dream

The one thing SAC does have is Zach Randolph $11.5M expiring contact, Shumpert's $11M expiring and some other dead weight in Koufos and Ben McLemore. If they let them all expire they will have a tremendous amount of cap space. Are they dumb enough to want some vets on their team for a year or 2? Lee? A pumped up THJr? Probably neither but one can hope that they are stupid enough.

Sacramento logic is they can't sign free agents, so they have to overpay for middling vets because that's the only way to acquire them.

Of course, this doesn't apply to Kanter.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/29/2018  11:31 AM
Was Perry at Detroit when Wallace was there?

they need someone like him to tutor Mitch; If Kanter picks up anything that would be great.

(5)(5)
Knickoftime

10/29/2018  11:34 AM
I'm old enough to remember when Mark Aguirre was going to help turn Michael Sweetney into a low-post beast.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2018  11:46 AM
Chandler wrote:Was Perry at Detroit when Wallace was there?

they need someone like him to tutor Mitch; If Kanter picks up anything that would be great.

Mitch needs tutors, and they got him one. They can incorporate that into a practice regimen.

martin
USA
10/29/2018  12:29 PM

He was, it's the reason Wallace is in NY giving tutorials.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/30/2018  11:06 AM
martin wrote:

someplace I read or heard they're trying to get Billups in the house too.

(5)(5)
martin
USA
10/30/2018  12:38 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Yes! Same connection via Detroit.

Man, NYK gotta spend some extra dough and hire Billups and Wallace as much as they can get them over the next 2 years.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/30/2018  12:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2018  12:46 PM
Kanter took his benching like a vet, and did damage from the bench. Fun as hell watching MitchRob sky for that dunk though, holy ****.

If Wallace can help Kanter with anything, its how to post up from farther out from his comfort zone, and defending out there as well.

Kanter doesnt need any advice posting up in the paint, already one of the best.

Nalod
USA
10/30/2018  1:14 PM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Yes! Same connection via Detroit.

Man, NYK gotta spend some extra dough and hire Billups and Wallace as much as they can get them over the next 2 years.

Read that Fiz seems good with his ego to bring in legends/guests to help out. Some coaches are good with that, others want a steady voice and control. I guess either works when your winning. So far he had Ewing give a speech, clyde talk to some players, and Sheed guest coaching. Not sure one needs to have these guys full time. Good/great players have a lot to offer but not all cut out to be a coach.

martin
USA
10/30/2018  1:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Kanter took his benching like a vet, and did damage from the bench. Fun as hell watching MitchRob sky for that dunk though, holy ****.

If Wallace can help Kanter with anything, its how to post up from farther out from his comfort zone, and defending out there as well.

Kanter doesnt need any advice posting up in the paint, already one of the best.

His passing out of post and recognition of double teams. Kanter made some nice passes to Mario on cuts, wanna see more of that

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/30/2018  2:27 PM
Vooch and WCS will be valued how in than Kanter. Kanter will probably get a similar deal and situation as Julius Randle.

I could see a team like Boston valuing him as an upgrade over Baynes if they can get him for mid level. Fizz will probably look to go forward with KP, Mitch, Knox, Vonleh at the 4-5 next season. And utilize the money that would be spent to retain Kanter on other needs.

If we come away with a penetrating-playmaking G/F at the draft that can comfortably play SG or SF in the 6'7 range with 6'10+ wingspan.

Then in FA of course target the Durant, Kwahi, Klay level FAs. Then after we probably strike out. Either build depth or make some savy moves to collect more assets for a later trade. Like maybe eat a deal or 2 with one year left for a team looking for that extra space for assets.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
USA
10/30/2018  2:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Vooch and WCS will be valued how in than Kanter. Kanter will probably get a similar deal and situation as Julius Randle.

I could see a team like Boston valuing him as an upgrade over Baynes if they can get him for mid level. Fizz will probably look to go forward with KP, Mitch, Knox, Vonleh at the 4-5 next season. And utilize the money that would be spent to retain Kanter on other needs.

If we come away with a penetrating-playmaking G/F at the draft that can comfortably play SG or SF in the 6'7 range with 6'10+ wingspan.

Then in FA of course target the Durant, Kwahi, Klay level FAs. Then after we probably strike out. Either build depth or make some savy moves to collect more assets for a later trade. Like maybe eat a deal or 2 with one year left for a team looking for that extra space for assets.

Where do you see Knox?
THjr might be a tradable asset. Not sure you pay a guy 18mm to come off the bench.
Draft the best player possible or by position? its a big puzzle.
Mitchell might be Amare, or might be Tyrus Thomas? Knox the next KD? Or Anthony Randolph?
Teams reliant on penetrating PG stars don't win chips. Not talking MVP's, they are MVPs. CP3 and Nash two greats with no rings. Kyrie was huge but it was about Lebron.
Not saying frank is the answer.
steph curry is amazing, but he is on another planet. He can penetrate because his shot is top 5 all time.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/30/2018  4:13 PM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Vooch and WCS will be valued how in than Kanter. Kanter will probably get a similar deal and situation as Julius Randle.

Where do you see Knox?
THjr might be a tradable asset. Not sure you pay a guy 18mm to come off the bench.
Draft the best player possible or by position? its a big puzzle.
Mitchell might be Amare, or might be Tyrus Thomas? Knox the next KD? Or Anthony Randolph?
Teams reliant on penetrating PG stars don't win chips. Not talking MVP's, they are MVPs. CP3 and Nash two greats with no rings. Kyrie was huge but it was about Lebron.
Not saying frank is the answer.
steph curry is amazing, but he is on another planet. He can penetrate because his shot is top 5 all time.

Knox is a 3/4 but I have to see more of him to be confident he can guard quicker perimeter players.

Fizz when he started Burke, Hardaway, Frank. I believe his vision is to eventually have 1-3 be cappable of handling the rock as a playmaker rather than living and dieing with one ball dominant decision maker. Knicks will fine tune until that vision is met. Believe he also would like 1-4 to be able to rebound and out the ball on the floor pushing the pace. I can see Knox being molded into that.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
USA
11/5/2018  3:24 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/11/05/enes-kanter-has-no-words-one-telling-tweet-in-awkward-knicks-turn/

Enes is not incorrect to feel the way he does. Knicks agenda does not correspond with Enes who wants a long term big contract.
He does like being in NY and wanted to "retire a knick". Can't help not like a guy like that but lets be real, Mitchell ceiling is high and at 20 fits the timeline better. Enes is better now. He is everything tyler Hansbrough could have been. Perhaps that's not enough.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/5/2018  3:55 PM
Nalod wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/11/05/enes-kanter-has-no-words-one-telling-tweet-in-awkward-knicks-turn/

Enes is not incorrect to feel the way he does. Knicks agenda does not correspond with Enes who wants a long term big contract.
He does like being in NY and wanted to "retire a knick". Can't help not like a guy like that but lets be real, Mitchell ceiling is high and at 20 fits the timeline better. Enes is better now. He is everything tyler Hansbrough could have been. Perhaps that's not enough.

After the battle of NBA Dinosaurs in the Capital it is painfully clear that centers as Kanter and Superman are the creatures of the past.
At least you want them to defend and block shots. Which Kanter is not. May be he will learn to hit a 3-ball... rolling eyes...
Great dude but bbal is a business not popularity contest...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ode to Enes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy