[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ode to Enes
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2018  3:25 PM
Major kudos to Fiz for going to Mitchell for the start in a big game. The kid will remember this for his career! I have no first or even second hand knowledge here that the future is the priority. The vets get their chance but the writing is on the wall that winning is ok but we are building here. No Jarret Jack to pump up some wins. The vets have a job here but Knox will be back soon and he'll have a chance to supplant Lance unless Mario sticks.
I doubt Mitchell starts all games going forward but Fiz is willing to take a risk here and give them a lot of time.
There was a big message last nite. Maybe to fans, to our yoot and maybe Durant as well.
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/27/2018  3:28 PM
Fiz mentioned the kids who are our future are gonna take the reigns a bit. Plus they play defense. I have no issue with Kanter being upset....thats normal. However he still did his job and led the second unti. I agree he is still gonna start while Mitch gain more experience
Nalod
USA
10/27/2018  3:31 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Fiz mentioned the kids who are our future are gonna take the reigns a bit. Plus they play defense. I have no issue with Kanter being upset....thats normal. However he still did his job and led the second unti. I agree he is still gonna start while Mitch gain more experience

Enes might very well land his next contract as a 10-12mm back up player on a deep team and I expect him to be professional no matter what our role for him is here. I like that he wants to be here but that depends on many things. The timeline on mitchell is still a bit hazy for anyone to see. Fiz knows what he is doing. He just does not know the timeline of results. Nobody does. Except for rainman1248.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/27/2018  3:32 PM
Yes. When most fans advocate for tanking, I don't think they're asking Fizbto willfully lose games. Personally, I just want Fiz to develop our younger players and put them in scenarios that they can learn from. Most of our starters, and I'm being generous when I say "most", aren't starters on legitimate playoff teams. We're going to lose whether they're starting or not. Mind as well see what we have to build on going forward.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  3:36 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Yes. When most fans advocate for tanking, I don't think they're asking Fizbto willfully lose games. Personally, I just want Fiz to develop our younger players and put them in scenarios that they can learn from. Most of our starters, and I'm being generous when I say "most", aren't starters on legitimate playoff teams. We're going to lose whether they're starting or not. Mind as well see what we have to build on going forward.
Honestly I think that starting lineup is gonna win games. They were going toe to toe with the Warriors who are the best. Despite being young there is a good mix of offense and defense that will give most teams a hard time
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/27/2018  3:44 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Yes. When most fans advocate for tanking, I don't think they're asking Fizbto willfully lose games. Personally, I just want Fiz to develop our younger players and put them in scenarios that they can learn from. Most of our starters, and I'm being generous when I say "most", aren't starters on legitimate playoff teams. We're going to lose whether they're starting or not. Mind as well see what we have to build on going forward.
Honestly I think that starting lineup is gonna win games. They were going toe to toe with the Warriors who are the best. Despite being young there is a good mix of offense and defense that will give most teams a hard time

They'll steal some games through effort and energy, but I still expect a lot of growing pains. This is what young players do. Also, Fiz is still a relatively young coach as well. He'll bdo some things that'll make you call him a genius. He'll also do some things, like having THJ guard Levert at the end of a close game, that will have you screaming at the television.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1

10/27/2018  3:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

They'll steal some games through effort and energy, but I still expect a lot of growing pains. This is what young players do. Also, Fiz is still a relatively young coach as well. He'll bdo some things that'll make you call him a genius. He'll also do some things, like having THJ guard Levert at the end of a close game, that will have you screaming at the television.
I agree. Not saying we will all of a sudden go on a winning streak but im all for it because they are our future and are competitive
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/27/2018  4:53 PM
Nalod wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Fiz mentioned the kids who are our future are gonna take the reigns a bit. Plus they play defense. I have no issue with Kanter being upset....thats normal. However he still did his job and led the second unti. I agree he is still gonna start while Mitch gain more experience

Enes might very well land his next contract as a 10-12mm back up player on a deep team and I expect him to be professional no matter what our role for him is here. I like that he wants to be here but that depends on many things. The timeline on mitchell is still a bit hazy for anyone to see. Fiz knows what he is doing. He just does not know the timeline of results. Nobody does. Except for rainman1248.

MLE is going to be $9M next year and I feel that's the top level of what Kanter will get.

For reference, Brook Lopez, former all star, is at $3.5M this year. Cap space and market will dictate. Some thought KOQ would get the MLE and had to settle for a 1 year $4.5M contract.

Not too many playoff teams that have cap space. And what deep team has cap space?

Kanter, for all of his rebounding rate and sneakiness around the hoop as an offensive player, isn't really a defender and is a black hole in the post who rarely passes out of it (and can be doubled easily for TO). PnR him to death. He is only now starting to shoot outside of right around the rim; realistically he only shoots out to 10 feet but this year is young.

What's the market for that type of player? There are a SLEW of big men that will be UFA next year and the cap space is slim pickings.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/27/2018  10:15 PM
Nalod wrote:Major kudos to Fiz for going to Mitchell for the start in a big game. The kid will remember this for his career! I have no first or even second hand knowledge here that the future is the priority.

Fizdale started him because he didn't have a choice. Knicks have some injuries and it's sapping what little depth they have.

It's baffling to me to see people keep clamoring to play rookies into the ground. It's a LONG LONG LONG season and these rookies have never played this kind of schedule/attrition before. They are also still physically developing, getting no ref calls and adjusting to the NBA level of competition and lifestyle.

Starting MRob might be interesting to some right now, but it runs the risk of driving these young recently drafted guys into the ground.

It's interesting how much credit Fizdale is getting for just being lucky enough not to get **** on all the time by Dolan/Melo/Phil Jackson.

Right place, right time, A LOT of life works out that way for "success" Bill Belichick would have taken TIM RATTAY and not Tom Brady in the 6th round, but the 49ers took Rattay first. That's it.

Interesting how often I'm hearing Fizdale is some kind of genius but back when Pringles was here, he could be nothing more than an idiot.

Nalod
USA
10/28/2018  12:42 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:Major kudos to Fiz for going to Mitchell for the start in a big game. The kid will remember this for his career! I have no first or even second hand knowledge here that the future is the priority.

Fizdale started him because he didn't have a choice. Knicks have some injuries and it's sapping what little depth they have.

It's baffling to me to see people keep clamoring to play rookies into the ground. It's a LONG LONG LONG season and these rookies have never played this kind of schedule/attrition before. They are also still physically developing, getting no ref calls and adjusting to the NBA level of competition and lifestyle.

Starting MRob might be interesting to some right now, but it runs the risk of driving these young recently drafted guys into the ground.

It's interesting how much credit Fizdale is getting for just being lucky enough not to get **** on all the time by Dolan/Melo/Phil Jackson.

Right place, right time, A LOT of life works out that way for "success" Bill Belichick would have taken TIM RATTAY and not Tom Brady in the 6th round, but the 49ers took Rattay first. That's it.

Interesting how often I'm hearing Fizdale is some kind of genius but back when Pringles was here, he could be nothing more than an idiot.

Fiz might have had a more opportune team to choose from but took on the knicks with a clean slate.
He will have the media crawl up his ass if the losses continue.
I’m not sure MRob is a permanent fixture to the starting line up. Both him and knox got ankles hurt and slowing them down. They won’t grind down because they won’t play full slate of games either.

wargames
Member: #6053

10/28/2018  9:08 AM
Honestly I wouldn't mind a trade for Kanter. His contract and level of play.... Knicks might be able to get a first round pick for him.

Only issue is they may have to take back a longer contract to waive.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2018  10:43 AM
wargames wrote:Honestly I wouldn't mind a trade for Kanter. His contract and level of play.... Knicks might be able to get a first round pick for him.

I did not realize Durant had so many connections to the Knick organization. The Knicks probably need to hold onto Kanter's expiring deal just in case.
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/10/27/warriors-organization-chill-as-rumors-of-kevin-durant-to-the-knicks-swirl/

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/28/2018  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2018  11:28 AM
Ode to Kanter playing not well enough against Fizdale's old team. Dont believe its a coincidence he was benched right after playing the Heat. Kanter regularly does to other quality bigs what Whiteside did to him. Not enough to bench Kanter this early in the season IMO.

On board with Fizdale frequently trying out new lineups, to a point.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/28/2018  11:32 AM
wargames wrote:Honestly I wouldn't mind a trade for Kanter. His contract and level of play.... Knicks might be able to get a first round pick for him.

A short review of the teams that'd be interested in an expiring Kanter (a team with ambitions of a deep playoff run) review very few options in terms of moving his contract for another expiring. And that includes combining smaller expiring contracts.

The only team that has expiring options to acquire a very big contract is Philly (Chandler, Bayless, McConnell), and I don't know another center would be their priority.

Would the Lakers want him (Pope)?

Shooting seems to be the thing most teams need.

I don't think Kanter is going anywhere, just because there isn't many places for him realistically to go.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/28/2018  11:40 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

A short review of the teams that'd be interested in an expiring Kanter (a team with ambitions of a deep playoff run) review very few options in terms of moving his contract for another expiring. And that includes combining smaller expiring contracts.

The only team that has expiring options to acquire a very big contract is Philly (Chandler, Bayless, McConnell), and I don't know another center would be their priority.

I don't think Kanter is going anywhere, just because there isn't many places for him realistically to go.

How about Sacramento, for WCS and fillers they are way under the salary cap so I don’t think the salaries need to match.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/28/2018  2:33 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

How about Sacramento, for WCS and fillers they are way under the salary cap so I don’t think the salaries need to match.

Would you give up WCS for Kanter? I wouldn't.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/28/2018  3:52 PM
ES
meloshouldgo

10/28/2018  6:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2018  6:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Is he going to un-retire? We should just hire him to coach Mitch and Knox.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2018  8:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Knicks had a big man coach last year that was easily identifiable and I'd guess they have one this year too.

I'm fairly certain if Wallace wanted to be a full time big man coach for a team he would be already.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo

10/28/2018  8:04 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Knicks had a big man coach last year that was easily identifiable and I'd guess they have one this year too.

I'm fairly certain if Wallace wanted to be a full time big man coach for a team he would be already.

A guy can hope

ode to Enes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy