[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what i would like to get next year to really enhance the team
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/5/2004  7:47 PM
we dont neccesarily need a 7-1 foot 285 pound player like jerome james--although he will be avialable--i think the way to build the team is with length that can move with athletiscm. players who are 6-10+ with long arsm who can jump and run. if we can add a chris taft with a josh boone or channing frye--2 guys really both to replace KT and Baker. thats the way i see us improving for the long run. paying a guy like jerome james 45mm over 6 years is scary. if we are going to build an athletic running team-you need frontcourt players who can move to. i view next years draft as very rich in what we need.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/5/2004  7:53 PM
Yea. I am not a big fan of Jerome James either. I didn't like Dampier that much either so I am glad we didnt sign him. Lets hope Isiah can work some good trades for us and fill the holes in the front line. I am excited about this season.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/5/2004  8:01 PM
To me it's not the guy's size as much as the ability. Jerome James STINKS. I wouldn't want him at the veterans' minimum. Same thing with the longer athletic guys. It's not just their body type - it's how good the individual is.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
9/5/2004  10:50 PM
i would'nt mind james, he would be very tradable if he did'nt work out. although i would'nt overpay for him, but 7'1 and about 280 and 27yrs old ain't bad.

now, i do agree w/BRIGGS about the length. many teams have won like that. w/out a traditional dominating center. mainly tall and/or athletic hustle players.

i've seen chaning frye play a couple of times, can anyone give me some 411 on taft? he's the high schooler right? i've heard he's pretty sick.
BRIGGS
9/5/2004  11:00 PM
taft is going to be a sophmore at PITT. the sky is the limit with this player. He has tremendous skill around the basket with great footwork --- he's extremely tough-- pitbull tough-a real hard worker with an excellent body that he is still growing into with wide shoulders and long powerful arms. He runs the floor like a dove and has the best post moves i have seen from a freshmen since duncan. he's 6-10 1/2 255 right now

also watch boone this year while he doesnt have the same offensive game as taft--he is going to get his due this year at uconn he reminds me a lot of sheed at NC sheed is a more talented offensive player but he has the same athletiscm length at around 6-10 6-11
RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
9/5/2004  11:06 PM
I am so glad that some of you are not the GM of this team, because if that was the case, the Knicks would be a team full of midgets just like during the Layden's tenure.
The true Knickabocker..........
daddynel
9/5/2004  11:34 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

taft is going to be a sophmore at PITT. the sky is the limit with this player. He has tremendous skill around the basket with great footwork --- he's extremely tough-- pitbull tough-a real hard worker with an excellent body that he is still growing into with wide shoulders and long powerful arms. He runs the floor like a dove and has the best post moves i have seen from a freshmen since duncan. he's 6-10 1/2 255 right now

also watch boone this year while he doesnt have the same offensive game as taft--he is going to get his due this year at uconn he reminds me a lot of sheed at NC sheed is a more talented offensive player but he has the same athletiscm length at around 6-10 6-11
thanks BRIGGS. i think i got him confused w/a high schooler i heard alot about before last years' draft. can't remember his name, but he's about 7'0 and moves as you said (like a dove)like the metaphore, and is supposed to be very agile. boone's ok, i like frye. he reminds me of tyson chandler for some reason.
nykfan4life
Member: #742
USA
9/6/2004  2:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

we dont neccesarily need a 7-1 foot 285 pound player like jerome james--although he will be avialable--i think the way to build the team is with length that can move with athletiscm. players who are 6-10+ with long arsm who can jump and run. if we can add a chris taft with a josh boone or channing frye--2 guys really both to replace KT and Baker. thats the way i see us improving for the long run. paying a guy like jerome james 45mm over 6 years is scary. if we are going to build an athletic running team-you need frontcourt players who can move to. i view next years draft as very rich in what we need.

Eddy Curry that's who we should go after next yr. Because he'll want to play next to Jamal Crawford his best friend while in Chicago.

Free Agents next yr: http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents.php

[Edited by - nykfan4life on 09/06/2004 14:28:31]http://http://

[Edited by - nykfan4life on 09/06/2004 14:40:42]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/6/2004  3:12 PM
Posted by nykfan4life:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Eddy Curry that's who we should go after next yr. Because he'll want to play next to Jamal Crawford his best friend while in Chicago.

Free Agents next yr: http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents.php

[Edited by - nykfan4life on 09/06/2004 14:28:31]http://http://

[Edited by - nykfan4life on 09/06/2004 14:40:42]
If Jamal has a good year, Chicago will realize how much we duped them. I don't know if they'll fall for that twice in a row. (I'm assuming we'd have to do a sign and trade because many teams will probably offer Curry more than the MLE unless this season is a disaster for him.)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/6/2004  3:54 PM
Jerome James has alot of skills but dude is lazy and hungry.....for food that is....it seems that he'd rather run to McDonalds than to a gym.

I would like to get him because he plays with toughness and he is a brick wall as far as strength. He's no stiff either.....I just can't take a lazy player.

KT for Jerome James would be something I would do.....Knicks need a second rounder or something though.....and maybe some McDonalds gift certificates to keep him interested.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/6/2004  4:10 PM
What happened to all the trade rumors about Elton Brand? Would there be any possible trade that would make Elton Brand Knick? He would really really really help.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BRIGGS
9/6/2004  8:25 PM
there is one very intriuging prospect from HS that actually has a pure C frame. 7-0 260 pound andrew bynum from St Joseph's in Jersey. He is a guy who could be default find his way into the draft because he will be one of justa few pure 5s that will be draft eligible. Im only assuming he may come out for the draft because its seems as if the top HS C prospects like a Robert swift Kendrick Perkins curry diop all get 1st round picks. this kid has the talent to warrant a first round pick. Kind of like a brendan Haywood type but he has much more offensive potential. That being said, id prefer a warrior like taft and a complimentary to taft like boone or frey. But thats the guy I will be looking at hard all year--it's to bad the words alredy out on him.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
9/7/2004  12:25 AM
Boone at Uconn is a intriguing player, although he is not as athletic as Sheed(IMO at least) he has a nose for the ball and is good around the basket, but will the knicks finish low enough to get these types of good young big men? I Don't think so..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
9/7/2004  2:38 AM
briggs, what about the guy from rutgers that got hurt last season. was he on anybody's summer league squad or is he still hurt? is he someone we can take a chance with or possibly the greatest NBDL player of all time, leon smith?
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/7/2004  2:44 AM
I wouldn't mind getting a player like a Jerome James. We have a reasonably athletic big man corps including TT, KT, VB, MS, NM. What we might be able to benefit from is adding some variety--- some true size and girth for change of pace matchups.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
9/7/2004  4:39 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

briggs, what about the guy from rutgers that got hurt last season. was he on anybody's summer league squad or is he still hurt? is he someone we can take a chance with or possibly the greatest NBDL player of all time, leon smith?

Herve Lamizana? The Knicks wanted to sign him for their SL team, but he declined. IIRC, he is going to play in Europe.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
9/7/2004  5:40 AM
Posted by daddynel:

I think i got him confused w/a high schooler i heard alot about before last years' draft. can't remember his name, but he's about 7'0 and moves as you said (like a dove)like the metaphore, and is supposed to be very agile.

You probably mean Greg Oden, he's a HSjr now.
daddynel
9/7/2004  10:35 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:
Posted by daddynel:

I think i got him confused w/a high schooler i heard alot about before last years' draft. can't remember his name, but he's about 7'0 and moves as you said (like a dove)like the metaphore, and is supposed to be very agile.

You probably mean Greg Oden, he's a HSjr now.
could be. can't remember his name for the life of me. i only remember seeing something about him on the tube before the draft last year, and i thought he was a sophomore in highschool. (note to all sensitive folk, about to be racial) 7'0 black kid that from what i saw, moved really well. unfortunately i only got to see him that one time.

another one i had my eye on was that 16yr old chinese kid that played in the olimpics. no, not the one who's jersey said ming on it. 7'0, has a decent shot for his age, already playing on the chinese national team, and moves like a.......well a 16yr old kid. seriously, he moves like a small forward. obviously these kids are a year or two away though.
what i would like to get next year to really enhance the team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy