[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Problem with how Kanter plays--also why we shouldve just let Carmelo walk with a buyout
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/29/2017  1:23 PM
Hes a good tough basketball player BUT
he simply jams up the middle and uses too much space.
NBA basketball is about spacing and EK camps in the lane. Hes a 90s type player--although he did have the mid range game at Utah and OKC which I have no clue where it went--the guy can shoot FTs so he could be a great mid range shooter if he rebooted.

I just read this article where James Dolan tried to call everyone else the idiot and of course himself the brains. The problem is he doesnt realize he IS the idiot. Thta his half arse attempt to circumvent rebuilding have failed on their ass for 20 years and it continues. Ultimately--we shouldve let Carmelo walk and focused on developing KP Willy and even Oquinn upfront. Making that move HURT us! We need the top 5 pick much more than 33 wins--he fcked tht up! NO Phil Jackson was RIGHT DOLAN wrong!!!

Jeff H needs to focus on the spacing issue with Kanter and get KPO more involved in post play--he makes the bucks--figure iot out.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/29/2017  2:32 PM
I felt bad about writing this. For about a day.
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=57714
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/29/2017  3:02 PM
What if we let Enes walk? Dougie Buckets is serviceable and we got that Bulls pick which is not half bad.
Or we trade Enes even if not for much. Whats the worst that happened? It set back Willy a bit but that's half on him too.
Nothing is fatal, and there is a long view. Its not for us to see but there is life beyond this season.
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/29/2017  3:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Hes a good tough basketball player BUT
NBA basketball is about spacing and EK camps in the lane. Hes a 90s type player--although he did have the mid range game at Utah and OKC which I have no clue where it went--the guy can shoot FTs so he could be a great mid range shooter if he rebooted.

I just read this article where James Dolan tried to call everyone else the idiot and of course himself the brains. The problem is he doesnt realize he IS the idiot. Thta his half arse attempt to circumvent rebuilding have failed on their ass for 20 years and it continues. Ultimately--we shouldve let Carmelo walk and focused on developing KP Willy and even Oquinn upfront. Making that move HURT us! We need the top 5 pick much more than 33 wins--he fcked tht up! NO Phil Jackson was RIGHT DOLAN wrong!!!

Jeff H needs to focus on the spacing issue with Kanter and get KPO more involved in post play--he makes the bucks--figure iot out.

Are you for real?! You were the one wanting us to get Kanter for years! You're the one who wanted to go all in earlier this season!

BRIGGS
12/29/2017  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2017  4:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Hes a good tough basketball player BUT

Are you for real?! You were the one wanting us to get Kanter for years! You're the one who wanted to go all in earlier this season!

Kanter is a good player--almost EVERYONE here said he stinks bt its not true. BUT if you watch--hes killing the spacing--did you watch how Gasol and LA played together? our guys dont do that. Kanter has the mid range game but both he and KP are poor passers. It all depends if you want to build around KP or not. Two of them together ah.

Oh yeah believe me Dolan didnt know if Kanter was good --that I know! He didnt even know who D Mcdermott was !!!

That whole piece was "fake News"! We know it!

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/29/2017  5:36 PM
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=50701&page=1
You called Enes a max contract player 2 years ago. What about his game has changed?
BRIGGS
12/29/2017  6:40 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=50701&page=1
You called Enes a max contract player 2 years ago. What about his game has changed?

There are too many variables to the answer. I would say Im concerned with his fit with KP more so than anything related to his actual play. Weve gone all in with KP--so we need to put the right fit around him. Kanter is certainly not bad but as of now not the right guy.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
12/29/2017  6:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2017  6:53 PM
If we used Kanter this way--where he sets up further out on the perimeter at times--and takes shots out to 3--that would be more appealing than the guy who simply wanst to either catch a miss or get it point blank. Rught now he is taking the space up. Like I said--if Hornaceck can change that--maybe the dynamics can change. If you notice here--Kanter id the 4 man--for us hes the 5.

RIP Crushalot😞
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

12/29/2017  6:56 PM
Yeah, one post player destroys spacing for the rest of the team. So let's get five three point shooters in the line up to improve "spacing." Then the complaint will be we don't have enough people to get high percentage buckets in the paint. The complaint changes after every game based on what we didn't do in that contest. I assume Allen Crabbe would've solved all of our problems. Briggs is like the typical weather person, great at telling us it rained today, shaky at telling us the forecast for tomorrow.

This team has issues, Kanter isn't one of them.

Problem with how Kanter plays--also why we shouldve just let Carmelo walk with a buyout

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy