[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The UK voice........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/28/2017  11:25 AM
In the dark wee hours of the night after a dysfunctional loss a man knows what his teams needs, the words come easy yet he has no voice.
Briggs types furiously at his keyboard shouting into virtual hallway that is the Ultimate Knicks. Only like minded fans can hear his voice. Some are dismissive, others are in awe.
"If I know whats wrong, why can't the team reconcile as I do?"
Over and over thru the years he asks this question. Post after post of players he recommends but few are implemented?
Why? Would a better owner do better?
"What If I owned team?" he mumbles in the darkness. His loins swell with the thought. Alone with hours to do what he wishes with. No employer to answer too, an adoring wife and kids sleep peacefully as he settles in to his chamber where he will pump up his subjects. Stocks perhaps, NBA prospects, and perhaps write a review of his favorite macaroni and cheese which is now "New and improved". "More cheesy flavor"! He is disgusted by the phrase.
Tonite the knicks lost an awful game on the road. They had a lead then could not score. He lives alone with his discontent and mumbles "They will never be better!!!"
"Tanking is the only way! We must draft a superstar!" Across the land there are hundreds of "Briggs" whose voice can be heard crying similar pleas. They have different names and have sworn to different colors but the cry is the same.
Lurking are the Anthony Bennetts and Kwame Brown's among the Lebrons and Tim Duncans. Its a dangerous game but when your a fan there is no accountability.
His knows only one way. His way.
The hindsight brilliance and short attention span is a remarkable recipe that has the patina of competence. He looks in the mirror and does not see his charade. Only the years are taking their toll and the anxiety that grips as he might pass this world without cheering his basketball team down the Canyon of Heroes.
The peaceful snow deadens the winter night. He is alone in his thoughts. He has a voice, he must be heard! Another thread to empty the synapse that races in my head? Will "Jake, at State Farm" be up at this hour for me to call?
He despairs again, willy is trapped, KP is a false god, and Frank is two years away from two years and that equals "NEVER"!!
"Briggs" he hears the faint wisper of his name softly spoken, "Write about that player you saw tonite, they will respect you!!!" He will do so. Perhaps hoping once again the voices will stop. A son from Brooklyn himself he is very aware of the David Berkowitz legacy and the voices that motivated "Son of Sam". He knows he is not that monster but wonders "Was Berkowitz a knick fan too?" Did it start with small commands? Then grew?
He fears his loyal Golden Retriever "Oak" will want him to start his own blog and attempt a bigger audience! Maybe not such a bad idea he thinks. Briggs reaches down to pet "Oak" but the dog moves giving Briggs a disapproving look as if to say "Touch me and see what happens!" Briggs does not recognize the manipulation that just occurred. "Oak" pulls away and Briggs must win him back by doing what he wants. "Oak" controls him and knows its a matter of time. Briggs looks at him and pleads "I'll write frequently what you want, but please don't ask me to hurt anyone!" Oak responds "Nalod and Fishmike mock you and you do nothing!". Briggs responds "Its just basketball". Oak retorts, "That's how it starts!! Now go buy me 200,000 shares of HAUP and obey me!!".
the Next morning HAUP, Still up 31% for the year is actually down 47% and picking up some is a good idea! Say what you want about a talking dog but the darn K9 is a hell of a stock trader! As for Nalod and Fishmike.....well, there will be another day. Perhaps taking the high road and not engaging them is the proper way. They are Democrats! Nalod's heart will give out in time and Fishmike has a daughter that will no doubt GOP gropers will worry him to death. Oak sleeps.
The day is early. The night will be long...........

(PS, all of this is satire. HAUP is a penny stock that is actually priced as mentioned at the time I wrote this. It is now down only 5%! Only 2,000 shares have traded this morning)

AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/28/2017  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2017  11:52 AM
Stalker alert!
TLDR
Get a hobby.
Nalod
USA
12/28/2017  12:01 PM
Panos wrote:Stalker alert!
TLDR
Get a hobby.

I can bang crap like this out in less than 10min.
"Stalker"?
Briggs has posted his name, pictures of himself, discussed any medical conditions he might have, his father passing, his grandfathers, his voting,
the stocks he buys, and the muscle car he bought over the 10 plus hears.
He is transparent and honest even If I don't agree with some of his stuff. When I do, I say so. Has listed where he lives, and its snows there and he posts late at night so one assumes his family is asleep. I think he is self employed so he need not answer to anyone.
All put there over time. I have no idea what kid of dog he has but seemingly retrievers are popular dogs. I doubt his dog talks and certainly Briggs does not hear voices in his head.
That's on Knicks1248!
I type fast.
Its fiction. Very few posters give up that much of their private side. Notice I didn't even use his real name (He gave that). He is also the dude that gave away a bunch of tickets years ago and took posters to a game!!!
Briggs is like most of us, we are a little full of ourselves and our ideas.
Feel free to satirize me if you wish.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/28/2017  12:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2017  12:15 PM
Panos wrote:Stalker alert!
TLDR
Get a hobby.

Yes Nalod--Im starting to think you have flipped your lid beyond your normal range. Take two deep breathes and step away from the keyboard! Im not Jamie Douglas (you have to be old to get that joke!) and my hair isnt blonde.

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/28/2017  12:15 PM
I kind of like what Briggs brings. It was boring here when he got banned. There ain’t no harm in banging an idea off the wall. You guys gotta remember it’s all in the name of fun. A lot of what we do is vent a lot of it is seeing the positives. So to Briggs I say keep the posts flowing. I don’t mind the occasional stock tips or whatever it is.

Nalod, I just don’t see the point in this post

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/28/2017  12:22 PM
If you don't like his posts, the site has an ignore feature. I use it on nixluva
Nalod
USA
12/28/2017  1:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2017  1:22 PM
Ok, I wrote the thread in response to:
Ballsy prescient management and ownership would sell

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303 12/28/2017 12:25 AM Reply with quote

I don't see it as a team that will get that much better as is but not bad enough to have a shot at a potential franchise player in the draft.
It's a veteran team( mostly) and we've stopped Willy G development.

We need to come to a decision to stop trying to be a fair team and accept bad until good/ great.

sat·ire
noun: satire
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature; More
irony, sarcasm
"he has become the subject of satire"
•a play, novel, film, or other work that uses satire.
plural noun: satires
"a stinging satire on American politics"
synonyms: parody, burlesque, caricature, reply to ultimate knicks, lampoon, skit; More
informalspoof, takeoff, sendup
"a satire on Canadian politics"
a genre of literature characterized by the use of satire.

As much as I might be out of my mind, I thought this post was over the top as it was briggs making a response that belonged in a game thread but instead an inflated ego makes it worthy of his own post. I am guilty as my response was written on that thread but thinking it was worthy of its own. Thus it seems like I am calling him out on its own. I was not. I was responding to a post written after midnight. The fact this was lost on most then was my bad. I banged it out, thought it was funny and meant no harm.
So in the context of that, my post grew into what I thought at the time was a bit of Satire and given its outlandish content would be taken it as such.
Of course Briggs is not son of same. Of course he is not crazy. He is no more impulsive than the rest of us. Write shyt, hit send.
I don't know if he even has a dog!! He might be a cat person.
Damn guys, how the hell do I know what Insurance company he uses? "Jake @ statefarm", anyone see those commercials?
Yes, we all write posts in the middle of the night.
Yes, we all write as much as Briggs.
Of course we do. How outrageous of me!!!
Ignore button? Can't ignore Briggs!!! Its sacrilege.
I suppose ignore button works on Nalod too?

Nalod
USA
1/7/2018  10:08 AM
“Oak wants IT”...........
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/7/2018  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2018  11:04 AM
Vmart wrote:I kind of like what Briggs brings. It was boring here when he got banned. There ain’t no harm in banging an idea off the wall. You guys gotta remember it’s all in the name of fun. A lot of what we do is vent a lot of it is seeing the positives. So to Briggs I say keep the posts flowing. I don’t mind the occasional stock tips or whatever it is.

Nalod, I just don’t see the point in this post

I agree with you. Briggs is sort of the face of the extreme reaction that gets us all thinking and debating. Sometimes it's frustrating to read the idea of switching gears so frequently but it keeps us engaged and the arguments interesting. I have always been one for small changes to build chemistry and continuity, so the opposite approach of constant major change keeps me engaged.

Nalod
USA
1/7/2018  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2018  12:50 PM
Nalod not advocating his ban or censure. If a hyperthinking man wants to not filter his thoughts thru his keystrokes then who are we to stop him as long as he is not offensive. At the same time I’m riding him on those posts.
How do you not like a guy who posts 15 year old pictures of him with his little girl to show off his biceps and picture with his wife as to describe his likeness to retired cowboy quarterback Troy Aikman.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/7/2018  12:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2018  12:20 PM
For the most part the posting on this site or other sites like this are talking to yourself.
So is poster ignored or not is irrelevant.
Brigges writes posts to himself and Nalod writes stories to himself.
So do other posters.
Then they read it back and fell important and relevant.
In fact it is just the dust in the wind.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
1/7/2018  12:57 PM
arkrud wrote:For the most part the posting on this site or other sites like this are talking to yourself.
So is poster ignored or not is irrelevant.
Brigges writes posts to himself and Nalod writes stories to himself.
So do other posters.
Then they read it back and fell important and relevant.
In fact it is just the dust in the wind.

No doubt. This post also elevated your self esteem. You are "They" too!
Dust in the wind......All we are is dust in the wind..........

Nalod
USA
1/11/2018  7:42 AM
“Oak”: Keep writing about IT and they will bow to your vision when it happens!
Briggs: The mock me for my redundancy!
“Oak”: Perhaps today they will, but in time you will be respected!
Briggs: You won’t aske me t hurt anyone?
“Oak”: You hardly leave the house dude! At least you got out and voted!
Briggs: Yeah but......
“Oak”: C’mon man, you are handsome, you look like Troy Aikman!
Briggs: Briggs like Troy, right ?
“Oak”: Imagine if Trump had a dog like me?
The UK voice........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy