Vecsey: Porzingis Skipped Exit Meeting Due To Feud With Hornacek
Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
8/30/2017  10:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2017  10:57 AM
i know its vecsey, but who knows?

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/29/kristaps-porzingis-reportedly-skipped-exit-meeting-after-being-profanely-emasculated-by-jeff-hornacek/

When Kristaps Porzingis skipped out on his exit interview after the 2016-17 season, it was reported he had a major issue with then-New York Knicks president Phil Jackson. But it wasn’t the now-departed Zen Master who was the problem. No, head coach Jeff Hornacek apparently was the main target of the Latvian star’s ire.

According to a report by Peter Vecsey, Hornacek rode Porzingis hard last season and their feud culminated in explosive fashion. Willy Hernangomez is Porzingis’ best friend on the team, and at one point, Hornacek reportedly cornered the Spanish big man and told him to tell Porzingis to “stop playing like a pu**y.” That led Porzingis to skip out on his exit interview and basically shut down any relationship with his head coach.

Vecsey does note that he’s heard Porzingis and Hornacek are back on speaking terms, either through text or through Hernangomez. We’ll see how long that lasts.

The rest of the details in the piece are fascinating. Apparently at one point, Porzingis developed a habit of parking in spots designated for management at the team’s practice facility. Additionally, while Hornacek was fairly brutal to the 22-year-old star, he never said anything to Carmelo Anthony.

It is a perfect illustration of just how screwed up the Knicks are. Their head coach went after the franchise’s young superstar instead of the aging anchor that is Carmelo Anthony. This is what owner James Dolan has brought to one of the NBA’s glamour franchises.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/30/2017  11:08 AM
Hornacek called it like he sees it. KP does play like a Pussy. Besides that KP even acted like one. I played sport when growing up and my coaches would let us know if we were playing weak they had no problem using cuss words. and I never took offense to it. The reason we play sports is to be challenged.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/30/2017  11:10 AM
nyk4ever wrote:i know its vecsey, but who knows?

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/29/kristaps-porzingis-reportedly-skipped-exit-meeting-after-being-profanely-emasculated-by-jeff-hornacek/

When Kristaps Porzingis skipped out on his exit interview after the 2016-17 season, it was reported he had a major issue with then-New York Knicks president Phil Jackson. But it wasn’t the now-departed Zen Master who was the problem. No, head coach Jeff Hornacek apparently was the main target of the Latvian star’s ire.

According to a report by Peter Vecsey, Hornacek rode Porzingis hard last season and their feud culminated in explosive fashion. Willy Hernangomez is Porzingis’ best friend on the team, and at one point, Hornacek reportedly cornered the Spanish big man and told him to tell Porzingis to “stop playing like a pu**y.” That led Porzingis to skip out on his exit interview and basically shut down any relationship with his head coach.

Vecsey does note that he’s heard Porzingis and Hornacek are back on speaking terms, either through text or through Hernangomez. We’ll see how long that lasts.

The rest of the details in the piece are fascinating. Apparently at one point, Porzingis developed a habit of parking in spots designated for management at the team’s practice facility. Additionally, while Hornacek was fairly brutal to the 22-year-old star, he never said anything to Carmelo Anthony.

It is a perfect illustration of just how screwed up the Knicks are. Their head coach went after the franchise’s young superstar instead of the aging anchor that is Carmelo Anthony. This is what owner James Dolan has brought to one of the NBA’s glamour franchises.

Their head coach went after the franchise’s young superstar instead of the aging anchor that is Carmelo Anthony.
Yes and no. It illustrates the challenge of having Melo here for the coaching staff. Jeff CANT go after Melo. He just cant. He does that and he loses the lockerroom and Melo. However KP is still young and "coachable" so I am sure that was the driving force behind this. Also lets be honest... KP had a stretch of very soft play probably deserved that. Now no excuses for Jeff... good coach should know what will push buttons to fire the guy up vs. having him tune you out and shut you down.

Overall I like it. I want a tough coach. Jeff was a tough player. He was a max effort guy who carved a hell of a career when many said he wasnt an NBA player. We just need to see him push the right buttons. Its clearly a make or break year for Jeff as well. He's got a short contract and I am pretty sure the Princeton gang will bring in Blatt if Jeff falters. Time will tell. I hope that Jeff succeeds here, but he's gotta make some things work better.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/30/2017  11:20 AM
Vmart wrote:Hornacek called it like he sees it. KP does play like a Pussy. Besides that KP even acted like one. I played sport when growing up and my coaches would let us know if we were playing weak they had no problem using cuss words. and I never took offense to it. The reason we play sports is to be challenged.

This isnt high school. And the only time Ive seen KP act remotely like a ***** was not calling out Hornacek for this alleged insult. If you don't mind being called a *****, maybe you are one.

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/30/2017  11:34 AM
cmon guys 2 threads on the same topic..lock this

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=57235

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/30/2017  11:40 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:Hornacek called it like he sees it. KP does play like a Pussy. Besides that KP even acted like one. I played sport when growing up and my coaches would let us know if we were playing weak they had no problem using cuss words. and I never took offense to it. The reason we play sports is to be challenged.

This isnt high school. And the only time Ive seen KP act remotely like a ***** was not calling out Hornacek for this alleged insult. If you don't mind being called a *****, maybe you are one.

let's remember who the messenger is.... I'm not about to argue about a article written by Peter Vescey

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/30/2017  11:47 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

well thats point... its supposed to piss the guy off enough he takes that out to the court. I think with young players you can push those buttons. 30+ guys with 10 years in the league... not so much.

KP had a month he didnt average 5 boards a game (I think Jan). He had a very soft stretch. Also there is no context. WE have no clue what the other 1000 conversations that did or didnt take place. Its a bit silly to dissect this stuff when we have like 2% of the picture. Maybe Jeff was right. Maybe KP was. Maybe neither were. This strikes me as stuff both coach/player can grow from. They have the same goals.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
8/30/2017  11:48 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

This isn't HS they are getting paid and jobs are on line. 7'3 and 7 rebounds. My coach called me ***** once and it made me mad it also lite a fire in me to give better effort. I guess people respond in different ways.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/30/2017  11:49 AM
HE told him to stop playing like a *****.
He did not call him a *****.
My wife might say: "your acting like an *******".
If she said: "Your an *******".....Thats a big difference.

If KP missed the meeting because of this? Oh my!!! our little unicorn a closet diva?? Parking where ever he wants? Oh my!!!
Phil's reaction to trade him is instinctive of his coaching background. As to how its being handled going forward? Does Jeff or any coach do somthing then never change? Of course they do. Does this need to be figured out? Of course.

cmon guys 2 threads on the same topic..lock this
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=57235

Lock her up!!!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/30/2017  12:11 PM
Dare I say....

Puss-zingis

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/30/2017  12:13 PM
He does need to stop playing like a *****. One day he needs to be our starting 5. That doesn't happen if he's constantly floating on the wing. Kinda of like how Melo would have been so much better if he was forced to play at PF
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

8/30/2017  12:37 PM
Is this true? I mean we have been told how KP had been handling NY with "Grace and maturity". 😂😂 And it was all the "dysfunction with the triangle and Phil bashing Melo" that made him do it. There's at least 1000 pages of unadulterated bull **** saying so.

All this time, it was about Jeff trying to coach him?? Awwwww poor precious Porzingis.

Parking cars on lots reserved for the management - that just reeks of maturity

And he wants to be an all star - who woulda thiunk it?

Before we know he will be telling the media about "sacrificing" his game for the Knicks.

It's all coming together. Add honey nut cheerios and mix.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
8/30/2017  12:40 PM
must be a leak from phil
GustavBahler

8/30/2017  1:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2017  1:25 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:He does need to stop playing like a *****. One day he needs to be our starting 5. That doesn't happen if he's constantly floating on the wing. Kinda of like how Melo would have been so much better if he was forced to play at PF

So the one word you would use to sum up KP's game is "Pussy" ? You guys are something else. He needs to work on his post game, doesn't make KP a *****. Didn't see KP back down from anyone who tried to get in his grill.

"Pussy" implies cowardice. I dont see KP being that type of player, but apparently you do. Wow.

GustavBahler

8/30/2017  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2017  1:31 PM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

This isn't HS they are getting paid and jobs are on line. 7'3 and 7 rebounds. My coach called me ***** once and it made me mad it also lite a fire in me to give better effort. I guess people respond in different ways.

At least your coach called you a ***** to your face, he didn't have your best friend relay the message.

Hornacek was never that type of player as a pro, not sure why he believes anyone is going to buy the tough guy act.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/30/2017  1:34 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:He does need to stop playing like a *****. One day he needs to be our starting 5. That doesn't happen if he's constantly floating on the wing. Kinda of like how Melo would have been so much better if he was forced to play at PF

So the one word you would use to sum up KP's game is "Pussy" ? You guys are something else. He needs to work on his post game, doesn't make KP a *****. Didn't see KP back down from anyone who tried to get in his grill.

"Pussy" implies cowardice. I dont see KP being that type of player, but apparently you do. Wow.

I have a hard time seeing Jeff saying these things. He comes off more as a strategist then a ra-ra in your face motivational type of guy.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler

8/30/2017  1:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I have a hard time seeing Jeff saying these things. He comes off more as a strategist then a ra-ra in your face motivational type of guy.

I do too. I know Jeff has the smarts. He draws up plays out of time outs better than we have seen in years. I see Rambis being more that in your face guy.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/30/2017  1:41 PM
Did he do it all season? Did he do it in a game KP was hurt?
Was it a certain play sequence?
GustavBahler

8/30/2017  1:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

let's remember who the messenger is.... I'm not about to argue about a article written by Peter Vescey

Fair Enough

GustavBahler

8/30/2017  1:53 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

well thats point... its supposed to piss the guy off enough he takes that out to the court. I think with young players you can push those buttons. 30+ guys with 10 years in the league... not so much.

KP had a month he didnt average 5 boards a game (I think Jan). He had a very soft stretch. Also there is no context. WE have no clue what the other 1000 conversations that did or didnt take place. Its a bit silly to dissect this stuff when we have like 2% of the picture. Maybe Jeff was right. Maybe KP was. Maybe neither were. This strikes me as stuff both coach/player can grow from. They have the same goals.

You're right about maybe being more to the story. If it is true, having his best friend tell KP that, instead of saying it to his face seemed like adding an insult, to another insult.

Its one thing to tell your team that collectively, but when you send his friend to allegedly tell him that....WTF?

Vecsey: Porzingis Skipped Exit Meeting Due To Feud With Hornacek

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy