[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/12/2017  12:56 PM
@meloshouldgo Unless we getting a top pick, I dont think there is a chance in hell at that happening anymore. He has been balling out of his mind as of recent and is likely a lock at top 5 provided he keeps his play up in the tourney.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/12/2017  2:54 PM
So, here's the updated list in lottery rivals schedules vs other lottery teams (I've left out the Lakers and Nets because we have no shot of catching them):

3) Suns 22-44
blazers x2, kings, magic, nets, mavs, kings

4) Sixers 23-42
lakers, Mavs, Magic, nets x2, Knicks

5) Magic 24-43
Kings, Suns, Sixers, Nets x 2

6) Kings 25-41
Magic, Suns x 2, Pelicans, Twolves, Mavs, Lakers

7) Knicks 26-40
Nets x2, Blazers, Sixers

8) Pelicans 26-40
Blazers x 2, Twolves, Mavs, Kings, lakers,

9) Twolves 27-38
Blazers x3, Pelicans, Lakers x3, Kings

10) Mavs 28-37
Suns, Sixers, nets, Pelicans, Nets, kings

11) Blazers 28-36
Pelicans x2, Knicks, Twolves x3, Lakers, Suns x2,

Mavs, blazers, Twolves, suns seem to be on an upward swing, pelicans, Kings, Magic and sixers are crashing and burning.

TPercy

3/12/2017  8:18 PM
smackeddog wrote:So, here's the updated list in lottery rivals schedules vs other lottery teams (I've left out the Lakers and Nets because we have no shot of catching them):

3) Suns 22-44

4) Sixers 23-42

5) Magic 24-43

6) Kings 25-41

7) Knicks 26-40
Nets x2, Blazers, Sixers

8) Pelicans 26-40

9) Twolves 27-38

10) Mavs 28-37

11) Blazers 28-36

Mavs, blazers, Twolves, suns seem to be on an upward swing, pelicans, Kings, Magic and sixers are crashing and burning.

I think if Pelicans can win these upcoming games, they can get some momentum and get way ahead of us, plus Kings have some easy ass games coming up, they are bound to win at least 2(hopefully). We just need to go full out tank and lose every single game.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

3/12/2017  8:19 PM
Also, BUlls have been losing their games as of recet, which helps us get a better 2nd round pick
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/12/2017  8:54 PM
TPercy wrote:Also, BUlls have been losing their games as of recet, which helps us get a better 2nd round pick

I was wondering about that. Thx for pointing that out.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/13/2017  12:10 AM
smackeddog wrote:So, here's the updated list in lottery rivals schedules vs other lottery teams (I've left out the Lakers and Nets because we have no shot of catching them):

3) Suns 22-44

4) Sixers 23-42

5) Magic 24-43

6) Kings 25-41

7) Knicks 26-40
Nets x2, Blazers, Sixers

8) Pelicans 26-40

9) Twolves 27-38

10) Mavs 28-37

11) Blazers 28-36

We lost, Bulls lost (improved 2nd round pick), Sixers won and unfortunately the Suns lost. All-in-all, it was a decent night toward helping our draft seedings.

reub
Member: #6227

3/13/2017  12:19 AM
TPercy wrote:Also, BUlls have been losing their games as of recet, which helps us get a better 2nd round pick

This draft is so deep that the first half of the 2nd round is equal to a first round pick in a normal year. Let's put the hex on the Bulls.

smackeddog
3/13/2017  4:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2017  4:33 AM
TPercy wrote:

3) Suns 22-44

4) Sixers 23-42

5) Magic 24-43

6) Kings 25-41

7) Knicks 26-40
Nets x2, Blazers, Sixers

8) Pelicans 26-40

9) Twolves 27-38

10) Mavs 28-37

11) Blazers 28-36

I think if Pelicans can win these upcoming games, they can get some momentum and get way ahead of us, plus Kings have some easy ass games coming up, they are bound to win at least 2(hopefully). We just need to go full out tank and lose every single game.

The good part is that the Kings have 2 games vs the suns coming up, so those two teams have to put on wins- even if the Kings tank both of them, suddenly the suns are on 24 wins, and still have to play the magic and nets. Also the magic and sixers play each other, and also both play the Nets twice. Those nets games are crucial to our standings

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/13/2017  10:14 AM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

3) Suns 22-44

4) Sixers 23-42

5) Magic 24-43

6) Kings 25-41

7) Knicks 26-40
Nets x2, Blazers, Sixers

8) Pelicans 26-40

9) Twolves 27-38

10) Mavs 28-37

11) Blazers 28-36

The good part is that the Kings have 2 games vs the suns coming up, so those two teams have to put on wins- even if the Kings tank both of them, suddenly the suns are on 24 wins, and still have to play the magic and nets. Also the magic and sixers play each other, and also both play the Nets twice. Those nets games are crucial to our standings

Tank super bowl game tonight as Orlando plays at Sacramento. No matter who loses, we win!

¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/13/2017  11:20 AM
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

3) Suns 22-44

4) Sixers 23-42

5) Magic 24-43

6) Kings 25-41

7) Knicks 26-40
Nets x2, Blazers, Sixers

8) Pelicans 26-40

9) Twolves 27-38

10) Mavs 28-37

11) Blazers 28-36

Tank super bowl game tonight as Orlando plays at Sacramento. No matter who loses, we win!

I think Kings needs to lose this one... Magic have quite a few winnable games on the sched pasted above.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
3/13/2017  11:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2017  11:53 AM
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

3) Suns 22-44

4) Sixers 23-42

5) Magic 24-43

6) Kings 25-41

7) Knicks 26-40
Nets x2, Blazers, Sixers

8) Pelicans 26-40

9) Twolves 27-38

10) Mavs 28-37

11) Blazers 28-36

ha, don't say that- last time we had a lottery vs lottery team (I think Twolves vs blazers back when we were tied with them), the game got postponed! The only way we could lose!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/13/2017  4:11 PM
How i see the top prospects right now as far as upside and downside. Just trying to figure out the gambles and sure things here.

Fultz- Upside: Lillard-level scoring PG, downside: maybe a better D Russell? Very little downside.
Ball- Upside: Poor man's prime J Kidd, downside: better shooting Rubio.
Jackson- Upside: Paul George, downside: Maybe a later career Shawn Marion, but likely closer to P George.
Tatum- Upside: Prime Danny Granger, downside: younger L Deng.
Smith- Upside: Kyle Lowry, downside: modern-day D Rose
Monk- Upside: Bradley Beal/McCollum: downside Eric Gordon
Fox- Upside: Poor man's Wall, downside: Rubio
Isaac- Upside: Rashard Lewis, downside: Anthony Randolph (biggest bust potential)
Ntilikina: Upside: Better Jrue Holiday, downside, maybe Mudiay?
Markkannen: Upside: Better Ryan Anderson, downside: Ryan Anderson (not much downside)
Bridges: Upside: Prime Larry Johnson, downside: Jae Crowder

crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  4:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:How i see the top prospects right now as far as upside and downside. Just trying to figure out the gambles and sure things here.

Fultz- Upside: Lillard-level scoring PG, downside: maybe a better D Russell? Very little downside.
Jackson- Upside: Paul George, downside: Maybe a later career Shawn Marion, but likely closer to P George.
Isaac- Upside: Rashard Lewis, downside: Anthony Randolph (biggest bust potential)
Markkannen: Upside: Better Ryan Anderson, downside: Ryan Anderson (not much downside)

That seems pretty fair.

I'm a little amused that so many guys here who want to get rid of Melo to rebuild seem to be on the Tatum train. Isn't Tatum very similar to Melo? He isos, he holds the ball with his little jab step moves... very similar to Melo... except he probably won't be as good...

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
3/13/2017  4:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Knixkik wrote:How i see the top prospects right now as far as upside and downside. Just trying to figure out the gambles and sure things here.

That seems pretty fair.

I'm a little amused that so many guys here who want to get rid of Melo to rebuild seem to be on the Tatum train. Isn't Tatum very similar to Melo? He isos, he holds the ball with his little jab step moves... very similar to Melo... except he probably won't be as good...

Part of the reason for wanting rid of melo is his age and that he has become stubborn and refuses to be coached. I would hope that Tatum would be more shapeable.

smackeddog
3/13/2017  4:33 PM

Do you know, I had forgotten Danny Granger ever existed- I can't remember how good he was, or much about him at all to be honest!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/13/2017  4:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Do you know, I had forgotten Danny Granger ever existed- I can't remember how good he was, or much about him at all to be honest!

For 3 or 4 years he was really good. It's easy to forget. Tatum reminds me of him a lot.
smackeddog
3/13/2017  4:45 PM
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

For 3 or 4 years he was really good. It's easy to forget. Tatum reminds me of him a lot.

Just watched some highlights to refresh my memory- I really see the comparison

callmened
Member: #4234

3/13/2017  5:42 PM
yeah one of the recruiting expert guys compared tatum to granger. but i think tatum is more explosive than granger ever was
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  5:49 PM
Lonzo Ball's dad seems insufferable.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/13/2017  5:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That seems pretty fair.

Part of the reason for wanting rid of melo is his age and that he has become stubborn and refuses to be coached. I would hope that Tatum would be more shapeable.

I've watched Tatum many times and he's more UNSELFISH than Melo. I think he can fit into a team concept better. Yes he is adept at ISO but no one ever said a player should not have that skill. Tatum mixes it up well from what I've seen. He does have similar skills to Melo. I just think he's a better fit.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy