Game thread: Knicks make Memphis sing the orange and blues
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/28/2016  1:58 AM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:I predict a much better effort and execution from the Knicks and dare I say win. They have some practices, some good game tape to look at and they should be motivated.

I'm hoping the last game hurt the pride of this self proclaimed super team

it may yet be a super team.. who knows. I don't get too caught up in what dumb jocks or dk says. I am happy Rose is excited about the guys on his team. No problem with that. Its simply very early and good teams with good talent and management make adjustments and rise to the top. Will the Knicks be one of them? Time will tell.. but I do think we learn something early from this Memphis game.

Nope--way to slow and not athletic enough. Our balance on defsne is poor and it will take time to forge chemistry--if we can. We win games 38-44 wins--nothing super duper

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/28/2016  1:59 AM
Gudris wrote:I think KP will rise and shine in Garden, he get energy from fans, we win in close game

KP is the ticket. They have to find a way to make him the #1. Hes still hanging out to far from the basket.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/28/2016  6:28 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:I think KP will rise and shine in Garden, he get energy from fans, we win in close game

KP is the ticket. They have to find a way to make him the #1. Hes still hanging out to far from the basket.

Guys that are #1 make themselves the #1... KP doesn't have that in him yet.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

10/28/2016  7:03 AM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Just off 1 game so it's not enough of a sample, but I think he has #1 talent/skill already but until he fixes his foul trouble and defenisve awareness issues he will not be able to stay aggressive. The fouls on the other end really hurt his effectiveness on offense and how he boards. When he is out of foul trouble he plays more loose, more aggressive and crashes the boards.

To me the key is we need to keep him out of foul trouble or get him to understand how to play when picking up 1-2 fouls. You can't keep fouling. Have to play a little softer when you have a few fouls.

EnySpree

10/28/2016  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2016  9:05 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Just off 1 game so it's not enough of a sample, but I think he has #1 talent/skill already but until he fixes his foul trouble and defenisve awareness issues he will not be able to stay aggressive. The fouls on the other end really hurt his effectiveness on offense and how he boards. When he is out of foul trouble he plays more loose, more aggressive and crashes the boards.

To me the key is we need to keep him out of foul trouble or get him to understand how to play when picking up 1-2 fouls. You can't keep fouling. Have to play a little softer when you have a few fouls.

You can't make the argument and lace it with excuses. I think the defense is a team issue. As far as playing softer? My God that should never be said ever in your basketball life. Smarter yes. Melo was always a #1... you can't tell Melo he's not the man at 20 years old or 33. KP has to learn to be the man. The kid still hasn't shown the ability to take his man. He's all just playing within the flow of everything. He absolutely the talent but he's got to get that attitude. I believe he'll make those strides as the season develops.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

10/28/2016  10:18 AM
Kemet wrote:Will the new head coach Horn show up for this Memphis Game .. Or will the same coach Horn show up again with his incompetent substitution and no defense coaching

With 81 games to go this is what you want to know? Dude you are gonna be on dialysis before the new year at that pace lol

EnySpree

10/28/2016  10:20 AM
Anyway this is a game thread you rat bastards!

How about we talk about the match ups?

EnySpree

10/28/2016  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2016  10:29 AM
Jamychal Green, James Ennis, Andrew Harrison surrounding Marc Gasol and Mike Conley. That's 3 hungry defensive minded and athletic young guys... around 2 big vets. Zach and Vince off the bench.

You would think the Knicks will be able to get to the rim at will. Melo and KP should get the best of their match up. Problem is Memphis competed well against Minnesota and could not stop their top players from scoring around 20 each... but still won

This will be a game of intangibles. The Knicks have to get this 3 point defense thing together. They should be able to beat Memphis at home

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2016  10:54 AM
EnySpree wrote:Jamychal Green, James Ennis, Andrew Harrison surrounding Marc Gasol and Mike Conley. That's 3 hungry defensive minded and athletic young guys... around 2 big vets. Zach and Vince off the bench.

You would think the Knicks will be able to get to the rim at will. Melo and KP should get the best of their match up. Problem is Memphis competed well against Minnesota and could not stop their top players from scoring around 20 each... but still won

This will be a game of intangibles. The Knicks have to get this 3 point defense thing together. They should be able to beat Memphis at home

I am really looking forward to it. Should be an interesting matchup. They are in transition in some ways, status quo in others. They buzz like bees while Gasol clogs the middle.

I would be quick sub Noah out for Kuz or Sasha and move Melo to the 4 and KP to the 5 and try to pull Gasol away from the paint. Will be really interesting. Looking forward.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/28/2016  12:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:

excellent, i agree

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/28/2016  3:39 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

excellent, i agree

That was AWESOME!!!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/28/2016  4:57 PM
I predict another loss and mass existential panic from Knicks fans.

I still think this team can be good, but it may take a while.

Deep breaths, everyone.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/28/2016  8:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:I predict another loss and mass existential panic from Knicks fans.

I still think this team can be good, but it may take a while.

Deep breaths, everyone.

I think we will be fine. 45 wins and will make the playoffs. its gonna probably take another year but I'm happy with the direction we are going
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/28/2016  9:27 PM
I think they'll 45-47 as well, but that's not good enough around here. You have to say the Knicks match up with nearly every team in the NBA especially a team that just won the title. Otherwise you're a fake fan.....lol.
StarksEwing1

10/28/2016  9:58 PM
knickscity wrote:I think they'll 45-47 as well, but that's not good enough around here. You have to say the Knicks match up with nearly every team in the NBA especially a team that just won the title. Otherwise you're a fake fan.....lol.
crazy but true
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2016  10:09 PM
knickscity wrote:I think they'll 45-47 as well, but that's not good enough around here. You have to say the Knicks match up with nearly every team in the NBA especially a team that just won the title. Otherwise you're a fake fan.....lol.
I don't know of anyone that has predicted over 48 wins. I think there is hope for more but I disagree that it isn't good enough around here. I think it gets testy when some say the Knicks aren't trying to win now after going out and getting Noah, Rose, Lee and Jennings while already having KP and Melo. Winning now might be making the playoffs or the second round of the playoffs. I think Phil wants KP to experience the playoffs and he realizes that he has a star in Melo that is aging and needs to be on a competitive team. As a fan I think you have to be realistic but also hope that the Knick team comes together and peaks at the playoffs like '99.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/29/2016  5:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
I don't know of anyone that has predicted over 48 wins. I think there is hope for more but I disagree that it isn't good enough around here. I think it gets testy when some say the Knicks aren't trying to win now after going out and getting Noah, Rose, Lee and Jennings while already having KP and Melo. Winning now might be making the playoffs or the second round of the playoffs. I think Phil wants KP to experience the playoffs and he realizes that he has a star in Melo that is aging and needs to be on a competitive team. As a fan I think you have to be realistic but also hope that the Knick team comes together and peaks at the playoffs like '99.

There were several in this thread....http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=55214 But anyway, I actually think very few think the Knicks wont make the playoffs. You are right, folks need to be realistic, which many are not, especially if you're hoping for something quite unlikely like a similar repeat of'99.
StarksEwing1

10/29/2016  9:15 AM
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

There were several in this thread....http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=55214 But anyway, I actually think very few think the Knicks wont make the playoffs. You are right, folks need to be realistic, which many are not, especially if you're hoping for something quite unlikely like a similar repeat of'99.
Agreed. The bottom line is that we are all knick fans. Whether you are very optimistic or realistic we should respect eachothers opinions. LETS GO KNICKS!!!!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/29/2016  10:11 AM
With Memphis trying to emphasize the three ball this season, this will be a good test for our defense. We need to do a decent job of closing out.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/29/2016  11:19 AM
They've had plenty of time to go over tape, will be interesting to see what adjustments are made, from the coaches to the players. We saw in the first half of the opening that the Knicks can hang with good teams, its about how long they can stay mentally tough IMO, keep it together.
Game thread: Knicks make Memphis sing the orange and blues

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy