[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Make your predictions.
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

10/20/2016  10:47 AM
So lets make our predictions on who we think will be playing in the championship (i can probably answer this question for everyone)and who will win the championship, who will be playing in the WCF and ECF, the top 8 in the west and east, the final record of our Knicks and pick one sleeper team in the east and west and lets not go with the obvious and go with a real sleeper that nobody expected to be good.

Champions--GSW
Championship game--GSW vs Cavs (shocker)
WCF game--GSW vs Spurs (Shocker)
ECF game--Cavs vs Celtics (damn it i hate picking the Celtics)

Eastern playoffs
(1)Cavs
(2)Celtics
(3)Raptors
(4)Knicks
(5)Pacers
(6)Hornets
(7)Pistons
(8)Wizards
Heat, Hawks, Bulls left out

Western playoffs
(1)GSW
(2)Spurs
(3)Rockets
(4)Clippers
(5)Thunder
(6)Blazers
(7)T-Wolves
(8)Jazz

Knicks final record:55-27

Western sleeper team--Utah Jazz....the easy pick is the T-Wolves but the Jazz are a better sleeper cause everyone has the T-Wolves on their radar

Eastern sleeper team--Orlando Magic....i don't have them in the playoffs but i like a lot of the moves they made in the off season and like the F.Vogel hiring.

AUTOADVERT
Malcolm
Member: #6131

10/20/2016  3:49 PM
You know . . . if you look at a team in isolation, you say to
yourself: "This could be a good team".

But then there can only be so many good teams.

Knicks are like that.

You say to yourself: "How can they NOT win just 9 more games (?)"

But you can also say that about enough other teams that it makes
it impossible for Knicks to do it.

So I don't know what makes the difference . . .

JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

10/20/2016  4:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2016  4:16 PM
55 wins, then you account for the Knicks factor and some boos from the crowd after the all star break.

So, 44 wins.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/20/2016  4:33 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:So lets make our predictions on who we think will be playing in the championship (i can probably answer this question for everyone)and who will win the championship, who will be playing in the WCF and ECF, the top 8 in the west and east, the final record of our Knicks and pick one sleeper team in the east and west and lets not go with the obvious and go with a real sleeper that nobody expected to be good.

Champions--GSW

Eastern playoffs
(1)Cavs
(2)Celtics
(3)Raptors
(4)Knicks
(5)Pacers
(6)Hornets
(7)Pistons
(8)Wizards

Western playoffs
(1)GSW
(2)Spurs
(3)Rockets
(4)Clippers
(5)Thunder
(6)Blazers
(7)T-Wolves
(8)Jazz

Western sleeper team--Utah Jazz....the easy pick is the T-Wolves but the Jazz are a better sleeper cause everyone has the T-Wolves on their radar

Eastern sleeper team--Orlando Magic....i don't have them in the playoffs but i like a lot of the moves they made in the off season and like the F.Vogel hiring.

fifty-five wins?!? have you watched the team play? the projected starting five have not played a single game together.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/20/2016  4:41 PM
Division winner is still guaranteed a top 4 seed, aren't they? Would put the Hornets at 4, bump the Knicks to 5.

I'll go with 45 wins for our Knickerbockers. Last year would put them at the 7th or 8th seed.
I don't care much about seeding, a winning season and playoffs would feel so good at this point...

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/20/2016  4:46 PM
dk7th wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:So lets make our predictions on who we think will be playing in the championship (i can probably answer this question for everyone)and who will win the championship, who will be playing in the WCF and ECF, the top 8 in the west and east, the final record of our Knicks and pick one sleeper team in the east and west and lets not go with the obvious and go with a real sleeper that nobody expected to be good.

Champions--GSW

Eastern playoffs
(1)Cavs
(2)Celtics
(3)Raptors
(4)Knicks
(5)Pacers
(6)Hornets
(7)Pistons
(8)Wizards

Western playoffs
(1)GSW
(2)Spurs
(3)Rockets
(4)Clippers
(5)Thunder
(6)Blazers
(7)T-Wolves
(8)Jazz

fifty-five wins?!? have you watched the team play? the projected starting five have not played a single game together.

What is the correlation between starting 5s playing together in preseason and total wins during the season? Many starting fives of championship teams don't play together for the first time until after the trade deadline. Turn that frown upside down DK7th. Just because you assume everyone is a rapist doesn't say anything about your character.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
USA
10/20/2016  5:02 PM
I'll bite... lot of thinking though...

Champions--Cavs.
Championship game--GSW vs Cavs.
WCF game--GSW vs Clippers
ECF game--Cavs vs Pacers

Eastern playoffs
(1)Cavs
(2)Pacers (I really like their squad, can't logically put the Knicks higher than them.)
(3) Knicks
(4) Bulls
(5) Raptors
(6) Wizards
(7)Celtics (I think all of their posturing to make a superstar trade will be a distraction and I do not think that their youths really have enough value to swing a real deal.)
(8)Nets

Western playoffs
(1)GSW
(2)T-Wolves (Watch out now. Once they make the switch from Rubio to Dunn (Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns)... I don't know of a better built young core 4. With Thibodeau in charge, they will be dangerous.
(3)Rockets
(4)Clippers
(5)Spurs
(6)Blazers
(7)Thunder
(8)Lakers

Knicks final record:48-34. I don't think we have the bench to win close games.

Western sleeper team-- Lakers. Walton will turn Russell into most improved player candidate.

Eastern sleeper team-- Nets. This one I pulled completely out of my rear end. Like picking a 16 bubble seed to upset the #1. But, I think Kenny Atkinson will do a good job with that team. I would expect them to trade Bropez this season. He doesn't seem to jive with that culture much anymore, in my opinion. Seems like they are forcing it with him. They don't have much left to trade, but I think they are ripe to overachieve. The Hawks loss in Atkinson will be their gain.

This is the Randle.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/20/2016  5:39 PM
1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Pacers
4. Raptors
5. Knicks
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Pistons

52 Wins. Conference Finals.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingsGlass
USA
10/20/2016  5:45 PM
For some perspective -- this is 538's choices.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nba-predictions/?addata=espn:frontpage

Clearly they and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum on the Lakers and Nets. Maybe I just thought "which teams are the worst" when I picked my sleepers.

This is the Randle.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2016  6:02 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:For some perspective -- this is 538's choices.

Clearly they and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum on the Lakers and Nets. Maybe I just thought "which teams are the worst" when I picked my sleepers.

They have the Bulls winning 10 more games than the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/20/2016  6:22 PM

Champions--GSW

Eastern playoffs
(1)Cavs
(2)Celtics
(3)Raptors
(4)Knicks
(5)Pacers
(6)Hornets
(7)Pistons
(8)Wizards

Western playoffs
(1)GSW
(2)Spurs
(3)Rockets
(4)Clippers
(5)Thunder
(6)Blazers
(7)T-Wolves
(8)Jazz

like your optimism but 55 wins seems more like a dream scenrio. 45 wins seems more plausible
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/20/2016  6:49 PM
Knicks will win 48 games and will make the playoffs. We have too much talent not to make the playoffs. Even if rose and Noah get hurt, we should still win 48 games.
Trust the Process
Malcolm
Member: #6131

10/20/2016  7:25 PM
Malcolm wrote:You know . . . if you look at a team in isolation, you say to
yourself: "This could be a good team".

But then there can only be so many good teams.

Knicks are like that.

You say to yourself: "How can they NOT win just 9 more games (?)"

But you can also say that about enough other teams that it makes
it impossible for Knicks to do it.

So I don't know what makes the difference . . .

No one commenting on this brilliant post of mine (?)

Repeat: 11 or 12 teams in each conference look sort of good when you
just look at their roster.

But only Cleveland, Golden State, and San Antonio are locks.

Any of the other 21 COULD be playoff teams.

I'd hate to bet against any of them . . .

nychamp
Member: #2556

10/20/2016  7:48 PM
Staying with my original prediction from the thread way back in the summer after all the signings. Knicks win between 40-45 games. Most likely compete for playoff spot 6-8, could miss postseason with 41 wins if East is very strong again. If things come together nicely, team has good luck (with injuries, etc.), pieces fit together (which I think they should), east is weaker, they could win between 47-52 and be a 3-4 seed. Lose in conference finals. Absolute best case scenario.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/20/2016  7:50 PM
nychamp wrote:Staying with my original prediction from the thread way back in the summer after all the signings. Knicks win between 40-45 games. Most likely compete for playoff spot 6-8, could miss postseason with 41 wins if East is very strong again. If things come together nicely, team has good luck (with injuries, etc.), pieces fit together (which I think they should), east is weaker, they could win between 47-52 and be a 3-4 seed. Lose in conference finals. Absolute best case scenario.
I think you are spot on. The only way I see over 50 wins if literally EVRYTHING goes right which means no injuries and many players have bigtime years. I predicted 42-45 which is probably where we end up.
EwingsGlass
USA
10/20/2016  7:53 PM
nychamp wrote:Staying with my original prediction from the thread way back in the summer after all the signings. Knicks win between 40-45 games. Most likely compete for playoff spot 6-8, could miss postseason with 41 wins if East is very strong again. If things come together nicely, team has good luck (with injuries, etc.), pieces fit together (which I think they should), east is weaker, they could win between 47-52 and be a 3-4 seed. Lose in conference finals. Absolute best case scenario.

I tend to agree. I think the East will be weak. I think anyone predicting big things from Rondo/Wade/Butler is in trouble. Knicks gelling and staying healthy is the biggest question mark in the East.

This is the Randle.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/20/2016  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2016  10:37 PM
Rose is the X-factor. Without him I think this team can win 42-45 games and maybe a 7th seed. If Rose plays really well and can stay healthy? I think we could see anywhere from 48-54 wins and second round or even ECF.

Noah is super important and also can't get injured.

They just showed a clip of MSG asking what Noah's expectations for the season were and he looked very serious and then sort of smiled and said "My expectations? They're high." I love that dude. Already one of my favorite Knicks.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/21/2016  12:13 AM
1 Atlanta
2 Raptors
3 Cleveland
4 Boston
5 Pacers
6 Knicks
7 Detroit
8 Miami

1. GSW
2 Houston
3 Grizzlies
4 Spurs
5 T Wolves
6 Blazers
7 Clippers
8 Phoenix

Atlanta Clev----Clev
GSW--Houston---GSW

Clev

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever

10/21/2016  11:03 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:I'll bite... lot of thinking though...

Champions--Cavs.
Championship game--GSW vs Cavs.
WCF game--GSW vs Clippers
ECF game--Cavs vs Pacers

Eastern playoffs
(1)Cavs
(2)Pacers (I really like their squad, can't logically put the Knicks higher than them.)
(3) Knicks
(4) Bulls
(5) Raptors
(6) Wizards
(7)Celtics (I think all of their posturing to make a superstar trade will be a distraction and I do not think that their youths really have enough value to swing a real deal.)
(8)Nets

Western playoffs
(1)GSW
(2)T-Wolves (Watch out now. Once they make the switch from Rubio to Dunn (Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns)... I don't know of a better built young core 4. With Thibodeau in charge, they will be dangerous.
(3)Rockets
(4)Clippers
(5)Spurs
(6)Blazers
(7)Thunder
(8)Lakers

Knicks final record:48-34. I don't think we have the bench to win close games.

Western sleeper team-- Lakers. Walton will turn Russell into most improved player candidate.

Eastern sleeper team-- Nets. This one I pulled completely out of my rear end. Like picking a 16 bubble seed to upset the #1. But, I think Kenny Atkinson will do a good job with that team. I would expect them to trade Bropez this season. He doesn't seem to jive with that culture much anymore, in my opinion. Seems like they are forcing it with him. They don't have much left to trade, but I think they are ripe to overachieve. The Hawks loss in Atkinson will be their gain.

Wow, i really like how you took some chances and the Nets as a sleeper....i hope not and no way in hellz do they get in the playoffs. I also love what the Pacers did in the off season and think they put a really nice squad together but i'm a bigger fan of Brad Stevens and how he's got these guys playing especially on defense and think A.Horford is gonna be a big piece for them....i hate them sooooo much though. I really like that Lakers team and think they have some really good young talent and D.Russell was really starting to come on in the end of the season last year but no to the playoffs for them.

newyorker4ever

10/21/2016  11:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:For some perspective -- this is 538's choices.

They have the Bulls winning 10 more games than the Knicks.

The Bulls ended up putting a pretty damn good team together when everyone thought they were just throwing in the towel after the DRose trade and Noah leaving. I love J.Butler and think they'll be good but keep a eye on their chemistry as the season goes on with Rondo.

Make your predictions.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy