[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wes Johnson
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/23/2015  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2015  1:54 PM
This 28 yr old wing is an freakish athlete who plays solid defense. After a disappointing stint in Minnesota, he settled in with the lakers as a role player. He had a "career" yr (9.9ppg) last yr only because he got so many touches on a bad team without Kobe.

STRENGTHS
- freakish athlete; explosive dunker
- underrated 3pt shooter (35%)
- excels in transition

WEAKNESSES
- cant create off the dribble
- streaky shooter
- low IQ

Overall
- could excel in triangle (as a role player) with cutting
- provides defense and spacing with 3s
- could be a cheap pickup since hes not a star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtLd_pRpUsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEoz_3r64Q8http://

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/23/2015  4:20 PM
Wes Johnson is OK, but we have younger, cheaper guy in Cleanthony who can do the same things.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
callmened

5/23/2015  4:56 PM
i dont think early can jump and defend and shoot like wes...at least not yet
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

5/23/2015  5:40 PM
callmened wrote:i dont think early can jump and defend and shoot like wes...at least not yet

Early is no where near the level of Matthews (pre-injury) who was a hard nosed 2 way defender of both guard and wing who could also knock down the three at a +40% clip.

The problem is we don't know how Matthews will play post Achilles tear. He could be a shell of his former self. I'm a fan of his Id like it if we could get him at a discount. It's def a gamble but hey you don't win without taking some gambles. Getting Matthews at even 70% of what he was for a couple mil a year would be a bargain and a half.

VCoug
Member: #1406

5/23/2015  5:53 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
callmened wrote:i dont think early can jump and defend and shoot like wes...at least not yet

Early is no where near the level of Matthews (pre-injury) who was a hard nosed 2 way defender of both guard and wing who could also knock down the three at a +40% clip.

The problem is we don't know how Matthews will play post Achilles tear. He could be a shell of his former self. I'm a fan of his Id like it if we could get him at a discount. It's def a gamble but hey you don't win without taking some gambles. Getting Matthews at even 70% of what he was for a couple mil a year would be a bargain and a half.

Sorry dude, you've got the wrong Wes. This is about Wesley Johnson.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
H1AND1
Member: #5648

5/23/2015  6:34 PM
VCoug wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Sorry dude, you've got the wrong Wes. This is about Wesley Johnson.

Oh wow lol. Total brain fart. Sorry!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/23/2015  6:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2015  6:45 PM

Just the same, i'd rather wait until summer league and see the progress made by early, Thanasis and who ever else we draft before bringing in someone like Wes Johnson.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
callmened

5/23/2015  7:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Just the same, i'd rather wait until summer league and see the progress made by early, Thanasis and who ever else we draft before bringing in someone like Wes Johnson.

ok fair point. i just think wes johnson is established now.

TPercy
Member: #5748

5/23/2015  10:08 PM
Why are we going after low IQ players?
The Future is Bright!
callmened

5/24/2015  11:58 AM
TPercy wrote:Why are we going after low IQ players?

slim pickings...im just throwing out suggestions

Wes Johnson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy