[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If the Knicks ain't gonna play defense they need to bring in some people who can shoot the rock!
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/10/2013  4:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  4:31 PM
The Knicks when fully healthy (Sheed- Camby) will play defense and that's what creates offense with fast breaks and creating turnovers. I think Woodson is playing Possum until his front line vets become available.

He knows he's limited in the front court, Sheed and Camby won't play scared in a game like today.

We lack veteran leadership that stand for something and those two guys will help will this team to play defense.

Woodson has to cut down his rotation starting with guys like Novack who's afraid to play against good competition with the garden crowd.

Until our bigs get back we will struggle against good teams. Early on today our team played timid, everybody can't handle playing in front of the stars who come out in NY. We play better on the road now, less pressure from fans.

I will judge how we play when our Bigs comebacK and Melo goes back to SF AND Kidd goes to the bench where he belongs.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/10/2013  4:33 PM
playa2 wrote:The Knicks when fully healthy (Sheed- Camby) will play defense and that's what creates offense with fast breaks and creating turnovers. I think Woodson is playing Possum until his front line vets become available.

He knows he's limited in the front court, Sheed and Camby won't play scared in a game like today.

We lack veteran leadership that stand for something and those two guys will help will this team to play defense.

Woodson has to cut down his rotation starting with guys like Novack who's afraid to play against good competition with the garden crowd.

Until our bigs get back we will struggle against good teams. Early on today our team played timid, everybody can't handle playing in front of the stars who come out in NY. We play better on the road now, less pressure from fans.

I will judge how we play when our Bigs comebacK and Melo goes back to SF AND Kidd goes to the bench where he belongs.

Exactly. Agree with everyone point. The small starting lineup is a major issue and the reason we are down double digits in every 1st & 3rd quarter

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  4:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  4:39 PM
Knicks #3 in offensive efficiency

Knicks #15 in defensive efficiency

Defense is a major problem
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/10/2013  4:41 PM
People have to remember the knicks protected the basket when our bigs were playing, well the others bigs can't do it alone, we have to do it collectively.

Those who whine now, really don't understand what the makeup of the knicks really are.

We have to play together with everyone somewhat healthy, we need every position healthy to insert who ever we need when certain guys aren't stepping up. That alone creates a positive competition.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

2/10/2013  4:42 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Knicks #3 in offensive efficiency

There defensive consistency is the problem. There are some scheme issues to that should have been corrected and the stubbornness to add another big while Camby and Wallace has been out.

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  4:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  4:49 PM
Knicks don't get stops period. whether its Philly & Washington or the Clippers. The constant switching is maddening. Open 3's off screens every possession

and then to top it off our guys watch the ball instead of boxing out and rebounding

3G4G
Member: #4333

2/10/2013  4:49 PM
You mean go back to D'AnToni's philosophy of trying to outscore the opponent?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/10/2013  5:18 PM
Not enough two way players on the Knicks. I think today you saw that Jamal Crawford is 10x better than Jr Smith. I personally think that adding Dudley would help the Knicks he makes Novack expendable and you saw that Novack isn't very good at anything except for an occasional open three. He has no ability to create his own shot and teams don't fear any aspect of his game other that a three which can be taken away by keeping a player near his vicinity.

Smith is to much of a hit or miss player to rely on. Felton's defense is horrid is there any pg out there that he can somewhat contain? Shumpert is recovering from injury and I have said this before any injury that he suffered from take at least 2 years to fully recover from.

To rely on the old guys is tough they are on the downside. You can't expect consistency from them at this stage. Knicks need to make a move for a SG that is capable of scoring and playing the defensive side. I don't know if there is anyone ut there who can fill that need. Consistency on both ends is what is needed.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/10/2013  5:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The team defense is the problem, they can play really good and they can play really bad, all in one game..

Our back court is getting torch cause our rotations are just switch..

Melo plays well scores a bunch of points, but he kills ball movement

Amare coming off the bench is a absolute joke at this point

Kidd starting despite getting roasted by any guard with speed, is a even a bigger joke

Playing Novak and not running one single screen

Playing kidd 30 minutes despite is negative imapct the last 5 games

playing priggss almost no minutes despite is positives.

WTF is going on with woodson these days??

why doesn't he sit melo when he plays poorly defensively MR. Accountabilty

Papabear Says

If they sat Melo we would have lost by 40

Papabear
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/10/2013  5:53 PM
Papabear wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The team defense is the problem, they can play really good and they can play really bad, all in one game..

Kidd starting despite getting roasted by any guard with speed, is a even a bigger joke

Papabear Says

Didn't understand sitting Melo to begin 4th. Woody gift wrapped a victory for Clips. Melo had a hot 3rd you would have tought Woody would ride the hot streak out.

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  5:55 PM
Vmart wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Didn't understand sitting Melo to begin 4th. Woody gift wrapped a victory for Clips. Melo had a hot 3rd you would have tought Woody would ride the hot streak out.

And playing Melo 40+ vs garbage teams in blowouts

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/10/2013  5:59 PM

The team is dependent (as far as contending goes) on a healthy Camby returning.
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  6:00 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

The team is dependent (as far as contending goes) on a healthy Camby returning.

Thats a scary thought. I think Sheed is more dependable and he was retired for 2yrs

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  6:06 PM
Offense struggled this game minus Melo but if you go back to the Sixers, Wizards, Hawks and Wolves games we scored every possesion but failed to make stops on the other end. This team likes to trade buckets. Its been going on well before shump and amare's return
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/10/2013  6:55 PM
playa2 wrote:The Knicks when fully healthy (Sheed- Camby) will play defense and that's what creates offense with fast breaks and creating turnovers. I think Woodson is playing Possum until his front line vets become available.

I don't see how we could be lacking veteran leadership when everyone except Shumpert, Copeland, and James White has at least 6 years experience. I don't understand how Tyson, NBA champion, DPOY, 11 years experience; Kidd, NBA champion, multiple Finals appearances, 18 years experience; Amare, multiple WCF appearances, 10 years experience; and Melo, playoffs every years in the league and 9 years experience, isn't enough. One of the arguments against bringing back Lin and bringing in Felton was that Lin wasn't ready and Felton's experience would be valuable to us.

No, the problems we have now are the same problems we've had the last couple of years. We play poor defense, both post and perimeter, our offense is overly reliant on 3-pointers, and our rotations don't make sense from game to game.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  7:27 PM
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
About 15 minutes after the Knicks announced they will not practice on Monday, Mike Woodson bemoaned the lack of practice time. Alright then

Probably joking but I wouldn't be surprised

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  8:23 PM
guess its true first Isola now Berman. Knicks getting early start on VACA...

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Woodson again cited lack of practice time for some team ills. Then he cancels tomorrow's practice. Also may not practice Monday after break.

3G4G
Member: #4333

2/10/2013  8:28 PM
gunsnewing wrote:guess its true first Isola now Berman. Knicks getting early start on VACA...

Woodson again cited lack of practice time for some team ills. Then he cancels tomorrow's practice. Also may not practice Monday after break.

This mentally tough contending team needs some coddling and fatherly love, that's all.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/10/2013  8:50 PM
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:guess its true first Isola now Berman. Knicks getting early start on VACA...

This mentally tough contending team needs some coddling and fatherly love, that's all.

+1

Reaaaally starting to lose confidence in Woodson...

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/10/2013  9:16 PM
we just cant guard the PnR, other then that were decent, unfortunately the scouting report has been shared through out the league and teams run that 70% of the game against us
ES
If the Knicks ain't gonna play defense they need to bring in some people who can shoot the rock!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy