[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If the Knicks ain't gonna play defense they need to bring in some people who can shoot the rock!
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/10/2013  3:33 PM
Papabear Says

Lets face it! The Knicks are not a defensive team and that will not change. The problem is we have players who you can't depend on to shoot the ball or can't their own shot. The knicks is not a great ball shooting team and worst at defense. We can't depend on Melo to bail us out. I remember us calling Crawford (Crawfull) well guess what? he kicked our butts today by just shooting the rock. Forget defense we must play a little defense but get some shooters in here as fast as we can. Now don't get me wrong because with this team we can go to the second round and in order for us to go farther then that our three ball must be falling like rain and that won't happen. We lack defense and with the team we have we will not play defense so I suggest we get some shooters in here and a big strong center who can shoot. I love Chandler but I'd rather have Dwight Howard. We need to make some changes.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/10/2013  3:40 PM
The Knicks need to get a good player a player that is going to be consistent On a nightly basis to go with Melo and plays the perimeter. The Knicks don't have that with any player.
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
2/10/2013  3:42 PM
Knicks problem is simple. The only 2 way player we have is Melo. Chandler provides limited offense. Amare provides limited defense and average offense.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

2/10/2013  3:43 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Knicks problem is simple. The only 2 way player we have is Melo. Chandler provides limited offense. Amare provides limited defense and average offense.

That basically translates to: I'd rather have Denver's squad right now

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/10/2013  3:44 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Knicks problem is simple. The only 2 way player we have is Melo. Chandler provides limited offense. Amare provides limited defense and average offense.

Chandler is the best thing since slice bread give me someone with a blah blah blah of crap with a usage of terrible D any day of the week.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
2/10/2013  3:46 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Uh no. I dont want Denver's squad.

Knicks just need to balance out the roster.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
IronWillGiroud

2/10/2013  3:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  3:47 PM
AnubisADL wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Yea but if you had the choice right now, which squad would you choose? Remember you're in a vacuum

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
yellowboy90

2/10/2013  3:48 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Yea but if you had the choice right now, which squad would you choose? Remember you're in a vacuum

knicks

IronWillGiroud

2/10/2013  3:52 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

knicks

Remember though, you're in a vacuum

yellowboy90

2/10/2013  3:54 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

knicks

In a hyperbaric chamber too. Do you want me to give the answer you want or mine? lol.

IronWillGiroud

2/10/2013  3:55 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

knicks

In a hyperbaric chamber too. Do you want me to give the answer you want or mine? lol.

Lol,

Denver New York Finals, who wins and how many games?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/10/2013  3:59 PM
Vmart wrote:The Knicks need to get a good player a player that is going to be consistent On a nightly basis to go with Melo and plays the perimeter. The Knicks don't have that with any player.

They have plenty of scorers. The problem is they don't defend and have to play from behind every game leading to a Melo 1 on 5 offense while everyone else stands around and can't hit shots when called upon.

Get back to November/early December defense, get leads and then move the ball. We did this during the 5 game winning streak. Defensive slipped again after Washington

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/10/2013  4:04 PM
The team defense is the problem, they can play really good and they can play really bad, all in one game..

Our back court is getting torch cause our rotations are just switch..

Melo plays well scores a bunch of points, but he kills ball movement

Amare coming off the bench is a absolute joke at this point

Kidd starting despite getting roasted by any guard with speed, is a even a bigger joke

Playing Novak and not running one single screen

Playing kidd 30 minutes despite is negative imapct the last 5 games

playing priggss almost no minutes despite is positives.

WTF is going on with woodson these days??

why doesn't he sit melo when he plays poorly defensively MR. Accountabilty

ES
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/10/2013  4:04 PM
The knicks need a consistent second scoring threat behind Melo. They are not going to win anything with Amare and JR as their 2nd and third scoring options.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  4:10 PM
Another scoring option won't matter if we continue running iso's. We don't have the flexibility to add a legitimate scorer like a Rudy Gay. Amare/Melo/Tyson make up $54mil of our salary cap. Cap is $58mil

Would love to swap JR for Reddick but salaries don't match

Papabear
Member: #1414

2/10/2013  4:18 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Another scoring option won't matter if we continue running iso's. We don't have the flexibility to add a legitimate scorer like a Rudy Gay. Amare/Melo/Tyson make up $54mil of our salary cap. Cap is $58mil

Would love to swap JR for Reddick but salaries don't match

Papabear Says

Time is running out! What can we do? What can we Do? Give me some answers!!! What wrong with the Great Minds of the UK!! What's the solution that is doable?? answers please!!!

Papabear
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  4:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  4:24 PM
Small starting lineup stinks. Just start Amare and play Kurt until Sheed returns. Being down double digits every game in the 1st quarter is killer.

Or trade for a PF/C who's not 40yrs old

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/10/2013  4:23 PM
I heard there's an SF available who makes 40% of his 3s
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  4:24 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I heard there's an SF available who makes 40% of his 3s

Doesn't solve defense and rebounding issues

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/10/2013  4:25 PM
Of course, he doesn't solve every problem. You need Lebron or Durant for that.
If the Knicks ain't gonna play defense they need to bring in some people who can shoot the rock!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy