[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks vs. Indiana Pacers. 12:00 (Sunday).
Author Thread
Gymkata
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3169

11/18/2012  2:31 PM
Uptown wrote:
Gymkata wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Melo has been the same - with just fewer assists this year

Really? I don't see this at all. He's been noticeably more tenacious on defense and my biggest gripe with his offensive game--the contested 18-footers--has been minimized in favor of taking it to the rack. The guy is doing lunch-pail work on both ends, in my opinion.

Love his relentless attack on the rim this year. Whether he misses or not, it puts so much pressure on the defense.

That's the other big difference. Before this, his shooting inefficiency could be traced to those pull up mid-range jumpers. Now, it seems those missed shots are coming at the rim or from blocks. That doesn't sound great, sure, but it keeps him in the middle of the play and gives him a chance for put-backs, where he's one of the best in the league. No shot charts to back this up--just my feel after watching the first 8 games.

"I can not say all the secrets."
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/18/2012  2:32 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
Uptown wrote:Melo shouldn't have shot that 3 as the shot clock wound down. He should have just sat on it until the shot clock expired so that he doesn't mess up his Ts%, fg% and Bs%.....

must we troll during a blowout?

Absolutely, haters should be held accountable for there hate.

Whose hating.....Nothing but love on this side

holfresh
Member: #1081

11/18/2012  2:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2012  2:34 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Hotfresh,

I can't stand JR either but he has really impressed me this season too.

Try to be open minded and bendable/less rigid in your opinions.

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Melo has been the same - with just fewer assists this year

Chandler - pretty awful - just ok today

JR - outstanding (compared to my expectation)

Novak? I still think/hope he will find the touch - scary to say but his defense has actually looked better.

Rigid??...Me???...I love Brewer and Sheed....I love Kidd's play but hate the dude, he is a Net...I love everyone...I'm not the one who is rigid..

well ... you have a hard time with any criticism of Felton, Tyson and to a lesser extent, Melo.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You remember this argument? That Billups sucks and Felton is far better?

ha...I hate Tyson....We were discussing Felton with regards to Amare and the pick and roll...I was saying Felton ran it better than Billups and Billup was horrible at shot selection but u some how loved it...Don't talk TS to me..I have no respect for that stuff

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

11/18/2012  2:34 PM
Gymkata wrote:

Really? I don't see this at all. He's been noticeably more tenacious on defense and my biggest gripe with his offensive game--the contested 18-footers--has been minimized in favor of taking it to the rack. The guy is doing lunch-pail work on both ends, in my opinion.

I am just comparing him to how he played under Woody last year.

His assists numbers are down this year but he has more hockey assists.

I still would love to see him move the ball even more and minimize those low pct shots.

Without Melo this year, we would probably look more like Denver. AWFUL

mrKnickShot

11/18/2012  2:37 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Novak? I still think/hope he will find the touch - scary to say but his defense has actually looked better.

Rigid??...Me???...I love Brewer and Sheed....I love Kidd's play but hate the dude, he is a Net...I love everyone...I'm not the one who is rigid..

well ... you have a hard time with any criticism of Felton, Tyson and to a lesser extent, Melo.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

ha...I hate Tyson....We were discussing Felton with regards to Amare and the pick and roll...I was saying Felton ran it better than Billups and Billup was horrible at shot selection but u some how loved it...Don't talk TS to me..I have no respect for that stuff

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

holfresh

11/18/2012  2:39 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Bad hands, dumb fouls and people here trying to say he is a leader..How did u miss that..I always kill him...

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/18/2012  2:40 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Bad hands, dumb fouls and people here trying to say he is a leader..How did u miss that..I always kill him...

dumb fouls yes. bad hands i don't get. he's pretty good at catching lobs and finishing even when they're lobs for layups vs dunks.

think he carried our defense last season and changed the culture even under Pringles.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
holfresh

11/18/2012  2:41 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

but where did u get me being rigid from???

NUPE
Member: #4205

11/18/2012  2:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2012  2:42 PM
Tyson's impact on games does not always show up in stat sheets. He played good defense today. His stats are down this year but so are his minutes. Also, the Knicks reduced pace will lead to reduced blocks and rebounds for Chandler. I think he has missed a lot of layups this year but otherwise I think he has been fine. Also, today, I don't think he missed more than one layup or dunk which is solid.
holfresh

11/18/2012  2:43 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

dumb fouls yes. bad hands i don't get. he's pretty good at catching lobs and finishing even when they're lobs for layups vs dunks.

think he carried our defense last season and changed the culture even under Pringles.

he has some of the worse hands in the NBA...And no he doesn't always catch lobs...But he did carry us defensively last year...I'm waiting for him to pick it up this year..

mrKnickShot

11/18/2012  2:44 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Wow! I really did miss it.

I think he is way overrated. I thought I was all alone.

Terrible at setting his (phantom) picks
Terrible at boxing out
Aside from dunking, he is just in the way

If Camby and/or Wallace can give us solid defense than they are both better options out there (more Wallace IMHO)

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
11/18/2012  2:48 PM
hibbert...max player...

it's early, but sheesh...

lost his game when he lost his best friend (collison)...according to hahn...sort of...haha...wallyworld went crazy on him for saying that...

anyway, novak needs to get back into gear...

a win is a win..

mid-day game after a road trip?

often one we snooze on...

7-1 baby!

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/18/2012  2:49 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

If Camby and/or Wallace can give us solid defense than they are both better options out there (more Wallace IMHO)

Man y'all are going hard and for what?

mrKnickShot

11/18/2012  2:51 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

Man y'all are going hard and for what?

honest fans just watch games and state what they see.

ain't nothing wrong with that

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/18/2012  2:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2012  2:55 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
Gymkata wrote:

I am just comparing him to how he played under Woody last year.

His assists numbers are down this year but he has more hockey assists.

I still would love to see him move the ball even more and minimize those low pct shots.

Without Melo this year, we would probably look more like Denver. AWFUL

I understand fans have different grinding stones they put players to, but they still support the players or are changing their minds about said player. Which is why I don't take offense to the post where we disagree on a player or the "shots" you take at times.

But there many trolls that use those valid observations to get them going in on there hate filled tangents. I think that is why everyone is so eager to argue and are super defensive these days.

I think Felton has been playing very good and he is a good point guard.
Melo is playing great, 20-24 shots a game is what he is played for. Some are going to be bad, most will be good. He's a bad shot maker, but he has been missing the majority of his shots at the rim, so I expect that to change as the season goes on.

Knicks are a very good team.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/18/2012  2:54 PM
Can we please stop saying Tyson has bad hands!!! Kwame Brown has bad hands, not Tyson. No one that catches as many lobs as Tyson does has bad hands. Perhaps he doesn't like rocket passes straight at his face or low bounce passes, but you have to remember that he's 7'1" and it's much harder for his long arms to adjust to balls coming at his body. Put the ball out away from his body a little, so he can extend his arms and he has a much better chance to catch it.

Tyson may not be playing his best ball, but he's absolutely key to the success of this team. I'm just glad we have more big bodies so that he can get rest. Having Sheed and Camby is GREAT!!!

holfresh

11/18/2012  2:55 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=41067

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/18/2012  2:57 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

No flip flopping here.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/18/2012  3:11 PM
Run coaches run. Low TOs under 13 again.
mrKnickShot

11/18/2012  3:11 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

I see.

I thought I remembered an argument where I was saying that it was not worth bringing in Tyson and the price of losing the amnesty that we should have saved for Amare and you said that I was nuts.

Game Thread: New York Knicks vs. Indiana Pacers. 12:00 (Sunday).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy