[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chandler and Lin...
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/21/2012  6:00 PM

The honeymoon is over..

Chandler has to stop making bonehead plays on the court that parks himself on the bench at the beginning if second quarters...How many times is this guy going to have 3 fouls at the start of the second quarter...I know he has already been anointed the leader around here but he has been making mental errors on the court..And what's up the the technicals and the extra macho shet he has going on...This guy is good defensively and sets the tone..We need him on the court and not on the bench...Enough with the stupid fouls and techs...Just play smart basketball...

Lin is a defensive liability...Lin is being torched out there nightly by the opposing capable guards...DWill is DWill but don't let his back up take you in the lane two times with easy jumpers over the top...Lin bring a lot to the table on the offensive end...He sets the table for this team but he has to play better defense if the team is going to win consistently ...He has the quickness and good hands...He has to step up defensively....I think Lin may need to bulk up a little more in the offseason...

Both of these guys are the tone setters for this team now...They have to play better and smarter...The coach has to weigh in on this...He has the pieces now..No excuses...
AUTOADVERT
JCrusher
Member: #3685

2/21/2012  6:14 PM
holfresh wrote:
The honeymoon is over..

Chandler has to stop making bonehead plays on the court that parks himself on the bench at the beginning if second quarters...How many times is this guy going to have 3 fouls at the start of the second quarter...I know he has already been anointed the leader around here but he has been making mental errors on the court..And what's up the the technicals and the extra macho shet he has going on...This guy is good defensively and sets the tone..We need him on the court and not on the bench...Enough with the stupid fouls and techs...Just play smart basketball...

Lin is a defensive liability...Lin is being torched out there nightly by the opposing capable guards...DWill is DWill but don't let his back up take you in the lane two times with easy jumpers over the top...Lin bring a lot to the table on the offensive end...He sets the table for this team but he has to play better defense if the team is going to win consistently ...He has the quickness and good hands...He has to step up defensively....I think Lin may need to bulk up a little more in the offseason...

Both of these guys are the tone setters for this team now...They have to play better and smarter...The coach has to weigh in on this...He has the pieces now..No excuses...
Well you are talking about the two guys who basically saved our season. Sure lin didn't play good d last night but it happens but these two did what amare and melo couldn't do which is win
holfresh

2/21/2012  6:18 PM
Knicks hasn't won anything yet unless I missed something ..Maybe we should put them in the Knicks hall of fame then..
nehemiah
Member: #3928

2/21/2012  6:26 PM
holfresh wrote:Knicks hasn't won anything yet unless I missed something ..Maybe we should put them in the Knicks hall of fame then..

Nobody's won anything yet this season. Are you intentionally ignoring their much improved play their last ten games? Way to utilize the straw man argument by bringing the hall of fame remark -- anyone can read the posts above to know he didn't imply any such thing.

Me? I like the technicals. Or more accurately, I'm more than happy to accept technicals for the intensity Tyson brings. He seems to hate losing and will not hesitate to risk injury to try to make a play. If a side effect of that is a occasional (not frequent) technical, so be it.

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/21/2012  6:29 PM
holfresh wrote:
The honeymoon is over..

Agree on Chandler but to call Lin a defensive liability is a bit much. Kid has 9 steals in the last 2 games and is hitting the boards.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/21/2012  6:30 PM
Chandler and Lin have been the biggest bright spots, not sure why complain about their play. They brought Knicks basketball back. Chandler is not a perfect player, but what he does well, he does really well. Lin is basically a rookie, so any mistakes he makes will have to be tolerated. We thought Stat and Melo would bring Knicks basketball back, when it has actually been these two. What a big surprise.
holfresh

2/21/2012  6:38 PM
nehemiah wrote:
holfresh wrote:Knicks hasn't won anything yet unless I missed something ..Maybe we should put them in the Knicks hall of fame then..

Nobody's won anything yet this season. Are you intentionally ignoring their much improved play their last ten games? Way to utilize the straw man argument by bringing the hall of fame remark -- anyone can read the posts above to know he didn't imply any such thing.

Me? I like the technicals. Or more accurately, I'm more than happy to accept technicals for the intensity Tyson brings. He seems to hate losing and will not hesitate to risk injury to try to make a play. If a side effect of that is a occasional (not frequent) technical, so be it.

Of course we were going to play better when a PG was inserted..How many times have I posted myself saying to be patient until BD gets going..Lin stepped in and we are playing better ball...The coach's offense is designed for a PG and Amare is non effective without one...

As for Chandler, he has to play smarter..You may think it a good thing but it's hurting the team...He is usually on the bench sitting out the 2nd quarter..Maybe u think that's good for the overall toughness of the team..He gets to 13 techs and he will start missing games..Lets see how that works out later in the season when we are vying for playoff position..

Syniko
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3969

2/21/2012  6:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2012  6:41 PM
Tyson does need to turn it down a notch and focus on the game and focus on winning. All the extracurricular activity on the court needs to be ignored. I often see him over there on the bench when he should be in the game. Other than that, Tyson should continue to stay in beast mode. We need him. We can't afford to lose him to silly fouls like what happened between him and Humphries. He draw the foul and should have walked away instead, he continue after Humphries and earned himself a T.
JCrusher

2/21/2012  6:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2012  6:41 PM
Knicks "haven't" won anything. I know you are a bigtime Melo fan which is cool but if you are a knick fan you would realize how big tyson and lin have been to us and how they saved our season. i never said anything about the hall of fame but they are not the problem.
holfresh

2/21/2012  6:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2012  6:50 PM
JCrusher wrote:
Knicks "haven't" won anything. I know you are a bigtime Melo fan which is cool but if you are a knick fan you would realize how big tyson and lin have been to us and how they saved our season. i never said anything about the hall of fame but they are not the problem.

U may see it as me being a big time Melo fan but let me tell u this...Knicks can't compete with Miami and the Bulls without Melo being on and agressive..U could think we have arrived but this team has a long way to go..It's amazing to me that guys calls themselves fans and want to trade the only players that can get u over the top..I could be wrong , maybe we havn't arrived beating the Raptors of the world minus the best player..

Syniko
Member: #3969

2/21/2012  6:51 PM
Lose one game and panic mode sets in. Win one game and suddenly we're title contender. Where are all these fans coming from? they're jumping to conclusion before the final buzzer goes off.
JCrusher

2/21/2012  6:52 PM
holfresh wrote:
JCrusher wrote:

U may see it as me being a big time Melo fan but let me tell u this...Knicks can't compete with Miami and the Bulls without Melo being on and agressive..U could think we have arrived but this team has a long way to go..It's amazing to me that guys calls themselves fans and want to trade the only players that can get u over the top..I could be wrong , maybe we have arrived beating the Raptors of the world minus the best player..

I never said we dont need melo. i think if melo is focused he makes us a very dangerous team. but it think its unfair to say that lin/chandler are liabilities when they helped us win 8 of 10. I mean like i said its cool that you are a melo fan but its ok to point out that he isn't the greatest player that ever lived. I mean the way you talk about him you would think he is jordan lol. How about being happy with all the pieces we have and how once we get it together we will be very tough to beat
holfresh

2/21/2012  7:03 PM
Syniko wrote:Lose one game and panic mode sets in. Win one game and suddenly we're title contender. Where are all these fans coming from? they're jumping to conclusion before the final buzzer goes off.

Not sure who you are refering to but I have preached patients on the board time and time again...But how can whats been happening with Chandler be overlooked...

JCrusher

2/21/2012  7:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2012  7:08 PM
holfresh wrote:
Syniko wrote:Lose one game and panic mode sets in. Win one game and suddenly we're title contender. Where are all these fans coming from? they're jumping to conclusion before the final buzzer goes off.

Not sure who you are refering to but I have preached patients on the board time and time again...But how can whats been happening with Chandler be overlooked...

Still haven't made a legit argument on why chandler is killing this team. Ya he did a bonehead move yesterday but lets put it this way if we dont have chandler we cant rebound or defend. I mean Amare has been a non factor and melo when he is actually on the court does isos all game and he will get 25pts after taking 50 shots lol
Stevo718
Member: #559
2/21/2012  7:19 PM
I think Chandler is doing fine... if anything I think Fields and Jefferies are playing extremely well but they have both been very active on the offensive side, once Melo fully gets back in the mix I want to see both Fields and Jefferies be even more selective with their shots... but geeze Lin has been making Jefferies look like he has some sort of offense lol.

And this is the regular season and the time to get out your frustrations... better now Chandler get a few technicals then during the playoffs. I think Chandler getting frustrated is actually positive in the long run for the team, it shows how much he wants to win and has his heart in the games.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/21/2012  7:25 PM
I'm also noticing that LIN refers to chandler more then AMARE..twice he had amre on the left and chandler on the right, the pass should have went to AMRE, but lin forced it to chandler who fumble the ball out of bounds (spacing was really bad)..later on the same thing happen and tyson got his shot partially blocked, while amare would have had the easy lay up..
ES
upstate
Member: #3781

2/21/2012  9:28 PM
holfresh wrote:
The honeymoon is over..

The reason Calderon and DWill scored on Lin is because Knicks' bigs did not show or trap when Lin got picked by screens (sometimes moving screens). Either Knicks bigs messed up their D or else it was in the gameplan to have Lin chase and give up the outside shot. If it is the latter, that's alot to ask for a guy who plays 45+ minutes, runs the entire offense, and takes a bunch of punishment driving the lane. Also, remember that the first time DWill tried to post up, Lin cleanly stole the entry pass and went the other way on the break.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/21/2012  9:30 PM
oh my god. chandler and lin are my two favorite knicks since camby and lj.

people need to recognize what is happening here.

games will be lost. they won't go undefeated. but it might be time to calm down and enjoy this. this is beautiful. this is once in a lifetime.

the honey moon is over?!? are you kidding me?

¿ △ ?
upstate
Member: #3781

2/21/2012  9:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:oh my god. chandler and lin are my two favorite knicks since camby and lj.

people need to recognize what is happening here.

games will be lost. they won't go undefeated. but it might be time to calm down and enjoy this. this is beautiful. this is once in a lifetime.

the honey moon is over?!? are you kidding me?

+1 These are the two most valuable members of the Knicks at the moment. Melo can join these two quickly as the key third member soon as he shakes off the rest (which might be the next game).

holfresh

2/22/2012  3:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2012  3:35 AM
JCrusher wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Still haven't made a legit argument on why chandler is killing this team. Ya he did a bonehead move yesterday but lets put it this way if we dont have chandler we cant rebound or defend. I mean Amare has been a non factor and melo when he is actually on the court does isos all game and he will get 25pts after taking 50 shots lol

First of all, I never said Chandler was killing this team...That was another poster in another thread...Second, my argument was made in my opening comments..Third, you are essentially making the same argument in my opening..What's going to happen in the playoffs when Chandler collect his 13th tech in the playoffs..He is currently on his 8th..

Chandler and Lin...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy