[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Looks like Toronto is going to give the Knicks hll over Frye
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/24/2005  4:27 PM
I agree that it gets VERY interesting if Granger isn't on the board when Toronto picks, but I don't think a team is stupid enough to sabotage it's own future by not taking the swingman or PG they DESPERATELY need...

this is from Draft Express on the Granger Toronto tip:

Toronto loves Granger. Granger loves Toronto.

According to a number of NBA sources, Danny Granger had an outstanding workout this past week in Toronto and could be their top available player on the board when the number seven pick rolls around on draft night. With the #4 for #6 trade we reported earlier between Utah and New Orleans off the table right now (New Orleans is beginning to realize what an excellent spot they are in at the moment), Granger would indeed be there at 7 as long as things go as expected with Green or Paul going 3rd or 5th, Deron Williams going 4th and Utah standing pat and taking Raymond Felton. Granger fits in perfectly with what the Raptors are looking to accomplish in terms of his style of play and character, with the fact that he was absolutely lights out from behind the arc being icing on the cake as far as Toronto is concerned. The feeling appears to be mutual. Sources close to Granger have indicated that Toronto was indeed his favorite city on his workout schedule so far, going as far as to say that Danny expressed that he loved everything about his trip to Canada; including the coaching staff, front office, and just the organization in general. If he’s on the board (which looks likely right now before any trades have been made), look for him to be taken 7th on draft night.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2005  4:31 PM
dufus is putting it nice. Watch Tor take Sean May 7 and Julius Hodge 16
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2005  4:31 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

the BEST thing that can happen is for someone to take frye before us. that will force us to take somebody that will probably be a better player (granger, graham, bynum) and with the void in the middle, it would be bynum.

Bynum is only working out for Portland right now. He refused to work out for the Knicks. Why draft a player who doesn't want to be here? So you can be forced to trade him?

People shouldnt even focus on Bynum to NY, it's not happening. it's unfortunate, but in life you deal with realities. this whole gig has been for Frye--really lets face it--this draft is Frye or bust for the Knicks they way they have played it.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  4:38 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

One question to all you fellas suggesting Granger or Graham. Do those guys make ANY SENSE now that Tim Thomas is our tallest player? How stacked are the SG/SF positions going to get before we draft a PF/C? Come on. It's time to think about a team.

Frye and Q make a lot of sense with Ariza, Craw and Marbury and even Tim Thomas, Malik Rose and JYD and Sweets.
lots of factors involved: are we trying to win now?
who will be available via trade or free agency?
Are we looking at this draft to fill a need on the roster, or just get the best blue chip we can?

Because we have so many areas that need to be upgraded I'm with taking the BPA.

I think a SL of Marbury/Q/Granger at the 1/2/3 with Ariza and Crawfor off the bench is top notch and will only get better over the next 5 years.

Do we have enough chips left to upgrade PF and C? Are those wing players good enough to win with in a Seattle type system?

So many questions, not so many answers but I think we will learn more on Tues. I think we are still far enough away where taking Granger makes the most sense because he's the best talent. I would take Ike over Graham, but I like Joey a lot.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2005  4:39 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

the BEST thing that can happen is for someone to take frye before us. that will force us to take somebody that will probably be a better player (granger, graham, bynum) and with the void in the middle, it would be bynum.

Bynum is only working out for Portland right now. He refused to work out for the Knicks. Why draft a player who doesn't want to be here? So you can be forced to trade him?

People shouldnt even focus on Bynum to NY, it's not happening. it's unfortunate, but in life you deal with realities. this whole gig has been for Frye--really lets face it--this draft is Frye or bust for the Knicks they way they have played it.

almost everything we've read and heard point this way. but at this time, i don't know what's real and what isn't anymore.

bynum tho, was NOT invited to come to the draft, and neither was diogu. what does mean? probably jack squat but they were not expected to go in the top 15 or so.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2005  4:40 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by crzymdups:

One question to all you fellas suggesting Granger or Graham. Do those guys make ANY SENSE now that Tim Thomas is our tallest player? How stacked are the SG/SF positions going to get before we draft a PF/C? Come on. It's time to think about a team.

Frye and Q make a lot of sense with Ariza, Craw and Marbury and even Tim Thomas, Malik Rose and JYD and Sweets.
lots of factors involved: are we trying to win now?
who will be available via trade or free agency?
Are we looking at this draft to fill a need on the roster, or just get the best blue chip we can?

Because we have so many areas that need to be upgraded I'm with taking the BPA.

I think a SL of Marbury/Q/Granger at the 1/2/3 with Ariza and Crawfor off the bench is top notch and will only get better over the next 5 years.

Do we have enough chips left to upgrade PF and C? Are those wing players good enough to win with in a Seattle type system?

So many questions, not so many answers but I think we will learn more on Tues. I think we are still far enough away where taking Granger makes the most sense because he's the best talent. I would take Ike over Graham, but I like Joey a lot.

i think we're going to see ALOT of this lineup next year:

marbury
craw
Q
tim
sweets/malik
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  4:43 PM
if it jacks up Tim's numbers enough so some dummy GM is will to dump a good player for his deal then I say groovy man.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
6/24/2005  4:44 PM
Thankyou Toronto. I want anyone at 8 except Frye and I think everyone on this board knows this. As everyone else has said, the ability to draft Granger, Green or Bynum at 8 would be a blessing in disguise and as Thelonious said before, this is ALL a game of deception so we don't really know what way ANY gm is leaning excecpt maybe with Milwaukee.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/24/2005  5:10 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I agree that it gets VERY interesting if Granger isn't on the board when Toronto picks, but I don't think a team is stupid enough to sabotage it's own future by not taking the swingman or PG they DESPERATELY need...

According to a number of NBA sources, Danny Granger had an outstanding workout this past week in Toronto and could be their top available player on the board when the number seven pick rolls around on draft night. With the #4 for #6 trade we reported earlier between Utah and New Orleans off the table right now (New Orleans is beginning to realize what an excellent spot they are in at the moment), Granger would indeed be there at 7 as long as things go as expected with Green or Paul going 3rd or 5th, Deron Williams going 4th and Utah standing pat and taking Raymond Felton. Granger fits in perfectly with what the Raptors are looking to accomplish in terms of his style of play and character, with the fact that he was absolutely lights out from behind the arc being icing on the cake as far as Toronto is concerned. The feeling appears to be mutual. Sources close to Granger have indicated that Toronto was indeed his favorite city on his workout schedule so far, going as far as to say that Danny expressed that he loved everything about his trip to Canada; including the coaching staff, front office, and just the organization in general. If he’s on the board (which looks likely right now before any trades have been made), look for him to be taken 7th on draft night.

Once Granger gets his first paycheck and half the money is gone for Canadian taxes, lets see how much he loves Toronto.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
6/24/2005  5:16 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by crzymdups:

Once Granger gets his first paycheck and half the money is gone for Canadian taxes, lets see how much he loves Toronto.

Haha true that!
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/24/2005  5:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Knicks_Fan
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/24/2005  5:29 PM
I refuse to believe that Isiah is stupid enough to telegraph his interest in Frye. If it isn't a bluff, Isiah should be fired.
Knicksfan
USA
6/24/2005  5:31 PM
No one is thinking that maybe it will be Utah taking Frye, since they aren't so high on Felton and they could find a good PG later with their second pick.
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
6/24/2005  5:34 PM
And what if Toronto took Felton since they need soo much a PG? Things can go so many ways on this draft...
Knicks_Fan
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  5:39 PM
we can't afford to have two roses on our team...We would be really weak

Posted by rain:

Rose is a punk. He's not worth it. Take Granger,Green, or Bynum and forget about Frye.
The true Knickabocker..........
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/24/2005  5:42 PM
Further evidence of why you take the BPA and make deals from a position of strength.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  5:50 PM
I believe in destiny...the Knicks lucks will be different next season for sure..
The true Knickabocker..........
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2005  6:08 PM
Posted by Rich:

I refuse to believe that Isiah is stupid enough to telegraph his interest in Frye. If it isn't a bluff, Isiah should be fired.

Well, there is a reason why Thomas was in AZ for 4 days, Frye hasnt done 1 workout and they could care less about other candidates.

I think they sit in a good position, I think frye isnt good enough to go higher than 8, Utah has Okur Bochardt--Toronto drafted arajuo and are signing sow back.
RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/24/2005  7:14 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Rich:

Well, there is a reason why Thomas was in AZ for 4 days, Frye hasnt done 1 workout and they could care less about other candidates.

I think they sit in a good position, I think frye isnt good enough to go higher than 8, Utah has Okur Bochardt--Toronto drafted arajuo and are signing sow back.
man, I know you love Bynum and want the Knicks to take the chubby kid but to make up stuff is crazy. The Knicks have worked out about everybody that would come. The kid didn't want to come. So he doesn't want to be a Knick. Let's us move on. After all this stuff with his brother, this guy could be a headcase anyways.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Knicksfan
USA
6/24/2005  8:52 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Rich:

man, I know you love Bynum and want the Knicks to take the chubby kid but to make up stuff is crazy. The Knicks have worked out about everybody that would come. The kid didn't want to come. So he doesn't want to be a Knick. Let's us move on. After all this stuff with his brother, this guy could be a headcase anyways.

I agree. Briggs, you love the kid. Its ok. But you make him look like some kind of Lebron that if we don't take him, even when HE canceled our workout, we will regrett it for the rest of our lives. In the process you make Frye look like he is some kind of bust soft player that would normally be lucky to get drafted in the second round. The kid is being managed soo badly, he has no clue how to do bussiness. He is working out with the Blazers? That will probably have more to do with the Lakers and pick 10 than pick 3. You wanna make things right? Work your *** off on workouts and prove to every team your worth. He canceled our workout and if Isiah doesn't pick him he will have ruined our team? What about Bynum will regret not joining the up and coming new Knicks? We'll be back soon!
Knicks_Fan
Looks like Toronto is going to give the Knicks hll over Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy