[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Looks like Toronto is going to give the Knicks hll over Frye
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2005  3:34 PM
In the Toronto paper, there is a couple of paragraphs implying that the Raptors will hold Frye over the Knicks head to dump a contract off.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2005  3:37 PM
I saw some of that today... good I hope they do and screw themselves. Thats Babc*ck... now Granger, Green or someone better is on the board.

I would stick with Danny but it would be nice to have this kind of leverage
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/24/2005  3:38 PM
Great, because if they pick him, Granger may be there, and/or Bynum is next on our list of bigs. I can live with that.

fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  3:38 PM
one other thing.. what contract can they dump on us? In case they didnt look we only have bad contract to give back (PLEASE dont say Jalen Rose)
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/24/2005  3:40 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

In the Toronto paper, there is a couple of paragraphs implying that the Raptors will hold Frye over the Knicks head to dump a contract off.

one can only hope this is true
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
jaydh
Member: #96
6/24/2005  3:40 PM
maybe this is why so much info was leaked about Zeke taking Frye. Toronto took the bait.

[Edited by - jaydh on 06/24/2005 15:41:18]
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
6/24/2005  3:41 PM
If Granger is on the board.. let em do it. That would be the blessing in disguise. If Green is on the board .. let em do it. We get the guy with the most upside in the draft.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/24/2005  3:42 PM
I hope they take the bait.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
6/24/2005  3:50 PM
I've been trying to tell people that the draft is a game of deception. And we all know Zeke is no stranger to deception. No one totally commits to a player at EIGHT and expect everything to go smoothly. I believe that the Knicks will end up with the player that they've wanted from the gate when it's all said and done. And they won't have to trade to do it either.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/24/2005  4:07 PM
you know, if the Knicks could trade Penny and 8 for Jalen and 7, I would do that. To me, Jalen is a good fit anyway and insuring we get Frye would be nice.
¿ △ ?
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
6/24/2005  4:12 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

you know, if the Knicks could trade Penny and 8 for Jalen and 7, I would do that. To me, Jalen is a good fit anyway and insuring we get Frye would be nice.
I wouldn't do that trade. Jalen is not a good fit. Like penny, his best years are behind him. His inability to play defense and tendency to hog the ball have placed him as a team cancer on almost all the teams he has played on. We have more than enough scorers. If we did this trade, it would seriously solidfy New York with the reputation of taking on other teams' crap. Why do you think the raptors were so insistent on packaging rose with Vince Carter initially? Because NO ONE wants him. Why do we always have to be the ones who take on everyone's pile of crap? And frankly, if they want to take frye, they can go ahead and do it. The difference between 7 and 8 does not seem to be big this year. Instead, it is about which gm will choose the future star.
http://allknicks.com
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  4:12 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

now you have lost your mind. Frye over who at 7? MAn... you really like him so much that you would take back Rose? Especially now that we are getting Q?

Im glad your that high on him
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2005  4:17 PM
the BEST thing that can happen is for someone to take frye before us. that will force us to take somebody that will probably be a better player (granger, graham, bynum) and with the void in the middle, it would be bynum.
crzymdups
USA
6/24/2005  4:17 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by crzymdups:

now you have lost your mind. Frye over who at 7? MAn... you really like him so much that you would take back Rose? Especially now that we are getting Q?

Well, the Q thing isn't official yet. Ask me when it's official.

As for Rose, yes I think he would be a good fit. But with Rose and Q, it would be imperative to move Tim Thomas.

Also, there are MANY reports on the web saying that Toronto is in love with Granger and will take HIM at seven. With Utah liking taking Felton if it can't trade up, Granger will probably be there for Toronto. I don't think this leverage trade thing will happen with Toronto unless someone picks Granger VERY high.

Right now, it's looking like

1) Bogut
2) Marvin
3) Green (to LAL)
4) Deron
5) Chris Paul
6) Felton
7) Granger
8) Frye

I don't see Frye going higher than us. I'm sure the Raptors would love us to take Rose off their hands, but I don't see a reason to do it unless the Knicks want Rose. I happen to like Rose, but if the Q thing is official, I agree it's overkill and would take too many minutes from Ariza.
¿ △ ?
rain
Member: #353
USA
6/24/2005  4:20 PM
Rose is a punk. He's not worth it. Take Granger,Green, or Bynum and forget about Frye.
crzymdups
USA
One question to all you fellas suggesting Granger or Graham. Do those guys make ANY SENSE now that Tim Thomas is our tallest player? How stacked are the SG/SF positions going to get before we draft a PF/C? Come on. It's time to think about a team.

Frye and Q make a lot of sense with Ariza, Craw and Marbury and even Tim Thomas, Malik Rose and JYD and Sweets.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
I like Rose too, but any trade I had with him had us getting pick 16 back. Just outright trading for him is bad for us IMO

Frye is a good player, I'm just tired of having a roster with no tough guys. Thats why I like Granger... if he's got give me Ike (assuming we wont take Bynum)
crzymdups
USA
6/24/2005  4:22 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

the BEST thing that can happen is for someone to take frye before us. that will force us to take somebody that will probably be a better player (granger, graham, bynum) and with the void in the middle, it would be bynum.

Bynum is only working out for Portland right now. He refused to work out for the Knicks. Why draft a player who doesn't want to be here? So you can be forced to trade him?
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
6/24/2005  4:24 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I like Rose too, but any trade I had with him had us getting pick 16 back. Just outright trading for him is bad for us IMO

Frye is a good player, I'm just tired of having a roster with no tough guys. Thats why I like Granger... if he's got give me Ike (assuming we wont take Bynum)

but that gives us Q, Craw, Ariza, Tim Thomas, Penny AND Granger as swing men?

and NO centers? No thanks. I'd like a center.

I'd like to draft Frye and maybe Blatche at 30, give this team some young, athletic size that can get up and down the floor. Frye is the perfect replacement for Kurt in the pick and roll. Toronto may be trying to scare Zeke, but I don't think it'll work. I think he'll call their bluff. They REALLY gonna pass on Granger? I doubt it.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Member: #303
6/24/2005  4:25 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by fishmike:

[quote]Posted by crzymdups:

Well, the Q thing isn't official yet. Ask me when it's official.

As for Rose, yes I think he would be a good fit. But with Rose and Q, it would be imperative to move Tim Thomas.

Also, there are MANY reports on the web saying that Toronto is in love with Granger and will take HIM at seven. With Utah liking taking Felton if it can't trade up, Granger will probably be there for Toronto. I don't think this leverage trade thing will happen with Toronto unless someone picks Granger VERY high.

Right now, it's looking like

1) Bogut
2) Marvin
3) Green (to LAL)
4) Deron
5) Chris Paul
6) Felton
7) Granger
8) Frye

There are variables there. Number 1, Felton is not a lock to go top 10 and I think Portland is out of love with Green and doesnt want a F or PG. For instance if you take Felton out, move Granger to 5 and Paul to 6-where does Toronto go? They dont want Felton, that much I have figured out. They seem to be high on Green Granger and Graham, but they also have pick 16. If Granger fell to them, then its a done deal, but if Felton is on the board and the big 6 are off----toronto has some play there. Now do I think this Raptor GM is a dufus? Yes and I doubt that I see him holding isiah hostage.
RIP Crushalot😞
Looks like Toronto is going to give the Knicks hll over Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy