[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

with KT gone we need a new 6'8 player to put at center
Author Thread
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
6/24/2005  1:53 PM
Posted by TMS:

unless you're trading Sweetney, then why?

That's a very good point. They're very similar.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2005  1:54 PM
you want diago - cool

then we should trade down with a team with multiple picks to do it. no matter how good he may turn out to be, it's tough to justify taking a 6'8" player at #8 when you just traded one away.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  1:55 PM
Comeon Dj!!! no one wants to pick this kid with the 8th pick...

Posted by djsunyc:

you want diago - cool

then we should trade down with a team with multiple picks to do it. no matter how good he may turn out to be, it's tough to justify taking a 6'8" player at #8 when you just traded one away.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/24/2005  2:00 PM
Posted by fishmike:

one other thing Guns; nobody we pick 8 is solving our frontcourt problems, unless its Bynum AND he half the player Briggs thinks he will be.

Who's solving our froncourt problems? Frye? Vasquez?

Illgaukus, boozer, Gasol or possibly Kwame and the while we nab one of the top 3 players to come out of this draft overall Bynum, Green, Granger or Graham and a bruising PF/C like Morris or Turiaf at 30.
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  2:02 PM
Bynum is a primadona
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/24/2005  2:05 PM
You really make me laugh sometimes Did. How the hell do you come to that conclusion?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  2:09 PM
Because he doesn't want to work out teams or play against other big men that will be in the draft...That to me is a primadona

Posted by Allanfan20:

You really make me laugh sometimes Did. How the hell do you come to that conclusion?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/24/2005  2:11 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by diderotn:
To tell you the truth, the more I think about it....
you gotta stop doing that. Your going to hurt yourself

lol...you're horrible.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  2:13 PM
Jesus went through the same abuse,,,I know...the truth hurts...
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by diderotn:

lol...you're horrible.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/24/2005  2:15 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Jesus went through the same abuse,,,I know...the truth hurts...
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by diderotn:

lol...you're horrible.

HA!!!

And we only thought you had a MOSES complex!!!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2005  2:23 PM
lol... Dido suffers like Jesus. Dude... I'm telling Houston on you

DJ... trading down would be ideal, especially with the new CBA/NBDL

Ike isnt even my first choice, but he's up there.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/24/2005  3:12 PM
I wouldn't take him that early but from what I saw of him in the Pac-10 he was simply dominant...it seemed like there was nothing anyone could do...i remember one game stanford put their center 6-10 270 pounds on him and ike would drive by him everytime, and if he got space he would just step back and hit a 12 footer consistently...then they put a skinnier but faster 6-10 power forward on him who is a good defender- ike would just destroy him in the post and throw it down - he singlehandedly won most of arizona states games for them. Im just worried that he might be too undersized in the NBA and might get shut down by the more athletic and skilled NBA players - the best big man in the pac-10 was a skinnier channing frye. his wingspan should help him a lot though and might help push him over the hump.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  3:27 PM
Posted by nyballer:

I wouldn't take him that early but from what I saw of him in the Pac-10 he was simply dominant...it seemed like there was nothing anyone could do...i remember one game stanford put their center 6-10 270 pounds on him and ike would drive by him everytime, and if he got space he would just step back and hit a 12 footer consistently...then they put a skinnier but faster 6-10 power forward on him who is a good defender- ike would just destroy him in the post and throw it down - he singlehandedly won most of arizona states games for them. Im just worried that he might be too undersized in the NBA and might get shut down by the more athletic and skilled NBA players - the best big man in the pac-10 was a skinnier channing frye. his wingspan should help him a lot though and might help push him over the hump.
again.. thank you. Everyone that has seen him play says the same stuff. He's nasty but for some reason 8 seems to high. Not for me, because we are just going to watch him with NJ ripping down boards over all our guys and throwing outlet passes to RJ, Vince and Kidd.

I'm sure he will struggle against the best in the NBA, but he brings alot to the table. We need guys that play like he does.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/24/2005  3:36 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by nyballer:

again.. thank you. Everyone that has seen him play says the same stuff. He's nasty but for some reason 8 seems to high. Not for me, because we are just going to watch him with NJ ripping down boards over all our guys and throwing outlet passes to RJ, Vince and Kidd.

I'm sure he will struggle against the best in the NBA, but he brings alot to the table. We need guys that play like he does.
I definitely agree, he plays with passion and fire. He does remind me of Malik Rose and JYD because he's always working harder and harder to get good position or get rebounds and blocks. I don't want him at 8 just because I think we can get him later on if we really wanted to (by trading for a mid first round pick), although there is a chance someone might take him in the late lottery. he has that all-round game that is reminiscent of Barkley and Malone...he's huge in the post so he can take smaller and quicker defenders with his muscle, but he's quick enough to drive by people like Sweetney and Kenny Thomas..and he can hit the shot if you give it to him. Guys I think he will struggle against in the league are people in the mold of Brand, Duncan, Garnett, Jermaine O'neal...but they are the best in the game, almost everyone struggles against them.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  3:39 PM
exactly... if people though he would have no problem with the guys you mentioned he would be a top 3 pick
with KT gone we need a new 6'8 player to put at center

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy