[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gasol?: A Vecey rumor (*sigh*)
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/24/2005  10:21 AM
I think Peter might be losing his mind a little. Dude is getting old. He used to be on point....now it seems like he misses the point more than anything.

Still the Gasol rumor is interesting. That would be a huge salary dump for Memphis. The team is supposedly on the verge of being in the NBA graveyard cuz of money problems. Getting Gasol for Penny would be so crazy. Gasol is big enough to play center.

Imagine if Memphis does the Penny trade? Then throw in the rumor about Boozer....

Boozer
Ariza
Gasol
Marbs
Q

Craw the super sub as the ultimate 6th man. The Knicks still would have some good bigs coming off the bench especially with the draft picks.

Marbs is considered selfish but always gets 8 assists per game every year. He would get 12 per with that line-up and get the MVP like Nash did this year, lol!

Wouldn't that be something?!?!?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
6/24/2005  10:29 AM
That would only give us 400 million in salary
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/24/2005  10:45 AM
Posted by MS:

who cares? I'd take 200 billion salary if it brought us a championship
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/24/2005  11:15 AM
Posted by MS:

The trades would be dollar for dollar so it wouldn't matter. That team could definately win together so the years on the contacts would be worth it.

That team could do everything on offense and would have to hire a lawyer to handle the defense, lol.

Still.....both trades could happen....especially if we trade our current picks along with them. Like say #8 to Utah and #30 to Memphis.

With Boozer, and Gasol manning the 4-5 spots who needs a big man? The Knicks could sign a cheap back-up center and draft a point guard with the second round pick...cuz there will definately be some decent points around in the second round.

Wow...A guy can dream!!!

Boozer, Ariza, Gasol, Marbs, Q, Craw, Steven Hunter? Chris Thomas(Draft)? with JYD, Rose and Mo?

Oh my....I believe I've wet myself!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/24/2005  11:29 AM
I think Gasol in NY with Craw, Q and Marbs would be great
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  11:49 AM
how about Boozer and Illguskas reunited in a knicks uniform??? with the money we will be saving if we let Houston go, we can use some of it to sign Illguskas.
The true Knickabocker..........
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/24/2005  12:04 PM
I would love that too - I just want some real bigs to play with this backcourt we have going. I know there has been some thoughts that Craw and MArbs arent that great together - but I think the problem is and always has been the frontcourt - not the backcourt. With some solid bigs, and the addition of Q - and a real coach - this team will be transformed.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/24/2005  12:10 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

I would love that too - I just want some real bigs to play with this backcourt we have going. I know there has been some thoughts that Craw and MArbs arent that great together - but I think the problem is and always has been the frontcourt - not the backcourt. With some solid bigs, and the addition of Q - and a real coach - this team will be transformed.

no question! obviously the frontcourt is the biggest problem but the lack of team defense is as big a problem.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
6/24/2005  12:15 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by MS:

who cares? I'd take 200 billion salary if it brought us a championship

Are you sure? You wouldn't mind spending $100,000 a ticket or have your MSG cable bill be $20,000 / month?

Being serious, I know you weren't being literal, but you have to remember that the cost of the team trickles directly down to the fans when costs are so high. That's why so much of us HATED the Allan Houston signing. Aside from the fact that we couldn't get under the cap... we're stuck spending PREMIUM $$$ for a terrible team. I don't go to basketball games anymore, because the price is absurd. It's a touchy subject to me whenever someone says they don't care how much the Knicks are over the cap... I care, because as a fan it costs me more money every time they sign ridiculously overpaid guys.

Back to the topic, I'd love to have Gasol. :)
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/24/2005  12:27 PM
Gasol's not bringing us any championships...forget him...there are other options...i'd rather just keep the pick
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Gasol?: A Vecey rumor (*sigh*)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy