[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This trade sucks so far, you guys are all crazy
Author Thread
Knickss208
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #796
6/24/2005  9:53 AM
I dont think Kurt Thomas is a great player, but he does provide all, and i mean ALL, of our front court production. Unless Sweetney turns into something much more than he already is we will have no hope. Rarely will a NO. 8 pick get you immediate production as a starter. IT better have some plan unfolding here, because right now the team is just a bunch of guards with no front court whatsoever. So far this looks like a step back. Q is a fun player to watch, but he is a defensive liability and shoots an awful percentage from the field. SOUND LIKE ANYONE???? CRAWFORD. We need immediate help in the front court and I dont think this year's draft will be able to address that problem. Looks like an even more ****ty coming season. AND WHAT ABOUT ARIZA???! Thats over now for sure with Q coming in.
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/24/2005  9:55 AM
Yeah the plan was to get Kurt out. Thanks Kurt but please move on.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
6/24/2005  10:13 AM
The only thing that I don't like about the trade is Q getting some SF minutes. That should NEVER happen. For PG and SG->Crawford, Marbury and Q. Let Tim and Ariza be the only SF's this year.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/24/2005  10:26 AM
I don't see much of a problem here, Crawford can be the 6th man combo guard that many think he will excell at. We can start Q, who is also a good post up player and play Ariza..Screw TT, I hope he is in another uniform, I am tired of him. I liked KT but hopefully this trade works for both teams..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2005  10:30 AM
fair points and your right. The Knicks get younger and balance the roster a little, thats the positive. The negatives you just listed, and your 100% right about KT.

Ike Diogu is the most ready to come in and contribute in the frontcourt IMO. Simien might also be an option but I think 8 is to high for WS, but not for Ike.

I think the positive is havent won crap with KT as a starter so if you have a chance for a 25 year old player with fair upside you pull the trigger.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/24/2005  10:30 AM
Posted by tkf:

I don't see much of a problem here, Crawford can be the 6th man combo guard that many think he will excell at. We can start Q, who is also a good post up player and play Ariza..Screw TT, I hope he is in another uniform, I am tired of him. I liked KT but hopefully this trade works for both teams..

Problem is I don't think thats the plan. I think the plan is to assemble the shortest and worst defensive backcourt of Marbury, craw & Q in NBA history
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/24/2005  10:35 AM
About the problems at SF, you could always draft Graham who I think will be avaliable when we pick. Granger is a possibility, but will he be there? Hmm, lets see. Then you could do the Boozer trade, and voilá, there you have a better starting SF and PF.

Or you could take Frye, use him at center and hope Sweetney is finally ready to play. Later on in his career, use Frye as the starting PF and get a Center.
Knicks_Fan
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/24/2005  10:35 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tkf:

Problem is I don't think thats the plan. I think the plan is to assemble the shortest and worst defensive backcourt of Marbury, craw & Q in NBA history

How do you consider craw and Q both 6'5 and 6'6 small?
I could also say a backcourt of eisley and Houston were not stellar, I could name others, but I don't think the plan you detailed is IT's plan.... I have more confidence thant that....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  10:39 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:

About the problems at SF, you could always draft Graham who I think will be avaliable when we pick. Granger is a possibility, but will he be there? Hmm, lets see. Then you could do the Boozer trade, and voilá, there you have a better starting SF and PF.

Or you could take Frye, use him at center and hope Sweetney is finally ready to play. Later on in his career, use Frye as the starting PF and get a Center.
forget Frye... the safe pick is Ike. He played center in college and with his 7'5 wingspan is only an inch shorter than Frye anyway. He's got the same shooting range as KT, but also the best post moves in CBB. He gets the FT line, blocks shots and gets 12 boards a game. A chisled 240 lbs and he's got a real motor and is a tough player. He's not going to be a star but he will fight and claw every night and give you KT type numbers, probably right away.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  10:44 AM
Look here, I don't worry about our back court,especially if Q will be the starting SG. Ginobli is not taller than Q and he is very successful. Granted that all of his success have something to do with TD in the middle, but the dude has the heart of a lion and I hope that guys like Q emulate a little the way this young talented undersize SG plays the game. Marb is a much tougher player than Parker, but the only difference is that Parker is better coached. I think if we are to acquire a good coach who knows how to strategize, our players can overachieve.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
6/24/2005  11:04 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by tkf:

How do you consider craw and Q both 6'5 and 6'6 small?
I could also say a backcourt of eisley and Houston were not stellar, I could name others, but I don't think the plan you detailed is IT's plan.... I have more confidence thant that....

Crawford at 6-5 180 is severely small and totally overmatched defensively and Q at 6-6 230 could play SF IF HE PLAYED DEFENSE, since he doesn't it would be wiser to leave him at SG.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/24/2005 11:25:33]
Knicksfan
USA
6/24/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Knicksfan:

forget Frye... the safe pick is Ike. He played center in college and with his 7'5 wingspan is only an inch shorter than Frye anyway. He's got the same shooting range as KT, but also the best post moves in CBB. He gets the FT line, blocks shots and gets 12 boards a game. A chisled 240 lbs and he's got a real motor and is a tough player. He's not going to be a star but he will fight and claw every night and give you KT type numbers, probably right away.

Something like the second coming of Ben Wallace?

But I read that Fryw is between 6'10"-6'11" where Ike is listed as 6'8"...

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 06/24/2005 11:16:02]
Knicks_Fan
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  11:20 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Something like the second coming of Ben Wallace?

But I read that Fryw is between 6'10"-6'11" where Ike is listed as 6'8"...
[Edited by - KnicksFan on 06/24/2005 11:16:02]
He is 6'8. He's got a 7'5 wingspan though making him much longer. His standing reach is an inch less than Frye's and he's a guy that plays tough. He's got Ben's body, but I dont think he's the athlete Ben is. He does have a great motor though and I have no doubt he could match KT's production (11/11) almost immediatly
MS
Member: #724
6/24/2005  11:25 AM
If they use Q properly, and post him and keep him off the three point line he is going to be much more effective and shoot a higher percentage.....

I hate Channing Frye he is a Loren Woods clone, Isiah still gets a little bit of time although i am not a fan of his moves, i would like this move if we never made the crawford deal, or the mohammed deal, we would have roster space

Isiah isn't really all that bright when it comes to making transactions
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/24/2005  11:54 AM
I like the idea of having Q and no longer having Cr8zy Eyes. But I am concerned about our front court - we have sent Ewing, Camby and now KT packing for nothing in return front court wise (Dice doesnt count because he didnt do anything here).

I also dont like the idea of packaging a conditional 1st rounder to them...KT was enough, Isiah seems to get raped a little whenever he does trades.

He should not have traded Nazr by the way - that is a move I did not agree with and still think it was a big mistake. He would have been a great piece to have on this team come playoff time...if we could ever get there.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Knicksfan
USA
6/24/2005  12:04 PM
It has been reported lately that its Isiah recieving the pick, not giving it up. We'll see...
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
USA
6/24/2005  12:16 PM
I think the reason Isiah is going after that conditional 1st rd pick is so he can send it to Detroit as compensation for Larry Brown.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/24/2005  12:23 PM
I dont understand how this trade sucks when we getting a Physical Shooting Guard that doesnt have a max contract. we get younger plus we add another first round pick for the future. Kurt Thomas is a 32 year old role player. We have a 25 year old starter.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/24/2005  12:26 PM
if we get the conditional pick - or as long as we dont have to give one up - then its a good deal, we still need to add size though.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
6/24/2005  3:08 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

I dont understand how this trade sucks when we getting a Physical Shooting Guard that doesnt have a max contract. we get younger plus we add another first round pick for the future. Kurt Thomas is a 32 year old role player. We have a 25 year old starter.

exactly, people here just like to bash every trade... i mean, you see what people post, the proposals and how lopsided they are.
This trade sucks so far, you guys are all crazy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy