[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Andrew Bynum works out for Portland ag
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/24/2005  11:46 AM
Today in NBAdraft.net, Green is projected to go 10 to the Lakers!
Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  11:47 AM
I can't wait for Tuesday
The true Knickabocker..........
Knick2001
Member: #83
6/24/2005  11:57 AM

And they have Bynum going 16th to Toronto!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/24/2005  12:00 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

I don't think NBAdraft.net is any better at picking who goes where than any of us.

If Portland is trading Bynum, why work him out?

If Portland wants Bynum, but wants to pick him at 10, how can they be sure he'll be there?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2005  12:04 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by franco12:

If Bynum stopped working out for Knicks & Toronto at 8 & 7, why would he agree to be picked at 10 and go to Portland?

He's loosing money on his contract and potential money from endorsements (NYC not Toronto!)

I think Portland is thinking about taking him with their pick.

That they have some other centers doesn't matter- they'll bring him along slowly- perhaps in the NBDL for all of next season. They'll tank again & add another young star to go with Telfair and Bynum.

Portland is looking at building a championship team and they know they can't buy it today, but they can invest and have it tomorrow. Unlike Dolan, Allen (their owner) could think that fans their are smart enough to see a true effort at building a champion.

Why did Channing Frye stop working out for teams? he had an invite at Charlotte?

Its a simple deduction. Bynum is a better long term prospect than Channing frye, there is no doubt in my mind. Its not that he is 3 inches taller, a better athlete and dwarfs Frye physically, its the burgeoning skills that go along with the package.. If he had no skills, of course you dont pick him. But he does and hes HUGE, still growing and athletic. He s a real C and Channing is a tweener, in fact everything about Channing says average to me. he is not physically imposing, he's an average athlete, hes got weak legs, he dissapears and doesnt bring it every night, lacks intensity. You know what--he bought his lotto ticket with 8-10 games in his last year going against teams with no bigs. Show me the quality big player he went against the last 10 games.

If ytou want more, go out on the net and read what MANY the HUGE majority of people --what they say about Channing, and keep it to a west coast perspective--read game forums on ASU AZ--go read, Frye is SOFT. So he was tough on Roger Powell and swatted his shot 5 times? so what the guy is 6-5!

when those caloric drinks wear off and his body comes back down to 235
thats who we have for our C, a porous rebounding, over-rated shot blcking softie tweener.

the Knicks always have to do things for the now, it has to be now, we have to get mo taylor malik rose now, we need Q now, we have to get the most ready draftee C now, although projecting out, he may not be the best, but thats for the Knicks to find out.

couldn't have said it myself. everyone I know hates Frye and that includes Arizona fans and west coast fans in general. They all say the same things about him and how he's as soft as soft gets for a bigman. And I've heard countless Arizona fans say that he's not much better than Loren Woods. If we draft Frye as high as 8 when he should be the 20th pick or so for a team in need of a serviceable center we will have drafted the biggest bust in the lottery!

Isiah is not Layden so I'm confident he won't draft him but is misleading other teams by mentioning him.

Just think of this concept 1 more time. the Trailblazers control this draft--they can take ANYBODY Chris paul, D Williams Granger after the first two guys who are slotted in with staples. Anyone, look at the levarge they hold, its almost like they have pick 1--YET they apparently seem to hold Bynum in a pretty hefty status. Last year it was very similar with Sebastian Telfair, I heard the "he sckks" he isnt worth it, he will drop to 25-30 maybe round 2, yet the Blazers *reached* for Sebastian[or did they?]

Why isnt Frye in for 2nd series of secret workouts? Why isnt frye evn considered a workout in the top 3 anyway, I mean a big who is as good as Channing should command that respect right??????????????? I mean bigs dont grow on trees
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
6/24/2005  12:06 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by Knick2001:

I don't think NBAdraft.net is any better at picking who goes where than any of us.

If Portland wants Bynum, but wants to pick him at 10, how can they be sure he'll be there?

they KNOW who has worked him out and who hasnt--that is why they cancelled all their workouts, because obviously Portland told them too. We NEVER worked him out while he was in shape and so we will pay a long term price. Case closed.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2005  12:09 PM
at the end of the day, would you be more upset if they took vasquez instead of frye?

knicks have some spain connections now - isiah talked to a coach over there and now there's rumors they're going to play a game over there.

this whole frye thing could've been isiah's way of doing his due dilligence and maybe vasquez is the man.

for a guy that drafed ariza, and had a major influence on getting foster, and the other indiana players - maybe frye is SOFT and isiah knows this.

it looks like he's bringing in multi-positional players outside of mo taylor.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2005  12:11 PM
but i agree, if he takes frye and bynum is still on the board, then he deserves some criticism.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/24/2005  12:13 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

at the end of the day, would you be more upset if they took vasquez instead of frye?

knicks have some spain connections now - isiah talked to a coach over there and now there's rumors they're going to play a game over there.

this whole frye thing could've been isiah's way of doing his due dilligence and maybe vasquez is the man.

for a guy that drafed ariza, and had a major influence on getting foster, and the other indiana players - maybe frye is SOFT and isiah knows this.

it looks like he's bringing in multi-positional players outside of mo taylor.

I'd rather have Bynum, Vazquez, Taft or Blatche than Frye if we're going to pretend all this team needs is a 7footer.
Knicksfan
USA
6/24/2005  12:26 PM
Andrew Bynum Draft Capsule

June 24, 2005

VITALS: 7-0, 285, St. Joseph's HS (Metuchen, New Jersey)

OVERVIEW: Bynum averaged 22 points, 16 rebounds and five blocks as a senior. In the McDonald's High School All-American Game, the 17-year-old tallied nine points and five rebounds in 11 minutes. Bynum originally committed to Connecticut before entering the NBA draft.

LIKELY DRAFT POSITION: Bynum says he is confident about being a lottery pick, and it's hard to imagine he would stay in the draft if he didn't have an idea he would go at least in the top 20. New York, picking eighth, is a team that obviously needs a center, but Isiah Thomas might not be able to wait for Bynum to develop into an NBA player.

COMPARATIVE UPSIDE: Brendan Haywood

COMPARATIVE DOWNSIDE: Michael Olowokandi

ROLE PROJECTION: Backup center.

POSITIVES: Bynum has a soft touch around the basket and can even step out to about 14 feet and hit jump shots. He has lost a lot of weight over the past year and is getting closer to the type of condition he needs to be in. He is one of the very few players to come into the draft in recent years with legitimate center height and weight. He has some agility for a man his size, but this too must improve.

SHORTCOMINGS: Although Bynum blocked some shots in high school, he doesn't appear to have the quickness to drop off his man and challenge drivers to the basket. Conditioning work at the NBA level takes a serious, long-lasting commitment, and he will have to prove that he will do what it takes to remain in condition to play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=2179283&prov=st&type=lgns
Knicks_Fan
franco12
USA
6/24/2005  12:47 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Andrew Bynum Draft Capsule

June 24, 2005

VITALS: 7-0, 285, St. Joseph's HS (Metuchen, New Jersey)

OVERVIEW: Bynum averaged 22 points, 16 rebounds and five blocks as a senior. In the McDonald's High School All-American Game, the 17-year-old tallied nine points and five rebounds in 11 minutes. Bynum originally committed to Connecticut before entering the NBA draft.

LIKELY DRAFT POSITION: Bynum says he is confident about being a lottery pick, and it's hard to imagine he would stay in the draft if he didn't have an idea he would go at least in the top 20. New York, picking eighth, is a team that obviously needs a center, but Isiah Thomas might not be able to wait for Bynum to develop into an NBA player.

COMPARATIVE UPSIDE: Brendan Haywood

COMPARATIVE DOWNSIDE: Michael Olowokandi

ROLE PROJECTION: Backup center.

POSITIVES: Bynum has a soft touch around the basket and can even step out to about 14 feet and hit jump shots. He has lost a lot of weight over the past year and is getting closer to the type of condition he needs to be in. He is one of the very few players to come into the draft in recent years with legitimate center height and weight. He has some agility for a man his size, but this too must improve.

SHORTCOMINGS: Although Bynum blocked some shots in high school, he doesn't appear to have the quickness to drop off his man and challenge drivers to the basket. Conditioning work at the NBA level takes a serious, long-lasting commitment, and he will have to prove that he will do what it takes to remain in condition to play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=2179283&prov=st&type=lgns

Did the folks writing this capsule know that Bynum has now worked out for the Trailblazers twice?

Upside projection: Shaq

Downside projection: Olowokandi

You don't look twice at someone to pick them 3rd in the draft unless you think they have a chance to be a bit better than Brendan Haywood.
gunsnewing
USA
6/24/2005  12:53 PM
I don't know that seemed like a fairly reasonable scouting report and very informative. I bet UNC thought very highly of Haywood too when recruiting him out of high school. More reason to ponder drafting the best player available: Green, Granger or Graham but I would be thrilled if Isiah took the low risk high reward gamble on Bynum and I think he will since we need a Center more than anything but if he doesn't think highly of Bynum he will draft the BPA not the tallest

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/24/2005 13:08:33]
Knicksfan
USA
6/24/2005  1:02 PM
I will be happy if we either take a future SF star like Green, Granger or Graham or if we take a guy to play C for the future like Bynum.
Knicks_Fan
mattchless
Member: #912
6/24/2005  1:13 PM
Bynum had a private private workout in NY where a bunch of teams attended, including the Knicks, so the Knicks certainly know what he looks like now (in shape, healthy hand, etc.), so that's not the issue. It's no excuse for Isiah to say he didn't take him b/c he never saw him in shape...not the case at all.

I haven't seen one media outlet even MENTION Bynum going to the Knicks at #8. There's an article today where it says if Frye is off the board, the only other big men they are considering is Vazquez. What the heck is that?

Bynum to Knicks looks like an extreme longshot.
Knicksfan
USA
6/24/2005  1:15 PM
Thats strange because on the Knicks site they have Bynum ranked higher than Vazquez...
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
USA
6/24/2005  1:16 PM
Posted by mattchless:

Bynum had a private private workout in NY where a bunch of teams attended, including the Knicks, so the Knicks certainly know what he looks like now (in shape, healthy hand, etc.), so that's not the issue. It's no excuse for Isiah to say he didn't take him b/c he never saw him in shape...not the case at all.

I haven't seen one media outlet even MENTION Bynum going to the Knicks at #8. There's an article today where it says if Frye is off the board, the only other big men they are considering is Vazquez. What the heck is that?

Bynum to Knicks looks like an extreme longshot.

hopefully the silence is intentional and part of Isiah's slick personality
mattchless
Member: #912
6/24/2005  1:16 PM
It's unlikely they would publish their internal draft board, that's just that guy's journalistic view. Don't take it otherwise.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/24/2005  1:25 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by franco12:
Posted by Knick2001:

they KNOW who has worked him out and who hasnt--that is why they cancelled all their workouts, because obviously Portland told them too. We NEVER worked him out while he was in shape and so we will pay a long term price. Case closed.
BRIGGS-
Why do I get the feeling that you are blaming the Knicks for not working him out while he was in shape when HE was the one who cancelled the workouts.
BRIGGS
6/24/2005  1:38 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Thats strange because on the Knicks site they have Bynum ranked higher than Vazquez...

the Knicks will NEVEr take Bynum because they conceive he cant play right now.
RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
USA
6/24/2005  1:41 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Knicksfan:

the Knicks will NEVEr take Bynum because they conceive he cant play right now.

I do worry that unless Isiah was at the Bynum public workout, the person who we had scouting him was part of the many historic picks we've made in draft.
Andrew Bynum works out for Portland ag

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy