Andrew Bynum works out for Portland ag
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2005  8:59 AM
Andrew Bynum works out for Portland again

Possibly the toughest player in this draft may have just had his hand revealed just a little bit yesterday in Portland. According to NBA sources, Andrew Bynum worked out for the Portland Trailblazers once again yesterday, his second workout with the organization in the past week. Bynum had supposedly shut down his workouts and even cancelled a workout with the Nets on Wednesday. The workout was supposed to be top secret, but word quickly leaked out to us from two separate and independent sources. With the NBA finals in the books and teams being free to make trades once again, the stage could be set for the Blazers to pull off a much anticipated trade with the Lakers that would send the #3 pick to Los Angeles. The Lakers would use the #3 to take either the logical pick, Chris Paul ,or Kupchack’s favorite, Gerald Green. Portland would take Andrew Bynum, maybe pick up Caron Butler on the way, and dump a bad contract like Ruben Patterson in the process in return for Chucky Atkins’ ending contract.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  9:09 AM
Why would Portland trade # 3 to the Lakers when they can easily selectt Bynum with the 3 pick? Portland needs to start thinking young and guys with good clean background.
The true Knickabocker..........
Knick2001
Member: #83
6/24/2005  9:13 AM
Why would Portland trade # 3 to the Lakers when they can easily selectt Bynum with the 3 pick?

Because Bynum isn't worth a #3 overall pick and they think they can pick up for the Lakers Pick at #10 plus add a player from the Lakers in the process.
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  9:14 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Why would Portland trade # 3 to the Lakers when they can easily selectt Bynum with the 3 pick? Portland needs to start thinking young and guys with good clean background.
they will trade down with the Lakers and pick Bynum at #10
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
6/24/2005  9:14 AM
A good deal for Portland, If they really do pick up Butler and Bynum, good for their cap situation too by offloading Ruben. But what about LA? I thought they were looking for frontcourt help? Jax has never been known for having a scoring PG like Paul, and Isn't Green a little redundant with Kobe and Odom?
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  9:18 AM
maybe he sees a Pippen/Jordan part II with Kobe/Green
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  9:19 AM
Portland is a freaking rival of the Lakers, why would they even consider being trade partners????After all, how many times has LA knocked Portland out of a chance at winning the big prize??? Portland could probably deal that pick with an eastern team with an earlier pick like N.Y.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/24/2005  9:32 AM
Posted by CTKnicksfan:

A good deal for Portland, If they really do pick up Butler and Bynum, good for their cap situation too by offloading Ruben. But what about LA? I thought they were looking for frontcourt help? Jax has never been known for having a scoring PG like Paul, and Isn't Green a little redundant with Kobe and Odom?
The Lakers really miss Jerry West. As Nalod would say they are "Starphucked." Getting Green makes no sense at all. They need a solid pg, and need a top line 5 to even think about competing again. Green/Kobe would be horrible. By all accounts Green needs the ball in hand to be very effective. Surpise surpise so does Kobe. They would be better served getting Bynum or D. Williams.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  9:47 AM
I hope that the Lakers go to hell with Kobe and Phil
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/24/2005  9:52 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by CTKnicksfan:

The Lakers really miss Jerry West. As Nalod would say they are "Starphucked." Getting Green makes no sense at all. They need a solid pg, and need a top line 5 to even think about competing again. Green/Kobe would be horrible. By all accounts Green needs the ball in hand to be very effective. Surpise surpise so does Kobe. They would be better served getting Bynum or D. Williams.

yeah its ridiculous!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2005  10:11 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Possibly the toughest player in this draft may have just had his hand revealed just a little bit yesterday in Portland. According to NBA sources, Andrew Bynum worked out for the Portland Trailblazers once again yesterday, his second workout with the organization in the past week. Bynum had supposedly shut down his workouts and even cancelled a workout with the Nets on Wednesday. The workout was supposed to be top secret, but word quickly leaked out to us from two separate and independent sources. With the NBA finals in the books and teams being free to make trades once again, the stage could be set for the Blazers to pull off a much anticipated trade with the Lakers that would send the #3 pick to Los Angeles. The Lakers would use the #3 to take either the logical pick, Chris Paul ,or Kupchack’s favorite, Gerald Green. Portland would take Andrew Bynum, maybe pick up Caron Butler on the way, and dump a bad contract like Ruben Patterson in the process in return for Chucky Atkins’ ending contract.

Just think about it, they know he hasnt worked out for teams above 9 except NO. They have, RIGHT now the chance to pick anyone outside of Williams and Bogut, they ALREADY have 3 CENTERS in PRZ Ratliff and HA, but they choose to go this route. they kNOW that teasm havent seen him in shape, so how can anyone draft him based on the unknown? If you are going on the information you have by watching MCD, it's false because he was 30-40 pds over weight and hurt. But alas, it wont happen for us!
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/24/2005  10:33 AM
thats a good point... a team with 3 centers (one signed for big money) is really looking at this kid is just another light going off. The fact that they can pick anyone on the board but are all over this kid says something.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/24/2005  10:58 AM
I have a feeling that Portland will demand for one of the Lakers 2nd rd pick this year as well which is either the 37th or 39th pick.

This would be a great move for Portland.

Like any other rumored or actual trades, I always look at how this affects my NY Knicks.

Lakers - It looks like Phil is trying to re-create the Bulls structure when he did not have a dominant big man. Which means he needs another lockdown and long guard to emulate Harper's spot. He needs a STUD rebounder in the mold of Horace Grant/Rodman and a servicable center. He has the center in Mihm. He has the rebounder in Grant. He needs that other guard to lockdown the opposing PG so Kobe and Gerald Greene can play gthe passing lanes. We have a player that can fill that bill in Ariza. A trio of Kobe, Greene and Ariza would be a nightmare. Would you do a TT, Ariza for Odom, Medvedenko? This would be tough for me since I am an Ariza fan.

Portland - With Caron Butler in the lineup, they no longer need Darius Miles. He is a malcontent and needs to be shipped out of Portland. He is a BYC player which expires Aug 31st. This means the likely trade would be done on Sept 1st. They would need a guard and Crawford fits that bill. His contact is also pretty close to Miles so this would be a good fit contract wise, with possible contract fillers needed. He is also a good friend of Q.

I don't think I would do either trade, but I think Zeke would do both trades. And with Frye becoming a virtual lock for the 8th pick our lineup would be as follows...

C-Frye
PF-Odom
SF-Miles
SG-Q
PG-Marbury

Bench - Sweetney, Rose, JYD, Butler, Medvedenko, 30th pick(Guard), 54th pick

We become the Suns East.
edsonline
Member: #735
6/24/2005  11:02 AM
Ratliff is washed up. Pryzbilla could leave as a UFA next summer. It's smart to consider Bynum at 10, giving Lakers Green at 3. Unlike everyone on Bynum's d!ck, I don't care if we take another C besides him, just get a damn C. So Frye is fine with me. And if Frye is gone and Isiah takes Bynum at 8 (seriously doubt it) he better be right, cuz if it doesn't work out it will look like the Raptors Araujo pick at 8 last year by BabCOCK, and that moron should be fired. Bynum all over on mocks, highest has him going at 10, which leds some creditbility to rumors of Green to Lakers via Portland and pick 10. I give that far more credibility than anything posted on a forum. Look at all of the stupid crap that has been posted on just this board alone. If he goes that high good for Bynum. Bad thing is that he's going to the Blazers who are a mess with nut cases and haven't been making too many good decisions lately.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/24/2005  11:06 AM
If Bynum stopped working out for Knicks & Toronto at 8 & 7, why would he agree to be picked at 10 and go to Portland?

He's loosing money on his contract and potential money from endorsements (NYC not Toronto!)

I think Portland is thinking about taking him with their pick.

That they have some other centers doesn't matter- they'll bring him along slowly- perhaps in the NBDL for all of next season. They'll tank again & add another young star to go with Telfair and Bynum.

Portland is looking at building a championship team and they know they can't buy it today, but they can invest and have it tomorrow. Unlike Dolan, Allen (their owner) could think that fans their are smart enough to see a true effort at building a champion.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/24/2005  11:09 AM
i dont think we are getting bynum.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2005  11:35 AM
Posted by franco12:

If Bynum stopped working out for Knicks & Toronto at 8 & 7, why would he agree to be picked at 10 and go to Portland?

He's loosing money on his contract and potential money from endorsements (NYC not Toronto!)

That they have some other centers doesn't matter- they'll bring him along slowly- perhaps in the NBDL for all of next season. They'll tank again & add another young star to go with Telfair and Bynum.

Portland is looking at building a championship team and they know they can't buy it today, but they can invest and have it tomorrow. Unlike Dolan, Allen (their owner) could think that fans their are smart enough to see a true effort at building a champion.

Why did Channing Frye stop working out for teams? he had an invite at Charlotte?

Its a simple deduction. Bynum is a better long term prospect than Channing frye, there is no doubt in my mind. Its not that he is 3 inches taller, a better athlete and dwarfs Frye physically, its the burgeoning skills that go along with the package.. If he had no skills, of course you dont pick him. But he does and hes HUGE, still growing and athletic. He s a real C and Channing is a tweener, in fact everything about Channing says average to me. he is not physically imposing, he's an average athlete, hes got weak legs, he dissapears and doesnt bring it every night, lacks intensity. You know what--he bought his lotto ticket with 8-10 games in his last year going against teams with no bigs. Show me the quality big player he went against the last 10 games.

If ytou want more, go out on the net and read what MANY the HUGE majority of people --what they say about Channing, and keep it to a west coast perspective--read game forums on ASU AZ--go read, Frye is SOFT. So he was tough on Roger Powell and swatted his shot 5 times? so what the guy is 6-5!

when those caloric drinks wear off and his body comes back down to 235
thats who we have for our C, a porous rebounding, over-rated shot blcking softie tweener.

the Knicks always have to do things for the now, it has to be now, we have to get mo taylor malik rose now, we need Q now, we have to get the most ready draftee C now, although projecting out, he may not be the best, but thats for the Knicks to find out.
RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
6/24/2005  11:36 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:

Just think about it, they know he hasnt worked out for teams above 9 except NO. They have, RIGHT now the chance to pick anyone outside of Williams and Bogut, they ALREADY have 3 CENTERS in PRZ Ratliff and HA, but they choose to go this route. they kNOW that teasm havent seen him in shape, so how can anyone draft him based on the unknown? If you are going on the information you have by watching MCD, it's false because he was 30-40 pds over weight and hurt. But alas, it wont happen for us!
Briggs, are you saying that Portland will take Bynum for the Lakers, then trade him. That makes sense if Portland is really not going to take Green. I guess they figure that either Webster or Wright will be there. Toronto and NY could screw them up badly. The Knicks should insert themselves into this and screw Portland. Toronto will take a swingman with their pick more than likely. I know Nash liked Webster, and Wright alot. Someone is dropping, and if these rumors about Utah taking Frye are true, the Knicks will have to become creative.
Pharzeone
6/24/2005  11:42 AM
If Portland and the Lakers got something worked out then there is nothing the Knicks can do. I can't see how you can throw them under the bus. I mean if he goes #3, then God Bless. You would have to be Dido to have seen that. He comes from scouts not thinking he should be in the draft, to late 1st round, to maybe lottery, to mid lottery, and now top 3. This is probably the best and fastest rise in draft history.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/24/2005  11:43 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by franco12:

Why did Channing Frye stop working out for teams? he had an invite at Charlotte?

Its a simple deduction. Bynum is a better long term prospect than Channing frye, there is no doubt in my mind. Its not that he is 3 inches taller, a better athlete and dwarfs Frye physically, its the burgeoning skills that go along with the package.. If he had no skills, of course you dont pick him. But he does and hes HUGE, still growing and athletic. He s a real C and Channing is a tweener, in fact everything about Channing says average to me. he is not physically imposing, he's an average athlete, hes got weak legs, he dissapears and doesnt bring it every night, lacks intensity. You know what--he bought his lotto ticket with 8-10 games in his last year going against teams with no bigs. Show me the quality big player he went against the last 10 games.

If ytou want more, go out on the net and read what MANY the HUGE majority of people --what they say about Channing, and keep it to a west coast perspective--read game forums on ASU AZ--go read, Frye is SOFT. So he was tough on Roger Powell and swatted his shot 5 times? so what the guy is 6-5!

when those caloric drinks wear off and his body comes back down to 235
thats who we have for our C, a porous rebounding, over-rated shot blcking softie tweener.

the Knicks always have to do things for the now, it has to be now, we have to get mo taylor malik rose now, we need Q now, we have to get the most ready draftee C now, although projecting out, he may not be the best, but thats for the Knicks to find out.

couldn't have said it better myself. everyone I know hates Frye and that includes Arizona fans and west coast fans in general. They all say the same things about him and how he's as soft as soft gets for a bigman. And I've heard countless Arizona fans say that he's not much better than Loren Woods. If we draft Frye as high as 8 when he should be the 20th pick or so for a team in need of a serviceable center we will have drafted the biggest bust in the lottery!

Isiah is not Layden so I'm confident he won't draft him but is misleading other teams by mentioning him.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/24/2005 12:07:40]
Andrew Bynum works out for Portland ag

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy