Author Thread
manilaballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #521
Philippines
6/24/2005  8:17 PM
Posted by diderotn:

You all are insane....

If I had to start a team right now, TD would be the first I pick, KG second, McHale third...

In my opinin, my man Karl is not near as talented as KG/TD OR Mchale

TD = soft
KG = unproven, not yet a winner
McHale = blackhole, unbelievable ball hog his team mates were one of the greatest all time...

I'd pick the Mailman at his prime for his overall superiority: inside/outside game, could run the break, decent on-ball and team defense, decent passer, high basketball IQ and most of all toughness (definitely one of the toughest players ever). I've never been a Karl Malone fan, but if I had a team I'd like him on it!

Ok, I think Duncan (He's a Forward/Center anyway) is way above Malone in terms of basketball talent and ability. But who do you choose when your back's against the wall against bruising, tough competition?
KNICKS 2006
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/24/2005  8:30 PM
Posted by manilaballer:
Posted by diderotn:

You all are insane....

If I had to start a team right now, TD would be the first I pick, KG second, McHale third...

In my opinin, my man Karl is not near as talented as KG/TD OR Mchale

TD = soft
KG = unproven, not yet a winner
McHale = blackhole, unbelievable ball hog his team mates were one of the greatest all time...

I'd pick the Mailman at his prime for his overall superiority: inside/outside game, could run the break, decent on-ball and team defense, decent passer, high basketball IQ and most of all toughness (definitely one of the toughest players ever). I've never been a Karl Malone fan, but if I had a team I'd like him on it!

Ok, I think Duncan (He's a Forward/Center anyway) is way above Malone in terms of basketball talent and ability. But who do you choose when your back's against the wall against bruising, tough competition?

Duncan.

Malone's next clutch game will be his first.
manilaballer
Member: #521
Philippines
6/24/2005  8:39 PM
Oh, one more thing. Karl was still getting it done even when he was what... sixty years old??!!

To Panos: I will NEVER take KG over TD. That boy KG wastes too much time and energy talking, but hasn't won anything yet. What do you mean TD doesn't dominate?? Most often when he got the ball down low in the series he either made a shot or got fouled! If doubled he passed quite well to open shooters (what more can you ask for?). He did that against the best defensive frontcourt in the game today. Defensively he's an excellent shotblocker, great lowpost defender and plays good help "D". Yes, he changes shots when opposition drive the lane. That's pretty dominant.

Btw, I think that's where the confusion lies: the word "DOMINATE". If that means "I have to handle the ball at EVERY possesion and take 30+ FGs a game", then maybe TD isn't "Dominant".

Tim Duncan dominates games without screaming a lot, pumping fists and hogging the ball.

But I still say Karl Malone
KNICKS 2006
OldFan
Member: #446
6/24/2005  9:40 PM
Posted by Panos:

I'm not asking this to be an azz, now, I really want to know,
cuz personally I just don't see it. Can a really supporter of
Tim Duncan REALLY convince me that he is one of the best of all
time? I just don't see it in his game. I mean he's a great guy,
dependable, but I'm never really all THAT impressed. Rarely see
him dominate a game, be unstoppable. Somebody convince me.

Barkley could dominate a game. KG, Karl Malone, too.
Why is everybody head over heels for Tim?

Best player on a team that's won multiple championships.

Name one player who did that who isn't considered one of the best.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/24/2005  11:02 PM
Tim Duncan is a combination of size and agility. He's not the strongest power forward in the league and he certainly isn't the quickest. Its the unsettling combination that makes him difficult to guard. He makes you give just enough ground on his drop step so he can bump you off and rise for a jump hook. He can't fake you out or beat you off the dribble consistently, he just uses his leverage to dink a shot over you.

That said, I think he is fortunate because he usually plays against undersized competition. And when he went up against real competition (i.e. the Wallaces) in this series, he was embarassed frequently. This Spurs championship was unlike the the prior two, Duncan was not close to being an unstoppable offensive force. Maybe his ankles were bothering him, but he looked a step slow.

This year, I think Duncan could have been replaced by a host of PFs while keeping the Spurs a championship team. Duncan has looked like the best in the past, but most definitely not in this year's playoffs.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
rojasmas
Member: #639
6/25/2005  12:59 AM
It would have been interesting to see if Duncan won this year if he faced the Heat and Shaq. He hasn't fared well against the Big Aristotle. If Wade doesn't get hurt, the Heat go to the Finals.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/25/2005  1:03 AM
Posted by rojasmas:

It would have been interesting to see if Duncan won this year if he faced the Heat and Shaq. He hasn't fared well against the Big Aristotle. If Wade doesn't get hurt, the Heat go to the Finals.

What a shame Wade went down, because if he would've been healthy, the Pistons would've proved you wrong...
Knicks_Fan
The best PF ever?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy