[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Have I been wrong about my predictions so far??????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  7:50 AM
hell no. Last season, I predicted that JYD would have been a Knick and it has happened. Granted, I didn't want Crawfford from the Bulls, but that is the price you pay after all. I called for the release of Lenny, and suddenly he left the organization for personal reasons. I have been calling for Kurt and Houston to be either traded or released, now it is looking more and more like it will happen.

Next....this is what I want to see: Herb out of town, TT and Penny traded, Okur in N.Y., Frye and Petro drafted, and Laimbeer as our head coach...It will happen...believe me.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/24/2005  8:07 AM
Posted by diderotn:

hell no. Last season, I predicted that JYD would have been a Knick and it has happened. Granted, I didn't want Crawfford from the Bulls, but that is the price you pay after all. I called for the release of Lenny, and suddenly he left the organization for personal reasons. I have been calling for Kurt and Houston to be either traded or released, now it is looking more and more like it will happen.

Next....this is what I want to see: Herb out of town, TT and Penny traded, Okur in N.Y., Frye and Petro drafted, and Laimbeer as our head coach...It will happen...believe me.
Petro isn't even on the knicks top 10 big men list so I highly doubt he gets picked by us unless hes there at 30.

Frye was #2 and Bynum was #3, so lets hope for Bynum and not be mad at Frye.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/24/2005  8:20 AM
Posted by diderotn:

A regular freaking Miss Cleo we gotz here!
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  8:21 AM
Call me what you want, but I speak the truth...Even a blind could see what direction that the Knicks needed to go, and Isiah is doing just that. Laimbeer is the final piece to the puzzle.

Posted by Nalod:
Posted by diderotn:

A regular freaking Miss Cleo we gotz here!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/24/2005  8:37 AM
The one thing, I would like about Laimbeer coaching would be that he would have a young team to mold. As a player, Laimbeer was as tough and hard working as they come. He would instill that in the young players on this team. He would be teaching D and team Offense. Very important for a young team. Not a horrible choice.

Overall, i still like Herb. I like his style and he is a highly intelligent person.

To be most perfectly honest though, the perfect coach for this team now would be......LARRY BROWN. No doubt about it. For the same reasons, I mentioned above but Larry Brown has forgotten more about HOOPS than Laimbeer ever knew.

I would get LB if possible and hire Laimbeer as his head assistant with the stipulation that Laimbeer takes over in 2 years. Aguirre and Suhr stay too.
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  8:43 AM
I like that a lot...Larry Brown is the perfect mentor for a guy like Marburry who has had problems last season distinguishing when to take over a game...he did a masterful job with AI and Billups, and I know for fact that Marb is a much better student than those two. However, Larry has too good of a deal waiting for him in Cleveland....Laimbeer is the next best thing...Herb has yet to prove that he has the savvy to turn this Knicks team into a good one. Do you realize that Herb has been with this organization as a coach for more than 8 years????

Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

The one thing, I would like about Laimbeer coaching would be that he would have a young team to mold. As a player, Laimbeer was as tough and hard working as they come. He would instill that in the young players on this team. He would be teaching D and team Offense. Very important for a young team. Not a horrible choice.

Overall, i still like Herb. I like his style and he is a highly intelligent person.

To be most perfectly honest though, the perfect coach for this team now would be......LARRY BROWN. No doubt about it. For the same reasons, I mentioned above but Larry Brown has forgotten more about HOOPS than Laimbeer ever knew.

I would get LB if possible and hire Laimbeer as his head assistant with the stipulation that Laimbeer takes over in 2 years. Aguirre and Suhr stay too.
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  9:16 AM
I like Phoenix, but they will not be nearly as successful as they were this season. They will not make it past the 1st round next season. Dallas will be much better, Portland will be better, LA will be better, and look out for Denver, they will be a power house. Nash is good, but teams will figure out how to stop him. I think that San Antonion has showed the blue print of how to stop him.
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  9:46 AM
there are too many stupid rumors out there...Now it is being reported that Toronto is hot for Frye...I can't wait for Tuesday.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/24/2005  10:47 AM
Posted by diderotn:

there are too many stupid rumors out there...Now it is being reported that Toronto is hot for Frye...I can't wait for Tuesday.

If thats the case, guess who's the next best big man in the Knicks list?
Knicks_Fan
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  11:39 AM
Taft

Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by diderotn:

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
6/24/2005  11:42 AM
You predicted that if Lenny was fired that the Knicks would turn it around. HAHAHAHAHA!!!
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  11:45 AM
I did, but I called for Agwire to lead the team not Herb. Once I heard Herb's name, I got very sick
Posted by eViL:

You predicted that if Lenny was fired that the Knicks would turn it around. HAHAHAHAHA!!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/24/2005  11:48 AM
I'll call it a mute point right now. I also recall some predictions including TT having a breakout year and that we will definately get #2 or #3 in the draft.
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  11:54 AM
yeah yeah yeah....so what, but my calls have been at the least 70% correct.

Posted by MaTT4281:

I'll call it a mute point right now. I also recall some predictions including TT having a breakout year and that we will definately get #2 or #3 in the draft.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/24/2005  11:59 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Taft

Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by diderotn:

Actually.... its Bynum...
Knicks_Fan
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
6/24/2005  12:00 PM
Posted by diderotn:

great, after you praise yourself, you call for some pretty illogical moves.
Herb out of town... only if a better coach comes along
TT and Penny traded... of course, everyone who is sane will look for that move
Okur in NY... wtf? What do you see in him? I see someone who doesn't play inside as much as he should given his height, struggles on the defensive end, and who lacks athleticism and lateral mobility. I'd rather have KT start at center than him!
frye and petro drafted... both are risky, but so are most of the guys in this year's draft. I guess it would be an okay draft if we did it like that.
laimbeer as head coach... NO. Enough with Isiah's old connections and such. Instead of bringing in a WNBA coach with no NBA head coaching experience, why don't we get ourselves an experienced, high ability coach instead? Why do we again depend on the reputation of one of IT's old friends whose only merit is having been a tough, smart player in the NBA? I'd rather have herb over laimbeer. Let's stop switching coaches every year and get some stability into this organization.
http://allknicks.com
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  1:45 PM
Yes, Herb has to go...mainly because he has been with this organization for too danm long. If he was that good, the team would have responded to him immediately after Lenny's departure...If you think about it, Herb has been around since Van Gundy....Marburry played extremely hard for him and so did Kurt, but the outcome was even worst than Lenny's.

Okur is a decent player, he is very versatile...He plays inside and out, but needs someone like Larry Brown to bring it out of him. With Agwire, he may finally reach his potential. I wouldn't mind adding a guy like Illguskas in the mix, but given the contract that he might command, I would say away from him. What we really need in the front court is a big man that will accept the MLE while the big we get to draft get plenty of time to learn the game. That is why guys like: Hunter/Curry/James would make sense.

Laimbeer: is a hell of an upgrade over Herb or whomever else out there right now. Beside Nate or Silas, I don't think any of the coaches that are currently unemployed are better than Laimbeer. If someone didn't give Phil a chance, do you thing that he would own 9 rings right now? Laimbeer had a reputation as a player, and has a good reputation coaching a team to become champion in the female league. with proper talents around and true support from the front office, Laimbeer can get our ladies to finally play with balls. One thing is for sure, Laimbeer would have our newbies grow some real balls.
great, after you praise yourself, you call for some pretty illogical moves.
Herb out of town... only if a better coach comes along

Okur in NY... wtf? What do you see in him? I see someone who doesn't play inside as much as he should given his height, struggles on the defensive end, and who lacks athleticism and lateral mobility. I'd rather have KT start at center than him!

frye and petro drafted... both are risky, but so are most of the guys in this year's draft. I guess it would be an okay draft if we did it like that.

laimbeer as head coach... NO. Enough with Isiah's old connections and such. Instead of bringing in a WNBA coach with no NBA head coaching experience, why don't we get ourselves an experienced, high ability coach instead? Why do we again depend on the reputation of one of IT's old friends whose only merit is having been a tough, smart player in the NBA? I'd rather have herb over laimbeer. Let's stop switching coaches every year and get some stability into this organization.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
6/24/2005  1:57 PM
Dido, Okur already played for Brown. And Brown never played him big minutes because they never got along.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  1:58 PM
Actually, how many minutes can you get when Sheed and Ben are your front court starters?? not too many.

Posted by simrud:

Dido, Okur already played for Brown. And Brown never played him big minutes because they never got along.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/24/2005  2:19 PM
Posted by diderotn:

hell no. Last season, I predicted that JYD would have been a Knick and it has happened.

Big deal. I love JYD, but he was a throw in, to get him off Chicago's books. Isiah accepted him, but was not the point of that
deal.
Have I been wrong about my predictions so far??????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy