[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Poll

Author Poll
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
Do you support Isiah's trade of Kurt for Q-Rich and a conditional, lottery-protected future 1st rd pick?
Yes
No
Undecided
View Results

Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  7:32 AM
hell yeah
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/24/2005  7:40 AM
While I am not one to throw KT under the bus and blame him for the last 32 years of knick misfortune, or 9-11, I support this trade!

You rarely want to trade a big for a wing, and Q is certainly not the answer to our needs, but he is a servicable player who can contribute well and bring some star power with his wife also!
Redsoxrule
Member: #897
6/24/2005  7:42 AM
I made a column of good vs. bad points and it was decidedly in favor of the Knicks.
One cannot overlook what a good guy Q is in the clubhouse. He keeps everyone loose and has fun with practical jokes and storytelling. I think that improves our team chemistry alot since it was obvious that two scowlly-faced starters didn't like eachother last year.
I rate this trade an A-. Nice job, Isiah!
We will NEVER win with Marbury as our cameo guy.
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  7:45 AM
Yeah exactly, I talked about that in one of my early posts also..

Posted by Redsoxrule:

I made a column of good vs. bad points and it was decidedly in favor of the Knicks.
One cannot overlook what a good guy Q is in the clubhouse. He keeps everyone loose and has fun with practical jokes and storytelling. I think that improves our team chemistry alot since it was obvious that two scowlly-faced starters didn't like eachother last year.
I rate this trade an A-. Nice job, Isiah!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/24/2005  8:16 AM
There is no way to look at this as anything other than a great trade for us. We all knew KT was a good role player, but his role on our team was not what it needed to be. We got a young athletic palayer who still has upside but is currently averaging 15 and 6 AND we got a pick. You'd have to be blinded by hate for Isiah to not like this. This trade has obviously unbalanced our roster, but we have 2 picks, 2 expiring contracts, and a GM who can make a deal happen. We'll be fine by the time next season starts.

GREAT F.UCKING TRADE!!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2005  8:19 AM
good trade to help balance the roster. I would give it a B+ assuming its as reported. Until its announced be the league I'm taking us getting BACK a #1 with a grain of salt
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
USA
6/24/2005  8:47 AM
Posted by fishmike:

good trade to help balance the roster. I would give it a B+ assuming its as reported. Until its announced be the league I'm taking us getting BACK a #1 with a grain of salt
If this is a B+ then what would be a *reasonable* (i.e., don't say Kurt for KG) A- or A (but not necessarily A+) trade involving Kurt?
SKY
Member: #687
USA
6/24/2005  8:50 AM
Undecided.

Kurt is a good player, or a great player for a right team needing what he has to offer.

We got younger and got a G/F to balance our roster, but Q-Rich has been Jamal Crawford with more rebounds. Unless he can return to his old form of having shooting % in the low 40s and posting up more, we got nothing that we need. His FT attempt/game is so low at meager 2.4 times per game.

I need to see how he turns out and what Isiah does during this off season.
diderotn
USA
6/24/2005  8:51 AM
who cares about grading this trade?? I don't. the bottom line is this, we are now minus one PF and we have a chance at getting an excellent pick in 07. Given the fact that Kurt is the one mentioned as being traded, it gives it extra taste in my opinion. 7 or 8 years of failure with this franchise has warn me out as a fan.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
6/24/2005  8:58 AM
I like this trade, because it gets us younger. This is probably not the last trade Isiah will make this summer, and it should mean that we are definetly drafting a big man in the draft his year. Good start this off-season...
Bonn1997
USA
6/24/2005  9:02 AM
wow; who voted no and why? How much more should we have gotten for Kurt than Q and a 1st rd pick??

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/24/2005 09:03:38]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2005  9:30 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

If this is a B+ then what would be a *reasonable* (i.e., don't say Kurt for KG) A- or A (but not necessarily A+) trade involving Kurt?
An A trade? Camby + Nene for McDyess (from a Denver point of view) thats an A trade
getting Baron for Dale Davis
getting Sprewell for Starks

Pho gets a good player with no baggage that fills an important spot for them. KT had good value around the league. He never misses games, and every year he adds a little something.

This was a good trade for us... it gets us younger and helps balance the roster, but some of you guys are making this out to be a coup. Here's a guy who's shot under 40% for 3 years, doesnt really get to the line and didnt play a lick of D last year.

This wasnt genius though... Pho gets just as good a deal is we do. I give it a B.

If Isiah somehow gets Gasol for Penny, cash and a couple picks I will give him an A+ for that one.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickss208
Member: #796
6/24/2005  9:56 AM
HELL NO I DONT SUPPORT THIS TRADE! Q sucks on defense and shoots a horrible percentage (LIKE JAMAL CRAWFORD). Kurt was a solid double double guy and I would love to hear who is going to replace his consistency. Unless there is some amazing trading made for front court players, I am completely lost on this trade and the potential for the future.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
6/24/2005  10:44 AM
I've voted No because I would rather have traded KT and gotten a pick this year.

Now- might Isiah have tried to get a pick this year and been rebuffed? That's the answer I don't know that would change my vote.
Bonn1997
USA
6/24/2005  10:51 AM
Posted by franco12:

I've voted No because I would rather have traded KT and gotten a pick this year.

Now- might Isiah have tried to get a pick this year and been rebuffed? That's the answer I don't know that would change my vote.
Of course you'd assume he asked for their #21. Why wouldn't he? But Q is better than most guys who go in the mid of the 1st rd. So, I'd prefer having him to taking a gamble on a kid with pick 16 or something like that.

I could easily see Isiah packaging pick #30 this year and the future Suns pick and $3 mil to move up to around pick #18 this year.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
6/24/2005  10:59 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by franco12:

Of course you'd assume he asked for their #21. Why wouldn't he? But Q is better than most guys who go in the mid of the 1st rd. So, I'd prefer having him to taking a gamble on a kid with pick 16 or something like that.

I could easily see Isiah packaging pick #30 this year and the future Suns pick and $3 mil to move up to around pick #18 this year.

I'm not saying he should have gotten their pick this year, just that if he had traded KT he would have done something similar to Weatherspoon & Houston's 1st rounder- something along those lines.

Q is nice and young, but this year's draft would seem to have a lot of wing players- I'd have been happy rolling the dice with one of them. But, like fish said on another post, this is a deal that we didn't get hosed on.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/24/2005  11:05 AM
Undecided. Do we really need another chucker with no D? The conditional 1st round pick is good though.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/24/2005  12:15 PM
definitely liked this trade.

what we got: a 25 year old combo G/F who can shoot from the perimeter, post up smaller players & rebound w/a very reasonable contract in today's market

what we lost: a 33 year old undersized PF who's become strictly a perimeter player & can't guard players who are mobile & run the floor

what's not to like? we have capable veterans who can jump into KT's role & fill it just as well...plus we still have the #8 pick & the MLE to add more size, which is exactly what i see Isiah's plan as being right now.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Masterplan
Member: #362
6/24/2005  1:22 PM
i'm on board with this trade. for me, an A+ would have been getting josh howard and a pick for KT, he's more of a complete player, but Q at least gets a B+/A- especially if we bring in the pick.

even though in general you don't trade big for small, you also want to trade old for young, getting the pick in the deal only helps that aspect of the deal. if we thought allan houston would mesh with marbury and crawford, Q will only fill that role better, and he's like what a decade younger?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/24/2005  2:00 PM
I support this trade, but Isiah HAS to make some follow up moves, b/c we just can't escape with the frontcourt we have NOW. If it's through the draft to improve the future, strictly and the expense of this coming season, then that's fine. If it's by trade to get a young big man like Dalembert to improve the present and future, then that's also fine. But either way, until the frontcourt is upgraded, it's a step back.

I still support the trade though, b/c I really like what Q brings, and I think he has a much higher ceiling than Jamal Crawford AND Marbury at shooting guard b/c of his height and body. He needs to work on that D though.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Trade Poll

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy