Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
5/7/2002  2:31 PM
Grant Hill + Patrick Ewing
for
Latrell Sprewell + Othella Harrington

WHY NY DOES IT:
NY takes a gamble on Grant Hill (one of the best guards of our time). Pat Ewing as a backup for Camby. Hill if he returns (and he will) healthy WILL be better than Spree.

WHY ORLANDO DOES IT:
They have done without Hill since they got him. Plus Sprees contract expires in 3 years in comparisons to Hills 5 years. Hill is a SF just like Tracy they need a SG. Spree is healthy and Othella is great off the bench, plus Horace is retiring and they need more physical players (why the heck did they trade Outlaw). They werent going to resign Pat anyway. It take some of the guess work out of next season.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/7/2002  2:34 PM
We can get more for sprwell, like Picks and younger cheaper unproven players with potential without the risk of Grant Hill and his bad ankles and Ewing and his bad everything....good try..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
falcindor
USA
5/7/2002  3:02 PM
I guess u want:

ricky davis + Lamond murray
for
Spree.

AINT HAPPENING!!!!

please you wont get picks for Spree unless u take horrible contract like Chroshere. Spree isnt elite dont get it twisted.
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/7/2002  3:35 PM
Posted by falcindor:

I guess u want:

ricky davis + Lamond murray
for
Spree.

AINT HAPPENING!!!!

please you wont get picks for Spree unless u take horrible contract like Chroshere. Spree isnt elite dont get it twisted.
At this point i'd do Ricky Davis + Lamond Murray + Person for Harrington and Houston.
falcindor
USA
5/7/2002  3:41 PM
NOBODY will take Houston. His salary ballons every year. In 4 years his check will be 23mil
tkf
5/7/2002  3:43 PM
Falcindor: No I don't have it twisted Bro.. I know for a fact that spree has more value than a 30 year old guy with a 90 million dollar contract that hasn't played in 2 years and has a career threatining ankle injury!! Spree is in his prime a allstar calibre player and has a friendly contract that runs out in 2 years..teams LOve that and we can get value for that!! Screw Ricky Davis and Murray, I don'w want murray especially..He is a Bum!!! But you package spree along with another player like tothella and Kt and you can get a player and a mid to late 1st round pick.... I DON'T WANT GRANT HILL!!! Tell me why would you want to take a chance on a guy who's injury is that serious and he is making a mint, and might not ever play again... ??
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/7/2002  5:10 PM
If the best you can do for Spree is any of the above, then don't trade him.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
USA
5/7/2002  5:31 PM
If you trade him for a pick you also have to recieve 11mil in garbage contracts in return.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/7/2002  6:08 PM
Why trade him for a pick? None of this makes any senes. Saying Grant Hill is one of the best guards of the time is incredible considering he's never won an NBA Finals, never been to the NBA Finals or Conference Finals, never won an MVP. Come on bro, you're dreaming.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
USA
5/7/2002  6:20 PM
In his time I meant. From when he came into the league he was maybe the 3 rd best player.

1. Jordan of course
2. Shaq
3. Hill

Out of sight, out of mind. We hardly seen him play in 3 years it hard for people to remember how good he is.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
5/7/2002  7:54 PM
Posted by falcindor:

In his time I meant. From when he came into the league he was maybe the 3 rd best player.

1. Jordan of course
2. Shaq
3. Hill

Out of sight, out of mind. We hardly seen him play in 3 years it hard for people to remember how good he is.
When he was on Detroit and when he was healthy he was playing like Jason Kidd, I remember all the triple doubles he would have...but I'm not sure if it's worth taking the risk with his health....
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
killacross
Member: #58
USA
5/7/2002  9:42 PM
as much as i would love it if we could get grant... Do you really think that we would want to send Spree and orlando would want to send grant to another team in their division??? IF that trade did go through both players would have the potential to raise their games to another level. Spree would finally beable to play the 2 where he is one of the best sg's in the league. And before grant was injured he was one of if not the best player in the league, but his health is too big of a question mark for us to risk.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
tkf
5/7/2002  11:54 PM
Posted by falcindor:

If you trade him for a pick you also have to recieve 11mil in garbage contracts in return.

thats right but you want short term garbage contracts that expire soon clearing up cap space in a couple of years to try to go after the Duncan's and Garnetts... And the Pick..never underestimate the value of Picks especially 1st round picks. We need to get younger, more cap manageable and more talented!!!
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/8/2002  2:54 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by falcindor:

thats right but you want short term garbage contracts that expire soon clearing up cap space in a couple of years to try to go after the Duncan's and Garnetts... And the Pick..never underestimate the value of Picks especially 1st round picks. We need to get younger, more cap manageable and more talented!!!

Forget about free-agency until at least 2006. Unless we magically can get rid of Houston, Anderson and Eisley's contract...
tkf
5/8/2002  12:32 PM
Posted by VG:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by falcindor:

Forget about free-agency until at least 2006. Unless we magically can get rid of Houston, Anderson and Eisley's contract...

True but you have to start somewhere, I am also assuming you can dump those long term deals with good players like Spree and Kt and Camby....
Grant Hill comes to NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy