[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Now a Boozer trade is IMPERATIVE!!!!
Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
6/23/2005  9:03 PM
You think Sweetney can be counted on for 17 and 10? I see a guy who is overweight and foul prone, which will make him very inconsistent and unlikely to put up those kind of numbers. As for getting a PF from the draft who will walk in and start, don't count on it. The fact is, KT was valuable for rebounds and stability. It could get worse before it gets better without him.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/24/2005  12:19 AM
Sweetney is the next most tradable Knick. Dont be surprised if he is gone come draft night
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/24/2005  12:27 AM
Posted by rojasmas:

You think Sweetney can be counted on for 17 and 10? I see a guy who is overweight and foul prone, which will make him very inconsistent and unlikely to put up those kind of numbers. As for getting a PF from the draft who will walk in and start, don't count on it. The fact is, KT was valuable for rebounds and stability. It could get worse before it gets better without him.

Oh please spare me the crap about things being worse with out KT. It was bad when he started and its only going to get better with him gone. As for Sweetney he almost put up the same numbers as KT from the bench.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/24/2005  12:35 AM
Sweet is still kind of a chub. We need Pfs that can run. Guys like JYD and Rose aren't stars, but they are the kind of guys that can run. We need athletic bigs that Mark Aguirre can work with. IT has made NY a big man training camp, to a certain extent. Nazy was the first product... the idea seems to be to draft or sign big young guys, show them how to move their feet and work the hi/lo block and then ship them out for a draft pick and underachieving big. Sweets is just about ready to go. Butler should be ready by January. As long as we get a young player/draft pick and another big man to teach, I would trade any of these guys. I say IT drafts two big men in the draft. Frye, Bynum, Blatche, Taft, etc... if Aguirre can work with either Boozer or Damps... they are welcome to me...
This is the Randle.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  7:23 AM
I wouldn't mind keeping Sweet around, but we have to find us a stellar front line player to provide whatever Sweet can't contribute. One thing is for sure, Isiah is trying....Frye is fundamentally ready, but physically he may not be....82 games is different than the 30 games they play in college...

Get a FA center to share that position with Frye and don't be affraid to start the young kid....
The true Knickabocker..........
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/24/2005  10:09 AM
I think we unless we can get Boozer w/o giving up the 8, I trade Sweets for Wilcox, and use him at C....draft Turiaf and maybe Schenser or Daniel Ewing in round 2.

Wilcox/Hunter(MLE)
Turiaf/Butler/Rose
Graham/Ariza/JYD
Marbruy/Q/Crawford
~You can't run from who you are.~
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/24/2005  10:25 AM
I can see really see Zeke going after Boozer soon, But If Zeke wants to make a duplicate Suns team, then he will go after Stromile Swift
rojasmas
Member: #639
6/24/2005  1:50 PM
For anyone who thinks Sweetney is some guarenteed double/double man think again. Like KT or not, and I didn't love him and thought he was kind of soft, when was the last time he blocked a shot or dunked?, he did give you numbers. Sweetney is gifted around the basket I'll give you that, but he has major deficiencies as well. But if we are going to start Sweetney, then forget about the uptempo style and bring in Z from Cleveland.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2005  1:54 PM
You know why I am not worried, it is because we have Isiah in town. We have a tone of scenarios that might unfold from now til the trade deadline next year. We will have a true shot blocker for next season, and we will have a true front court. Now, my only concern with Isiah is coaching...He has made some horrendous decisions when it comes to picking a coach...I hope that he finally sees that Laimbeer is the way to go....
The true Knickabocker..........
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/24/2005  2:13 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

keep it simpler:

tim + #8 for boozer + #6

but i think this is his next move and why he moved kurt now. i think boozer is a knick as of next tuesday night.
Yeah this works.

Granger at 6 tho. I don't care what our needs are, let all these wings battle it out and trade who we are not keeping to fill out our front court. This is the best way to do it. YOu don't take a big at 6 and there are none projected to be that good at 6.
I think Green and Granger will be gone at 3 and 4. Chad has Frye going #6 to Utah. If I am 99.9% sure that Frye will get drafted by the Knicks. Moving up the board is just making sure that it happens
Green will not be selected at 3 if the Blazers are picking there. Nash already has problems with him and his agent, and he likes both Wright and Webster just as much.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/24/2005  2:18 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

keep it simpler:

tim + #8 for boozer + #6

but i think this is his next move and why he moved kurt now. i think boozer is a knick as of next tuesday night.
Yeah this works.

Granger at 6 tho. I don't care what our needs are, let all these wings battle it out and trade who we are not keeping to fill out our front court. This is the best way to do it. YOu don't take a big at 6 and there are none projected to be that good at 6.
I think Green and Granger will be gone at 3 and 4. Chad has Frye going #6 to Utah. If I am 99.9% sure that Frye will get drafted by the Knicks. Moving up the board is just making sure that it happens
Green will not be selected at 3 if the Blazers are picking there. Nash already has problems with him and his agent, and he likes both Wright and Webster just as much.

you must've missed the recent report that Green finally workout with them and they liked what they saw as opposed to other draftees
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2005  2:28 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

For anyone who thinks Sweetney is some guarenteed double/double man think again. Like KT or not, and I didn't love him and thought he was kind of soft, when was the last time he blocked a shot or dunked?, he did give you numbers.

i don't get this. in 19.6 mins a game last season, he averaged 8.4 points, and 5.4 rebounds. how does that not translate to double double if given 35 mins a night?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/24/2005  2:33 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by rojasmas:

For anyone who thinks Sweetney is some guarenteed double/double man think again. Like KT or not, and I didn't love him and thought he was kind of soft, when was the last time he blocked a shot or dunked?, he did give you numbers.

i don't get this. in 19.6 mins a game last season, he averaged 8.4 points, and 5.4 rebounds. how does that not translate to double double if given 35 mins a night?

to be fair, there's a reason he only averaged 19.6 mpg...he gets into early foul trouble, his conditioning is poor, & he has lapses on the defensive end...you can't simply project a guy's #'s over a shorter stretch & assume he's going to put up a double double if given more minutes.

[Edited by - TMS on 06/24/2005 14:34:42]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/24/2005  2:36 PM
why get boozer if he's not sloans kind of guy?

who has the better track record- Boozer in year 3 or sloan who's been around the game for what, 30 years?

My point is if Boozer doesn't work the way Sloan wants, what does that say about him?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2005  2:41 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by rojasmas:

to be fair, there's a reason he only averaged 19.6 mpg...he gets into early foul trouble, his conditioning is poor, & he has lapses on the defensive end...you can't simply project a guy's #'s over a shorter stretch & assume he's going to put up a double double if given more minutes.

i understand that TMS but there's MANY times he was just sitting on the bench with 2 fouls for a LONG LONG LONG time. i don't doubt it for one second that he's a double double guy. especially if they don't ask him to switch off on a pick and roll 30 ft from the basket.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/24/2005  2:44 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by rojasmas:

i understand that TMS but there's MANY times he was just sitting on the bench with 2 fouls for a LONG LONG LONG time. i don't doubt it for one second that he's a double double guy. especially if they don't ask him to switch off on a pick and roll 30 ft from the basket.

That's fair to say about him sitting with 2 fouls, and I think Sweets has the potential to be a double double kind of player- he might not average 10 boards like KT did, but I'd expect him to score more- something like a 14 & 9 guy
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/24/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Stevo718:

Personally I think Boozer is a little overrated.

I think if you are one Boozer trade away from turning your team into a championship team then you make the trade for him... otherwise I'b be a little more patient and wait for something better.
something better? What better player are you gonna get for Tim Thomas??

For once, Bonn, I think we're on the same page. Better than
Boozer for TT? I don't think so. (I'd trade him for zilch
for addition by subtraction). The only thing you might be able
to argue is that you don't want Boozer's contract, but don't tell
me you'll get a better player for him.

Now a Boozer trade is IMPERATIVE!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy