Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/23/2005  5:18 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by mattchless:

OVERRATED
With Thomas gone we have nobody on that front line. Maybe Boozer is a little overrated but I rather have him that having Rose playing pf and Sweetney playing center
Me too, but a center he is not. He does not fill that hole. We NEED a center!
MLE
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/23/2005  5:19 PM
I just see no validity in why the Utah Jazz would trade Carlos Boozer.

Right now they have, arguably, the best young forward tandem in the league with Boozer and AK (Anthony and KMart; Prince and Rasheed; Joe Johnson and Amare are the only ones I can think of that are better).

They have a legitimate franchise player in Kirilenko, they're in love with 2 players, from what I've read -- Granger, Deron Williams.

Why are they going to trade DOWN? That makes no sense. They can stay put and get Granger. Add in Memo and Harpring and that's a very solid team, if it weren't for AK's injury last year they wouldn't've been a lotto team.

PLUS, they're trading Boozer for what? CAP SPACE. In Utah? Nobody wants to play in Utah. This just makes no sense, their cap situation isn't even that bad.

Logistically, it doesn't make any sense. Why trade down and trade their 2nd best player to get an expiring contract when nobody even likes playing in Utah, they wouldn't fare very well this upcoming year, giving them a lotto pick in what will probably be the weakest draft in years with all of the early entries and the new age limit?

I can see the Knicks making a deal at the trade deadline, giving up an expiring contract to a team struggling, maybe to the Clips for Elton Brand, but at this point, this trade makes ZERO sense for Utah, especially the one involving Harpring. They trade their 2nd and 3rd best players AND move down 2 spots to get an expiring contract, when nobody likes playing in your city.

No way, not happening.
#Knickstaps
Stevo718
Member: #559
6/23/2005  5:31 PM
Personally I think Boozer is a little overrated.

I think if you are one Boozer trade away from turning your team into a championship team then you make the trade for him... otherwise I'b be a little more patient and wait for something better.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/23/2005  5:38 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

I think if you are one Boozer trade away from turning your team into a championship team then you make the trade for him... otherwise I'b be a little more patient and wait for something better.
something better? What better player are you gonna get for Tim Thomas??
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/23/2005  6:01 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Stevo718:

$12m in cap space so one day I might be able to offer a FA deal to LeBron?

With KT gone, Sweets & Taylor and JYD and Rose can man the 4 fine.

We need a center- what about Okur? Aren't they regretting that deal?

And what about your man Pau? I wouldn't give up 8 for him, but I'd rather him as an undersized 5 than Boozer.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/23/2005  6:09 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

keep it simpler:

tim + #8 for boozer + #6

but i think this is his next move and why he moved kurt now. i think boozer is a knick as of next tuesday night.
Yeah this works.

Granger at 6 tho. I don't care what our needs are, let all these wings battle it out and trade who we are not keeping to fill out our front court. This is the best way to do it. YOu don't take a big at 6 and there are none projected to be that good at 6.

exactly!
gunsnewing
USA
6/23/2005  6:10 PM
Posted by mattchless:

I effing HATE Carlos Boozer...yuck...do NOT want him here.

Boozer will do really well with Marbury's penetration. The same way he benefited from Lebron's penetration
gunsnewing
USA
6/23/2005  6:14 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I might add that a boozer trade isn't imperative, but that a trade for a center is imperative. We have 1.2 million PF's already, we need a center. I would take Boozer, this trade would help us, but we need a center even after this trade.

I would gladly Settle for Illgaukus and Larry Brown but I rather have Boozer since he's younger, much less of an injury risk & a better scorer/rebounder inside. Bynum, Blatche, Taft & Morris will take care of the Center position. Or Kwame or Hunter
gunsnewing
USA
6/23/2005  6:16 PM
Posted by technomaster:

Yeah... in general, you take the best available player in the lottery and sort everything out later.

If/when this KT trade goes through, I think the Knicks should pursue these Gasol/Boozer deals if they're really on the market.

Both are young and talented... and it ain't easy getting young, yet proven 18ppg/9rpg big men...

I kind of doubt either of them are-- Boozer's still new and fresh in Utah; don't forget UTAH started out the season on fire, behind Boozer's torrid start. The wheels fell off the bus when AK47's got hurt... then Boozer eventually succumbed to injury. They'd be apt to try again.

As far as Gasol goes, I'd imagine they'd let Fratello have a fresh start w/ him too.

Agreed. especially since we plan on wasting the 8th pick on Frye. I'd much rather have Gasol or Boozer unless we're drafting Bynum or the BPA
gunsnewing
USA
6/23/2005  6:19 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by mattchless:

OVERRATED
With Thomas gone we have nobody on that front line. Maybe Boozer is a little overrated but I rather have him that having Rose playing pf and Sweetney playing center
Me too, but a center he is not. He does not fill that hole. We NEED a center!
MLE

Exactly! you can get a Center as good if not better than Frye with half of the MLE!
Stevo718
Member: #559
6/23/2005  6:26 PM
I would gladly Settle for Illgaukus and Larry Brown but I rather have Boozer since he's younger, much less of an injury risk & a better scorer/rebounder inside.

He missed 31 games last year off a sprained right foot? Ain't that quite some time to take for a sprained right foot? Im the beginning of march he was out for the rest of the year or something like that.

Yeah, he does play with a chip on his shoulder every night. But he is not the most athletic guy out there, no explosiveness and closer to 5'7" then 5'9"...

Mark my words... he will be missing plenty of games for the next 6 years, $68 million.

Plus the fact that we will have no defense coming out of the 1, 2 I think we need one of our future bigs to be defensive oriented and average more then 1/2 a block a game.
gunsnewing
USA
6/23/2005  6:30 PM
Posted by Stevo718:
I would gladly Settle for Illgaukus and Larry Brown but I rather have Boozer since he's younger, much less of an injury risk & a better scorer/rebounder inside.

He missed 31 games last year off a sprained right foot? Ain't that quite some time to take for a sprained right foot? Im the beginning of march he was out for the rest of the year or something like that.

Yeah, he does play with a chip on his shoulder every night. But he is not the most athletic guy out there, no explosiveness and closer to 5'7" then 5'9"...

Mark my words... he will be missing plenty of games for the next 6 years, $68 million.

Plus the fact that we will have no defense coming out of the 1, 2 I think we need one of our future bigs to be defensive oriented and average more then 1/2 a block a game.

and we can get exactly that with pick 30! and let him either play alongside Gasol or Boozer or let him develop for a few years behind Illgaukus!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/23/2005  6:55 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Stevo718:

Dampier might not be better than Boozer, but he might be a better fit for us.
gunsnewing
USA
6/23/2005  7:16 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Stevo718:

Dampier might not be better than Boozer, but he might be a better fit for us.

why because he's 6-11? boozer is a hell of a lot better of a player! and you can get shot-blocker for cheap or with the 30th pick
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/23/2005  7:24 PM
What in the world is wrong with you all fans..??????Booser is not who we need...Okur is the guy we must have. He is still young and has a lot of rooms for improvements. He is a true 7' that we can easily throw in there while whomever we draft as our center to be can easily sit around and wait his turn. Don't be stupid, PF is not what we need...
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
6/23/2005  7:27 PM
Posted by diderotn:

What in the world is wrong with you all fans..??????Booser is not who we need...Okur is the guy we must have. He is still young and has a lot of rooms for improvements. He is a true 7' that we can easily throw in there while whomever we draft as our center to be can easily sit around and wait his turn. Don't be stupid, PF is not what we need...

oh right I forgot Okur is the guy we need because he is 7ft and can rebound and score inside like boozer!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/23/2005 19:27:45]
rojasmas
Member: #639
6/23/2005  7:29 PM
I would rather dangle something Atlanta's way for Al Harrington. Maybe Crawford, who is now expendable with Richardson, and Sweetney for him.

Marbury
Richardson
TT
Al Harrington
Unknown
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
diderotn
USA
6/23/2005  7:40 PM
wakeup fans,,,,,wakeup.....We don't need PF at this point...Unless if we are going to draft a young kid that can flat out ball. We don't need to invest anymore of our money on PFs. Find a way to lure a true Center in here and draft a couple of big youngins with the 3 picks that we have....

We all know that Penny and TT's days are numbered, we can draft a guy like Warrick/Taft/Granger or others to come in to replace those two. We have a perfect opportunity to begin to build a dynasty in N.Y., if we play smart, we can get a few more picks through trades...
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/23/2005  7:48 PM
Posted by diderotn:

wakeup fans,,,,,wakeup.....We don't need PF at this point...Unless if we are going to draft a young kid that can flat out ball. We don't need to invest anymore of our money on PFs. Find a way to lure a true Center in here and draft a couple of big youngins with the 3 picks that we have....

We all know that Penny and TT's days are numbered, we can draft a guy like Warrick/Taft/Granger or others to come in to replace those two. We have a perfect opportunity to begin to build a dynasty in N.Y., if we play smart, we can get a few more picks through trades...

Well said. No more PFs Sweetney will be fine just give him the run. He will give this team 17-10 next year just give him big minutes.
diderotn
USA
6/23/2005  8:06 PM
I agree and I do believ that Isiah sees it like I see it also. He is going to go very strongly after Okur/Z/and a few other FAs. He might even consider pursuing Eddie Curry again. As long as he stays away from Kwame Brown, I will be happy. We can find a problem solver in the draft. There are plenty of young bigs that can come in and contribute right away. I don't give a damn about finding a super-star, because they can't win games by themselves. Look at Carter, Kobe, TMack, KG, Marburry.....We need players that can play the game of basketball to play Center...a guy that can be a sponge, one that can absorb good coaching, and one who is disciplined.

Posted by Vmart:
Posted by diderotn:

Well said. No more PFs Sweetney will be fine just give him the run. He will give this team 17-10 next year just give him big minutes.
Now a Boozer trade is IMPERATIVE!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy