Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2005  11:36 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by fishmike:

anyone remember when Briggs was crying for us to take Amare Stoudemire?

And Wade and Bosh.
Who DIDN'T want Wade and Bosh?
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/22/2005  11:40 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah will do the right thing...If he picks Taft/Frye/or whomever, he will have my backing...

You can never satisfy everyone....As long as we have a winning record next season, I will be very happy...Not evryteam get to be champion in this league...Look at Miami and Houston...

Not every team can win a championship, but every team should be able to put in place a credible plan that makes winning championships a feasible goal. Under Dolan, the plan has been to make the playoffs every year, championships be damned. Ordering a trade of the 6th pick and Camby for a quick fix like an injured McDyess was supposed to be is a betrayal of the fans' trust.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2005  11:47 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah will do the right thing...If he picks Taft/Frye/or whomever, he will have my backing...

You can never satisfy everyone....As long as we have a winning record next season, I will be very happy...Not evryteam get to be champion in this league...Look at Miami and Houston...

Not every team can win a championship, but every team should be able to put in place a credible plan that makes winning championships a feasible goal. Under Dolan, the plan has been to make the playoffs every year, championships be damned. Ordering a trade of the 6th pick and Camby for a quick fix like an injured McDyess was supposed to be is a betrayal of the fans' trust.
but that had nothing to do with Isiah
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
6/22/2005  11:51 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Yep. I remember that very well. Yet most of the board was hooked on Wilcox and Qyntel Woods. Not listening to Briggs wasn't a good strategy then and is an even worse one now. Briggs knows what he's talking about.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/23/2005  12:58 AM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by fishmike:

Yep. I remember that very well. Yet most of the board was hooked on Wilcox and Qyntel Woods. Not listening to Briggs wasn't a good strategy then and is an even worse one now. Briggs knows what he's talking about.

Not listening? It's not like we can say, "okay, Briggs is right" and take Bynum. It's kind of out of our hands...(unless dido really can control zeke's mind...)...

¿ △ ?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/23/2005  2:29 AM
Posted by fishmike:

You make it tough... If only we hadn't had Layden back then. It was all because of the "character" he wanted the Knicks to have...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/23/2005  2:41 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by fishmike:

Not listening? It's not like we can say, "okay, Briggs is right" and take Bynum. It's kind of out of our hands...(unless dido really can control zeke's mind...)...

Exactly! The frustrating part of being a fan is that you may have a better plan than the people currently running the franchise, but that means nothing. We can all pray we take Bynum with the 8th pick, but thats it. It will be Isiah picking. Briggs or anyone else can have a great argument about taking a player, but what can we do? Its not really in our hands...
Knicks_Fan
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/23/2005  2:43 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

unless dido really can control zeke's mind...)...
You know, a while ago I was going to say, "Nope, obviously he doesn't, otherwise Kurt would be on his way out of town." Now, I'm not so sure.
...freaky.
Ira
Member: #91
6/23/2005  6:01 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by crzymdups:

unless dido really can control zeke's mind...)...
You know, a while ago I was going to say, "Nope, obviously he doesn't, otherwise Kurt would be on his way out of town." Now, I'm not so sure.
...freaky.

Good one!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/23/2005  10:57 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by mattchless:

I don't know who this Briggs is, but I'm grateful that there's someone else out there that recognizes his talent. I watched him at the HS All-Star Games and was wowed with his upside. I then hoped he would declare for the draft and when he did I thought it was a miracle. Ever since, every freaking day I've googled for ANY information potentially tying Bynum to the Knicks and only prayed that he would have a private workout with us so that Isiah could see him up close. The thought was that he'd be so impressed with him that he'd give him a promise to take him at 8 and keep him in the draft. Well, it looks like this dream will not come to fruition, as another organization (Lakers?) have taken that route already. It's sad, really. We are going to take a low-upside solid player at best in Frye...yeah, those are the types you need to win championships...NOT!

We need to take someone with a chance to be a STUD. An ALL-STAR, a FIRST-TEAM ALL PRO. We missed on Amare, let's not miss on Bynum.

I can only pray at this point(shrugs)...

And honestly, if we don't get Bynum...I would want Chris Taft. He has the potential to be the 2nd best big man in this draft. You'll all see down the line. Bogut will be a very good, solid center, but both Bynum and Taft could be even better.

Could this be the next new Mrs. Briggs?

groupie.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mattchless
Member: #912
6/23/2005  1:11 PM
Now after this trade (which I love), we are definitely going big at #8: which means Frye, Vazquez, or Bynum. I would rank them Bynum, Frye, Vazquez (too bad Tiago Splitter couldn't be in this draft or he'd be 2nd on that list). We won't take Taft that high, so we just have to hope for the best.

A future lineup of:
Marbury
Q-Rich
Ariza
Sweetney
Bynum

is very exciting!

to Briggs: not that your opinion of me is impt, but it's quite arrogant of you to question the sanity of my early assessment of Bynum as a potential top 5 pick before he lost weight and his hand healed. You also shouldn't just assume that the McDonald's was the only time I've seen Bynum play. Actually, I've been following him for almost 2 years now. Fact is, Bynum has great hands, a soft touch, can really run the floor for his size, and combines power and athleticism with an upside that is off the charts. And if you couldn't see that right away...

Regardless, I'm glad that there's been a groundswell of support...that's how I found this site. We are all on the same team...let's hope for the best.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/23/2005  2:03 PM
So... regarding Bynum--- what's the deal with him--- why did he cancel his workout w/ the Knicks? Does that indicate that he got a promise from a team picking AHEAD of the Knicks?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
mattchless
Member: #912
6/23/2005  2:44 PM
That's the interesting question. If the Lakers, as heavily rumored, are the team that gave the promise, and they pick AFTER the Knicks, why wouldn't he continue to workout for teams ahead of them? Was he worried about the Lakers getting pissed and pulling their promise? C'mon, #1 if he's that confident in his abilities, he should expect the Knicks to then want him or any team that works him out and #2, if the Lakers like him that much, they are going to take him anyway.

Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/23/2005  3:00 PM
Posted by mattchless:

That's the interesting question. If the Lakers, as heavily rumored, are the team that gave the promise, and they pick AFTER the Knicks, why wouldn't he continue to workout for teams ahead of them? Was he worried about the Lakers getting pissed and pulling their promise? C'mon, #1 if he's that confident in his abilities, he should expect the Knicks to then want him or any team that works him out and #2, if the Lakers like him that much, they are going to take him anyway.
1) Yes this could be the very reason. Probably was told by them if you work out for other teams we will have to work out other people too, and all bets are off.
2) Could be the place where he wants to go. Probably a huge Kobe fan and now with Jackson, probably having wet dreams about being a Laker.
3) Utah or the Blazers could have promised him as well.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
1st Post: All About Bynum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy