[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

is it just me, or do the playoffs this year suck?
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/6/2002  5:24 PM
Discuss.
AUTOADVERT
NUMBER20
Member: #220
5/8/2002  8:46 PM
is it me or did the whole season sucked from the preseason,regular season, allstar(horrible),playoffs(very boring).
Caseloads
5/8/2002  8:55 PM
Posted by NUMBER20:

is it me or did the whole season sucked from the preseason,regular season, allstar(horrible),playoffs(very boring).
yeah, this year sucked. now we know how clippers and nets fans feel every season, except this year.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/8/2002  11:28 PM
maybe you should turn the sound off to make it better...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/neel/020508.html
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/9/2002  12:16 AM
this years playoffs have been awesome. i wish the knicks were in it but it has been entertaining.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
5/9/2002  9:22 AM
The playoffs are as always.. This year we(Knicks) aren't there, so it is bad, sitting on the sidelines. BUT - take a look at the teams that are there and the type of players they have on the floor. Young(for the most part), talented(or aknowledged roll players), BIG (where is AI now?) and willing to do anything for the ring.. Do these teams look at all like the Knicks? And the answer is .... NO. Sorry, but unless major changes are made, there will be nothing, even in 2 or 3 years. Gotta get rid of overhead and go with the youth.
Take a look at all the Knicks forums around, and the concensus seems to be that management needs to get younger, bulk up and get smart.
Hope the Knicks bosses manages to look to what the Knicks fans already know.
The Old Man of UK...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/9/2002  10:56 AM
I think the playoffs have been exciting as hell this year. Mavs/Kings is as good as it gets, and the announcers keep saying this is going to be the new breed of the NBA, up and down, lots of scoring, etc. so that'd rock. You look @ all the teams remaining, and they all are built around one guy, whereas the Knicks just have roleplayers. They need to get the next Patrick Ewing and build around him, whether it be a point guard (Jason Williams) a 2-guard (Wagner or Tskitivili), a small forward (Butler), a power forward (Stoudemire) or a center (Ming). I know I left guys out but this year has to be the year to start building around someone.
#Knickstaps
martin
USA
5/9/2002  1:32 PM
seriously Case, is this just the case of not having the Knicks in the playoffs that is bumming you out?

- Baron v. Jason Kidd
- K-Mart going nuts
- Pierce and Antoine lighting it up.
- Detroit playing some good ball.
- Dallas and Sac running and gunning
- Big Daddy v. Big Fundamental
- Kobe doing his thing.
- Reggie hitting last minute shots.

This is as good a playoffs as we have had in a long time. No Knicks, but good games.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
5/9/2002  3:59 PM
Posted by martin:

No Knicks, but good games.
Exactly. Oh, if only the Knicks were there...
We suck.
NUMBER20
Member: #220
5/9/2002  9:33 PM
Are you serious this year playoffs got such bad ratings its really sad that the nets,piston,celtics are in the playoffs. David Stern is losing lots of money. I would of been nice to see jordan in the playoffs but he got injured.
martin
USA
5/9/2002  11:43 PM
Posted by martin:

seriously Case, is this just the case of not having the Knicks in the playoffs that is bumming you out?

- Baron v. Jason Kidd
- K-Mart going nuts
- Kobe doing his thing.

This is as good a playoffs as we have had in a long time. No Knicks, but good games.

I have to append my list:

- Have you ever seen Kenny Anderson or Van Exel play so much defense?
Caseloads
5/10/2002  2:14 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by martin:

- Baron v. Jason Kidd
- K-Mart going nuts
- Kobe doing his thing.

I have to append my list:

- Have you ever seen Kenny Anderson or Van Exel play so much defense?
if there's no Knicks versus the Heat, it's not playoffs. Last year's were garbage also. No real heated RIVALS... Too bad the Blazers were pushovers. And the T-Wolves were pathetic.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
5/10/2002  10:49 AM
In a way I agree and disagree. Some of the series' are really hype and others are just there. Personally i feel that detroit is not a playoff team and neither was the sixers but due to the fact that the sixers have the "Answer" the made it and the downfall of the bigger teams in the east i.e. (NY, Miami, and Milwakee) the pistons made it. Both teams are lacking secondary scoring and Detroit is lacking scoring period despite the stats Stackhouse is not consistant. The west games are real hype i liked watching most of the teams out there play. The only team i didnt like watching was Portland shooting themsevlves in the foot night in and night out. The coach sorry ,Mo Cheeks, should definitely fired because ,hey wait a minuter i forgot this is a Knicks website why am i worring about those bums and we have our own troubles. What about our coach are we gonna adress that?
knicker for life
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/10/2002  6:12 PM
Caseloads, I agree with no rivalaries this year, but how do you want rivalries to come about? Already we've seen animosity between the Pistons and Celtics ('Toine and Big Cliff) and the Kings and Mavs as well with the whole noise maker thing. Spurs/Lakers is beginning to become a rivalry as well. And Prowler, how in the world could you say that Detroit doesn't belong in the playoffs. They are a number 2 seed, have the best coach, defensive player, and 6th man, and play great team basketball. Have you watched any of their games, they are a great team.
#Knickstaps
is it just me, or do the playoffs this year suck?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy