Member: #261
USA
6/22/2005  10:30 AM
Tim Thomas
Trevor Ariza

for
Elton Brand

This works under the trade checker.

Have I been inhaling too many fumes, because this seems to not be bad for them. 3 players, 1 is cap relief, one is young and another is whoever they pick at #8. it seems like they get a good deal.
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/22/2005  10:39 AM
Hell no...because we already have a glute at the PF position and this deal will further depleat our talent pool...Ariza is a keeper....Brand is good but he is not that good....He can't dominate a game...
The true Knickabocker..........
SkyWalker
Member: #814
6/22/2005  10:48 AM
I would do it...I love Brand's game and he can even play center for us if we want until we finally find one. He plays hard at both ends of the floor. He would complement Marbury really well. I'm also pretty sure he blocks shots. Not sure how old he is but I'm sure he is still pretty young. I might prefer to offer Sweetney and keep Ariza.
Kenny SkyWalker
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
6/22/2005  11:00 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Hell no...because we already have a glute at the PF position and this deal will further depleat our talent pool...Ariza is a keeper....Brand is good but he is not that good....He can't dominate a game...

I agree; let's use the good pieces that we have a little before we decide to trade them away. We could use Sweetney at the 4, keep Ariza, and just draft a center.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/22/2005  11:02 AM
Posted by matt:
Posted by diderotn:

I agree; let's use the good pieces that we have a little before we decide to trade them away. We could use Sweetney at the 4, keep Ariza, and just draft a center.

I think if we can get rid of Sweets we should. I don't think he will EVER get his weight under control.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
USA
6/22/2005  11:10 AM
you gotta love you guys. BRAND isn't good enough? LOL. Crazy.

We don't need Brand to dominate, we need him to do what he does, 20,10, 2. So we should only trae for players who dominate? LOL. Good luck. You guys are crazy. We need a post up player, rebounds and defense, and we get it.

Its alot to give up to get him, but theres a reason you have to give up alot to get him. He's 25 putting up 20,10, and 2 blocks. I mean, I know hes not Bynum or anything but......LOL!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/22/2005  11:18 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

We don't need Brand to dominate, we need him to do what he does, 20,10, 2. So we should only trae for players who dominate? LOL. Good luck. You guys are crazy. We need a post up player, rebounds and defense, and we get it.

Its alot to give up to get him, but theres a reason you have to give up alot to get him. He's 25 putting up 20,10, and 2 blocks. I mean, I know hes not Bynum or anything but......LOL!

I don't think that he's not good enough, it's that we already have 2 million *exaggeration* 6-8 power forwards, and that type of trade just opens up more holes than it fills. Brand can not play C even in the east. He is a purebread PF, and a bull at that. How many extra wins do we get with Brand? I would rather Keep Ariza and the 8. Down the road I would rather hae Ariza and whoever we pick at 8 than just Brand.
~You can't run from who you are.~
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/22/2005  11:18 AM
I would only trade for Brand if and only if we can get rid of 3 of our current PF...
The true Knickabocker..........
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/22/2005  11:27 AM
Killa did you steal this one?
[quote]
Posted by Killa4luv:

From the Desk of Scott Layden

Tim Thomas
Trevor Ariza

for
Elton Brand

This works under the trade checker.

Have I been inhaling too many fumes, because this seems to not be bad for them. 3 players, 1 is cap relief, one is young and another is whoever they pick at #8. it seems like they get a good deal.
[/quo
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Killa4luv
USA
6/22/2005  11:31 AM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Killa4luv:

I don't think that he's not good enough, it's that we already have 2 million *exaggeration* 6-8 power forwards, and that type of trade just opens up more holes than it fills. Brand can not play C even in the east. He is a purebread PF, and a bull at that. How many extra wins do we get with Brand? I would rather Keep Ariza and the 8. Down the road I would rather hae Ariza and whoever we pick at 8 than just Brand.
How many extra wins do we get with Brand? Alot.
There is an emotional attachment to Ariza that is based on potential rather than reality. If Ariza averages more than 10 ppg next year we'll all be ecstatic. Ariza didn't win us any games last year, but Tim Thomas did. He was the difference maker in many games last year, for wins and loses (mostly loses) so if anything he would be the more important player in terms of affecting our W-L total at the end of next season, and Ariza is more of a long term goal.

I agree with your point about the PF's and also if we make this trade we have JYD/Rose at the 3, which isn't really ideal. KT would still be our center and while that isn't good, at least we would have a more balanced frontcourt with a real post presence, a real shot blocker, and 'center' who can bang the open jumper.

The main reason to do this is because it could greatly change the game for us. Elton brand draws double teams and KT can bang a jumper. Steph drives often and Brand can bang it home. EB and those double teams would drastically change the complexion of the game for us. The only other person getting doubled is Steph.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2005  11:32 AM
I didn't realize there was another thread on this. I'll just copy and paste from that thread
Brand is a far better defender and shot-blocker. I like both players a lot, but Brand is quiet better than Boozer. The #8 pick and an expiring contract would likely be not enough to get Brand, but it can't hurt to try. Their GM's not too smart. His team's made the playoffs only twice in his NINETEEN years as GM!

However, I'd rather either trade pick 8 and land Gasol or trade pick 8, Penny (or TT plus Sweetney) for Boozer and pick 6.
Killa4luv
USA
6/22/2005  11:37 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I didn't realize there was another thread on this. I'll just copy and paste from that thread
Brand is a far better defender and shot-blocker. I like both players a lot, but Brand is quiet better than Boozer. The #8 pick and an expiring contract would likely be not enough to get Brand, but it can't hurt to try. Their GM's not too smart. His team's made the playoffs only twice in his NINETEEN years as GM!

However, I'd rather either trade pick 8 and land Gasol or trade pick 8, Penny (or TT plus Sweetney) for Boozer and pick 6.
TT is more than an expiring contract, hes a talented underachiever in his contract year, and Ariza is in there too!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2005  11:47 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Bonn1997:

TT is more than an expiring contract, hes a talented underachiever in his contract year, and Ariza is in there too!
I know I wouldn't give up Brand for that offer. I would try to build around Brand and to do so more intelligently than the Clippers have. But it's certainly possible that Baylor would do the trade.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/22/2005  12:05 PM
the clips are NOT trading brand. for once in their existence, they are committed to somebody and that's brand. why you ask, b/c they TRADED DOWN and passed on howard or ok4 to take livingston. if they wanted to get out of brand's deal, there is no-way they don't draft one of those two as insurance.

btw, livingston, imho WILL be the premier point guard by the end of the decade.
Elton Brand for #8 and....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy