[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I would pick Deron
Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
6/22/2005  10:20 AM
If you are a team needing a point guard - and all of the big 3 are available, who do you take??
I think I like Deron Williams the best. They say he lost 15 pounds which was exactly what he needed to do. He knows how to run a team, is a great passer, under control, can shoot, and is the best defensive point guard out of all 3 and he is strong, tough and can probably even guard most two guards allowing a team to go with a smaller two guard like a Ben Gordon type if they wanted. Will also be able to post up smaller points. My choice is Williams.
I wish the Knicks could trade Marbury and get a top 5 pick and an expensive contract. Then they can draft Deron and still have the 8th pick. That was my dream last night. Deron,#8, #30, #54
Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/22/2005  11:01 AM
I was thinking about this dood the other day at work and I will be one of the first sporting a Deron WIlliams whatever jersey whenever it comes out. Kid is tough as nails and a great PG prospect. I absoultely love his type of style and game. Trading Marbury for a top 5 would be VERY interesting....

Deron/Jay WIlliams(give him a shot with the LLE)
Graham (8)/Crawford
Ariza/JYD
Turiaf or Taft(30)/Butler/Malik
Hunter(MLE)/Schensher

[Edited by - joec32033 on 06/22/2005 11:05:28]
~You can't run from who you are.~
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/22/2005  1:17 PM
He is that good that you would trade Marbury for a chance to pick him? Since he hasn't been discussed a lot on this board, I don't know a lot about him...
Knicks_Fan
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/22/2005  1:29 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

He is that good that you would trade Marbury for a chance to pick him? Since he hasn't been discussed a lot on this board, I don't know a lot about him...

I think he is more of the type of PG I like...it has more to do with style than anything else. Deron reminds me of a Derek Harper type of PG, from what I have read about him. Here is the thing...none of these PG's to me are head and shoulders above the rest. Paul is too small, Felton doesn't impress me and Deron is a tough as nails type player...I don't think the PG crop has that many stars but it does have ALOT of depth.

Trading Marbury for whatever pick (ie the 4) would have to include a bit more coming our way, like maybe a future unprotected 1st rounder also, but I would deal Steph under the right conditions, even if it wasn't to draft a PG mainly since we have Craw who is more comfortable at the point possibly, anyway. Besides, trading steph would say we are rebuilding more than anything else and I don't think that is why Zeke was hired. He was hired to get us competitive quickly.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/22/2005  3:53 PM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by Knicksfan:

I think he is more of the type of PG I like...it has more to do with style than anything else. Deron reminds me of a Derek Harper type of PG, from what I have read about him. Here is the thing...none of these PG's to me are head and shoulders above the rest. Paul is too small, Felton doesn't impress me and Deron is a tough as nails type player...I don't think the PG crop has that many stars but it does have ALOT of depth.

Trading Marbury for whatever pick (ie the 4) would have to include a bit more coming our way, like maybe a future unprotected 1st rounder also, but I would deal Steph under the right conditions, even if it wasn't to draft a PG mainly since we have Craw who is more comfortable at the point possibly, anyway. Besides, trading steph would say we are rebuilding more than anything else and I don't think that is why Zeke was hired. He was hired to get us competitive quickly.

Why traded one of the BEST point guard in the WORLD, for a unproven slow point guard. Surround Marbury with good players and we will rise to the top
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/22/2005  5:01 PM
I'd wager that, overall, Deron Williams is a better basketball player RIGHT NOW than Stephon Marbury.

I know that is near blasphemous, but Williams runs a team as well as Marbury does, plays MUCH MUCH better defense, rebounds the ball much better, and plays like a traditional point. Marbury can score, but I'd give just about every other category to Deron.

Deron isn't slow, he tested to be a better athlete than Paul AND Felton. I think he's the next Jason Kidd, we'll see.

I agree with you, I think if Marbury is surrounded with talent, he'd succeed, but at this point, you're crazy to not pick Williams. He is a player who fits the team concept much better, isn't locked into a crazy contract, hasn't had surgery on both of his ankles, and is 6 years younger.
#Knickstaps
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/22/2005  5:09 PM
How does Deron Williams compare with our old boy Frank Williams? :)
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/22/2005  8:11 PM
Posted by technomaster:

How does Deron Williams compare with our old boy Frank Williams? :)

I always thought he was a lot like Frank coming out of college, but overall I'd say he's a bit more pass first and it seems as if he's a better athlete (though he looks pudgier too me).
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
6/22/2005  8:36 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I'd wager that, overall, Deron Williams is a better basketball player RIGHT NOW than Stephon Marbury.

I know that is near blasphemous, but Williams runs a team as well as Marbury does, plays MUCH MUCH better defense, rebounds the ball much better, and plays like a traditional point. Marbury can score, but I'd give just about every other category to Deron.

Deron isn't slow, he tested to be a better athlete than Paul AND Felton. I think he's the next Jason Kidd, we'll see.

I agree with you, I think if Marbury is surrounded with talent, he'd succeed, but at this point, you're crazy to not pick Williams. He is a player who fits the team concept much better, isn't locked into a crazy contract, hasn't had surgery on both of his ankles, and is 6 years younger.

Great post.

and everyone knows that pg's almost have to have that intangible of making players around them better scorers, for teams to succeed at a high level
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
I would pick Deron

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy