[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Question for BRIGGS
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/22/2005  9:40 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Dujuan Wagner also scored a 100 in a game and was one of the most prolific scorers in HS ever. Hell... did Lebron score 40 a game, or was it his skills that made him so great
What skills does Bynum process that Jefferson doesn't have. All I heard so far that is biggest skill is he is 7 feet 2 inches. That's not a skill that's an attribute. And still growing stuff is sort of strange because we can say that about any 18 year old. I waiting to see some post on how his post game is so far superior to anyone in the draft, that he has a long range jumper that makes him effective outside and in. How does he have more upside than a guy like Frye, will get faster, will he get more agile than Frye, will he develop a better shot, will he be a better passer, stuff like that. Hell I am willing to take Bynum but so far I haven't really been sold accept that he did ok as a high school player and he is 7 feet 2 inches and 17 years old. And what hurts most of all is that he canceled his workout. Unless he was guarantee a pick higher than 7 or 8 than he is fool and could be indication of problems to come with this young man.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
6/22/2005  1:45 PM
Bonn1 and Bonn2... again, nobody is saying that Bynum is the greatest player of all time (yet :P). The point is that if you can get 17-10-2 out of a 7'2" center who can guard any center that's huge. It's huge when you consider against the fact that most centers average something like 7-5-1. A guy who can do that is more valuable than a 6'8" 20-10 PF because of the size. You have to take the size into consideration. Not taking the size into consideration is just stupid.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/22/2005  2:15 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by fishmike:

Dujuan Wagner also scored a 100 in a game and was one of the most prolific scorers in HS ever. Hell... did Lebron score 40 a game, or was it his skills that made him so great
What skills does Bynum process that Jefferson doesn't have. All I heard so far that is biggest skill is he is 7 feet 2 inches. That's not a skill that's an attribute. And still growing stuff is sort of strange because we can say that about any 18 year old. I waiting to see some post on how his post game is so far superior to anyone in the draft, that he has a long range jumper that makes him effective outside and in. How does he have more upside than a guy like Frye, will get faster, will he get more agile than Frye, will he develop a better shot, will he be a better passer, stuff like that. Hell I am willing to take Bynum but so far I haven't really been sold accept that he did ok as a high school player and he is 7 feet 2 inches and 17 years old. And what hurts most of all is that he canceled his workout. Unless he was guarantee a pick higher than 7 or 8 than he is fool and could be indication of problems to come with this young man.
dont ask me... read the scouting reports that all say he's got great hands, great footwork and a variety of nice moves around the basket
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/22/2005  2:19 PM
Ok, lets page Isiah and tell him that since Frye may not be avaliable once we pick, we sould pick Bynum for potential purposes only, leave him in our NBDL team and wait till he becomes the next Shaq! Happy everyone?

Seriously, if Frye isn't there, I would then take the gamble and pick Bynum at 8th. Now, we should at least do our best to get another pick, preferibly a mid 1st round pick...
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2005  4:22 PM
Posted by Solace:

Bonn1 and Bonn2... again, nobody is saying that Bynum is the greatest player of all time (yet :P). The point is that if you can get 17-10-2 out of a 7'2" center who can guard any center that's huge. It's huge when you consider against the fact that most centers average something like 7-5-1. A guy who can do that is more valuable than a 6'8" 20-10 PF because of the size. You have to take the size into consideration. Not taking the size into consideration is just stupid.
huh? who's bonn1 and who's bonn2? And who's saying we shouldn't take his height into consideration?
Can I be Bonn1 or do I not get to make the choice!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/22/2005 19:04:42]
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
6/22/2005  10:57 PM
Posted by Solace:

Where did the 17-10-2 come from?
Why do you think he can average that?
When do you think he can average that?

I agree those are great stats but what are they based on??
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/22/2005  11:20 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by Solace:

That's all I am saying. I keep seeing these magical stats on a 17 kid. That's like me saying that Webster is going to put 28.3 ppg, or any of these guys. Forget it. Hey if Isiah drafts this kid, I will be rooting extremely hard for him and waiting patiently for his HOF induction. He gets it before the "Human Highlight.".
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
6/22/2005  11:54 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

huh? who's bonn1 and who's bonn2? And who's saying we shouldn't take his height into consideration?
Can I be Bonn1 or do I not get to make the choice!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/22/2005 19:04:42]

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Hell, maybe I should anyway. j/k :)
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/23/2005  12:12 AM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by Solace:

Size skills, desire

OLDFAN--every year there are new superstars, yes there will be new all star C and new great F+G who average 20+ points. Bogut and Bynum both have great chances to be great, I think they will--someone has to, right? dwight Howard and emeka averaged nice numbers their first years and poised to really break out. Did you think Dwayne Wade would be a superstar this fast, it happened and it will happen with other players. yes, the league will continue to have new stars who average 20+ points, new hall of famers and all stars, thats the way in all sports. Hey I think you are looking at a top 5 player of all time in the making in Amare Stoudemire.
RIP Crushalot😞
SkyWalker
Member: #814
6/23/2005  2:43 PM
Hey Briggs,
Amare reminds me a little of Mcdeis before he got hurt. Mcdeis was a freak of an athlete. Almost like a new breed of power forward. Hope Amare can stay healthy and not get any serious injury. The guy is so active and always flying high towards the rim that he does put himself at risk.
Kenny SkyWalker
OldFan
Member: #446
6/23/2005  6:19 PM
Yep - there will be some superstars - but you've already predicted at least two (three I think but I'll have to review your Green posts).

Jordan, Bird, Magic, Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, Russell - Are among the top guys all-time can Amare do it - I guess - but I give him about a 5% or less chance.

My main point with Byrnum - is his potential is VERY RAW. He will the youngest guy drafted Ever. HS - stats aren't that reliable I agree - but they can't be totally discounted - show me one player drafted out of HS that has become successful - that was not totally dominant in HS. If he was injured his senior year - that's a concern too.

Don't take this wrong. I LOOK for your posts because I think most of what you say is well thought out. (I just think sometimes you get a little carried away by potential - I think it was Van Gundy who said potential gets coaches fired. )
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by Solace:

Size skills, desire

OLDFAN--every year there are new superstars, yes there will be new all star C and new great F+G who average 20+ points. Bogut and Bynum both have great chances to be great, I think they will--someone has to, right? dwight Howard and emeka averaged nice numbers their first years and poised to really break out. Did you think Dwayne Wade would be a superstar this fast, it happened and it will happen with other players. yes, the league will continue to have new stars who average 20+ points, new hall of famers and all stars, thats the way in all sports. Hey I think you are looking at a top 5 player of all time in the making in Amare Stoudemire.
Question for BRIGGS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy