Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2005  2:56 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/draftbuzz045.asp

New Utah Rumor: Fran the Man?

In the course of three days, Spanish big man Fran Vazquez called off his trip to the US for a workout with teams in NYC, and the Utah Jazz allowed PG Raul Lopez out of the final year of his contract. Is this just a coincidence, or are these two events connected? Sources in Spain think they are.

The Amercian agents for the two players are different, however the Spanish agent (Jose Cobello) is the same for both players, and also happens to be the agent for Real Madrid's coach.

This is all speculation, but when you connect the dots on the timing of this all it makes sense. Utah wants to make sure they get Vazquez if they are going to take him. By allowing Lopez to go scot free, they have essentially given something to get Vazquez without any hitches along the way. Lopez enjoyed Utah and can give Vazquez pointers on what to expect there.

It's been apparent for some time that Utah is very high on Vazquez, so if a deal does not go through, there's a good chance they will select Vazquez with the sixth pick. If they do not select him, there's a real chance he could slide all the way to the end or even out of the lottery.

Danny Granger remains the highest likelihood to Utah at 6, but Vazquez is also a strong possibility.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2005  3:12 PM
I think FV is underrated around here. I only saw those 10-15 clips from the website but he's playing a non-bigs game over there against pros and he's been great and he's been a winner.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/20/2005  3:15 PM
Even though I'm 99.9% sure it will never happy, I still have that slight hope that we trade for Boozer and their 6th pick.

What's the lowest you think Vasquez falls to though?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2005  3:23 PM
he's no Lampe. He's got too solid a body of work to fall off the map. I would say no way he falls past the Nets who really need frontcourt players. A ready made athletic tough 6'10 guy wont get past the swamp.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/20/2005  3:27 PM
Posted by fishmike:

he's no Lampe. He's got too solid a body of work to fall off the map. I would say no way he falls past the Nets who really need frontcourt players. A ready made athletic tough 6'10 guy wont get past the swamp.

That would be messed up, since Thorn is a hell of a judge of talent and pulled off a beauty with Krstic. If he takes Vasquez that means the guy's for real and will soon be slamming down alley-oops!
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/20/2005  6:30 PM
I want Okur and Boozer from the Jazz....
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/20/2005  9:28 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Even though I'm 99.9% sure it will never happy, I still have that slight hope that we trade for Boozer and their 6th pick.
I could easily see it happening but I think we'd have to give up more than we're giving up in the reported rumors
DarkKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #882
Spain
6/21/2005  9:02 AM
Utah is the BEST team for him. He could get minutes there easily, but in my opinion he should be in the late #20's. We better don't get anything from Utah...because they suck!
In the Splitter Vs Vazquez series, Vazquez played well (offensively). Splitter didn't play bad, but although he played a significant amount of minutes he wasn't a factor.
I'm sorry that I just could watch game 2 of that series, but I have exams right now. ;)
New Utah Rumor: Fran Vazquez at #6?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy