[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Larry Brown giving Iverson an ultimadum
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
5/4/2002  7:28 PM
Im wondering the rumored trade of AI to NY has any truth.

I didnt think the trade rumors were real. But Brown just blasted Iverson today in the press. Brown is probably is setting the stage for a trade from Philly and probably making an excuse for the fans to hear. But I heard rumors a few weeks ago that the Knicks had something on the table for him unoffically for him:

Lottery Pick + Spree + Ward
for
Allan Iverson + Coleman

Larry Brown says Iverson has gotten on his nerves 6 years by not comming to practice on time and if he doesnt shape up he outta Philly. Thays not the message I tell my star right after losing game 5 in which he was the only person carrying the team. Telling him to come eary to practice is like telling Bob Knight not to yell. If its so much of a problem it wouldnt have lasted 6 years. I think AI might be on his way out. Eric Snow was running the show and he was getting better movement and production from other players. Hey I would welcome here to gotham. I think his career parallels Jordans. Jordan was gunner when he came into the league. AI needs to take less shot and smarter shots. In 3 years he will be a 45% PG shooter and will be absoloutely incredible (AI)
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/4/2002  7:34 PM
I'm not a fan of Iverson at all. He's a ball hog and he has known to have a sorry attitude. He's not a team player, and thats what we need to strive on, a team game. He would not get Houston or anyone else involved and thats not what we need. Thats why with all his talent he couldn't get his team, which features another starting all-star and a bunch of underrated role players, past the first round. He's been a troubled player at times and i don't think we should get involved with him. Some of you may not agree, but thats just my take.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/4/2002  7:42 PM
Getting Iverson and Coleman wouldn't be that good for clubhouse chemistry, but also, Iverson is the reigning MVP of the league, so you can't just pass up on opportunity. However, if he was traded for Sprewell, Ward (who they wouldn't need due to Claxton and Snow @ PG), and a lottery pick, the 6ers GM should be fired.
#Knickstaps
VG
Member: #68
Australia
5/4/2002  11:30 PM
Iverson is a great player but I'd really like to keep that draft pick...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/4/2002  11:31 PM
If it isn't top 5, you'd have to do that trade because there is no way you're getting a player like Iverson out of the top 5.
#Knickstaps
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
5/5/2002  7:09 AM
Iverson wouldn't be the right fit for the Knicks. Plus, I don't even think the Sixers will trade him. Guys are just reacting right now to being humiliated in the first round after making the Finals the year before. Expect it all to blow over with AI still playing in a Sixer uniform come next season.
We suck.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/5/2002  4:46 PM
I think so too. He probably will be a Sixer. If anything I think they would trade him to the West. I think they would rather trade with Sacremento or Houston for Francis or Peja+Bibby
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
K9
Member: #242
USA
5/6/2002  9:01 AM
NO WAY DOES THE KINGS GIVE UP THE BEST SF IN THE GAME !!! PAJA IS THE MAN !!! NOW, POISON IVY & AARON MCKEE FOR VINCE CARTER & MO PETE !!!
Posted by falcindor:

I think so too. He probably will be a Sixer. If anything I think they would trade him to the West. I think they would rather trade with Sacremento or Houston for Francis or Peja+Bibby
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
5/6/2002  2:38 PM
Yes, they'd rather trade him to the West...

But, like K9 said, the Kings wouldn't do that deal. They don't want to ruin their great team chemistry. They may not get past the Lakers, but they had the best record in the league this season. It's a case of, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Besides, if Peja took as many shots as Iverson he'd probably average 40 ppg.
We suck.
Larry Brown giving Iverson an ultimadum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy