[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why Larry Brown should not be coach!!!!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/20/2005  9:51 AM
He doesn't play young guys. The only guy in recient memory that he played right away was Tashaun Prince. Prince earned that though because Brown was trashing him like crazy when he first got there.

Look at the Olympics.....why was Lebron and Amare on the bench? Those two guys are the best at their positions in the NBA.

He's a good coach but the Knicks are rebuilding and Brown doesn't seem to have patience or the health to have to teach the bunch the Knicks have.

or

or

[Edited by - enyspree on 06/20/2005 09:53:12]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/20/2005  9:52 AM
I somewhat agree. He wont be our coach regardless so its really a non-issue.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/20/2005  10:10 AM
First off, we don't have the olympic team here, and I would agree Carmelo was not ready, and Lebron is not battle tested after his rookie year to deal with the grind of international competition. The goal was to WIN and with the somewhat allstar team he had, he went with more mature players.

Brown has a championship caliber team, and in the playoffs you go with a shorter bench anyway. So Delfino is not getting run, and Darko is not ready. Play darko over Dice? Not yet!

I think the team will dictate who plays and either brown accepts it, or we don't hire him. If he can get TT to play his ass off, then its a good pick, if not, play the kid!

I want to rebuild, but Larry is a great teacher. If Darko succeeds Larrys teaching and getting him ready will be a part of his success.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/20/2005  10:13 AM
Isiah was as good teacher. He just wasnt a good coach otherwise.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/20/2005  11:49 AM
Just so everyone knows Prince was starting games towards the end for the Piston when Carlisle was there. He was developed by Carlisle.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/20/2005  1:39 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Isiah was as good teacher. He just wasnt a good coach otherwise.
That is fair, that is why I would like to see Isiah coach because one thing he did in Indy was play rookies, probably too much. That's why guys like O'Neal, Tinsley and Artest was real upset to see him go. He should think about taking over the position but I am sure it is near impossible to that in NY. I read somewhere, that he has various meetings with James Dolan and Steve Mills during the week in addition to his scouts and assistants.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Why Larry Brown should not be coach!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy