[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bynum to remain in draft Pulls out of workouts with
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/20/2005  12:26 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

It looks like Andrew's brother is playing 1 mean game of Texas Holdem. I have a feeling he is bluffing and trying to get Toronto and NY to bite and take Andrew in the lottery. Smart move.
This is my thinking, too. I think he targeted NY and LA for spots, and I think he is trying to bluff Isiah into rethinking his workout, unless he got nabbed by Portland, which kind of change the board alot. It is very strange that he cancels the workouts right before his NY one. Also, I wonder like Green, Bynum brother doesn't want him to workout against someone that the Knicks are thinking about like Frye. I really can't see Toronto going after 3 bigs in a row. That team needs to win now and it isn't like it has a ton of funds to develop players at same spot.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/20/2005  12:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Knick2001:

If it turns out Bynum jumps into the picks ahead of the Knicks that makes it more possible a player like Granger or Green slips to the #8 which I'd be happy with.

ill tell you this right now and I believe it, we would pass on Gerald green Danny Granger or anyone else purported to go pick 8 for Frye. the Knicks are taking Frye. thats it. the only way we are NOT taking frye is if someone above us did.

I don't really agree with that b/c I've seen articles that have the Knicks really interested in Green. Maybe if they do that Utah trade, they are doing it specifically for Green, or maybe Joey Grahem.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/20/2005  12:29 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by djsunyc:

LOOPHOLE ALERT!!! LOOPHOLE ALERT!!!

what if the penny/tim + #8 for boozer + #6 deal is really going to happen and we promised him #6...
I'd love to see that happen. Do teams make promises to players with picks they don't yet have, though, as in pick #6 in our case? Isiah would do this deal to trade up in the draft only if he thought pick #6 or 7 would be used on Bynum or another player he wants. Otherwise, it makes more sense to trade TT for Boozer and ask for one of their three other draft picks.
Riley did it with Lamar Odom, he was so sure that he was going to acquire the pick he flew him in for a workout the day before the draft. Instead the Clips kept their pick.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/20/2005  12:29 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Knick2001:

If it turns out Bynum jumps into the picks ahead of the Knicks that makes it more possible a player like Granger or Green slips to the #8 which I'd be happy with.

ill tell you this right now and I believe it, we would pass on Gerald green Danny Granger or anyone else purported to go pick 8 for Frye. the Knicks are taking Frye. thats it. the only way we are NOT taking frye is if someone above us did.

I don't know about this. This isn't Layden picking for us in the draft. This is Isiah, and if I can expect good things about him is in the draft. We clearly need size, and if Isiah thinks Frye will help us a lot in the future, he will pick him. But he has to have a list of the best players, and Im sure he won't miss a chance at picking a better player if all this Bynum caos made one of the best prospects avaliable.
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/20/2005  12:34 PM
Bynum could be making a big mistake if he is canceling the workouts because he has the Lakers promise. IMO, the whole Bynum thing hasn't been handled very well from the start, and that doesn't projects many good things for the future. The whole "brother making him stay this year when everyone else tells him to wait a couple of years" is really bizarre. The team that picks him has to be really be comitted to develope him, meaning doing everything they can even if they aren't contenders for many seasons. Bynum et all aren't making things the right way, and that could come back to haount them later...
Knicks_Fan
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/20/2005  2:25 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by NYKBocker:

It looks like Andrew's brother is playing 1 mean game of Texas Holdem. I have a feeling he is bluffing and trying to get Toronto and NY to bite and take Andrew in the lottery. Smart move.
This is my thinking, too. I think he targeted NY and LA for spots, and I think he is trying to bluff Isiah into rethinking his workout, unless he got nabbed by Portland, which kind of change the board alot. It is very strange that he cancels the workouts right before his NY one. Also, I wonder like Green, Bynum brother doesn't want him to workout against someone that the Knicks are thinking about like Frye. I really can't see Toronto going after 3 bigs in a row. That team needs to win now and it isn't like it has a ton of funds to develop players at same spot.

I can't see them really bluffing- I mean, the rookie contract might be all the money he ever gets from pro ball. I think there's a big difference moneywise between 10 and 7 or 8 that you would have to be downright gutsy or stupid to play that kind of game.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/20/2005  2:37 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by NYKBocker:

I can't see them really bluffing- I mean, the rookie contract might be all the money he ever gets from pro ball. I think there's a big difference moneywise between 10 and 7 or 8 that you would have to be downright gutsy or stupid to play that kind of game.
The purpose of the promise is to prevent the player from working out with teams picking ahead of you. If the promise was at #10, I'm sure Bynum would rather go to #8 and make more money. But is it worth it to workout at #8 possibly not get picked by the Knicks at #8 and simultaneously break your promise with the team at #10? I don't think it is.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/20/2005  2:44 PM
well, yes, but if he works out for the knicks and raptors and they pass on picking him, are the lakers not going to take him?

If that's me and the lakers say "10 is yours" I say, thanks, but I still go to work out with 7 & 8, hope you understand.

He might sign his rookie contract, break his leg on day 1 or amount to nothing but a 12th man cheered on during blow outs. Ever spot up he goes is more money. I don't see it, but you might be right. Maybe the lakers took him sight seeing out there in So Cal, and he thought 'Damn, there's a ton of hot &$#%^ here!'
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/20/2005  2:46 PM
Posted by franco12:

well, yes, but if he works out for the knicks and raptors and they pass on picking him, are the lakers not going to take him?

If that's me and the lakers say "10 is yours" I say, thanks, but I still go to work out with 7 & 8, hope you understand.
If that's how it works out, then there's no point in ever making a promise
Bynum to remain in draft Pulls out of workouts with

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy