http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_13108.shtml
AUTOADVERT
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
6/19/2005  9:58 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

that was a very interesting read. isaih as a gm is like danny ainge. they make very eccentric moves that has people scratching their heads and then when they are winning people will say " oh". thomas seems like he has a plan with the draft but any plan can backfire. i still think this current team is better than the team in the beggining of the 03-04 season. no denying that. as fans, patience is in order. i gave layzie three years before i rightfully turned on him. thomas needs that opportunity also.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/19/2005  10:26 AM
Posted by jazz74:
Posted by Killa4luv:

that was a very interesting read. isaih as a gm is like danny ainge. they make very eccentric moves that has people scratching their heads and then when they are winning people will say " oh". thomas seems like he has a plan with the draft but any plan can backfire. i still think this current team is better than the team in the beggining of the 03-04 season. no denying that. as fans, patience is in order. i gave layzie three years before i rightfully turned on him. thomas needs that opportunity also.
I agree. It was a great article
tapseer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #698
6/19/2005  10:57 AM
Excellent, excellent post.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
6/19/2005  11:01 AM
it was a nice article, but the guy obviously was on the pro-Isiah side. Although it definitely could've been more objective, he did try to point out good and bad moves. Hopefully this turns out good in the long run, which would be any real knick fan's true dream.
http://allknicks.com
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/19/2005  11:15 AM
This article is a great factual synopsis of 2 years of Knick history. In terms of making an argument, it is drivel and propaganda at best. Expressing diassapointment in a trade is not the same as calling for Isiah's head. Sure, patience is running thin and Isiah does have the toughest job pressure-wise in the league, but good fans questioning trades does not equate with a "firelayden" website. Its not equivalent to chanting "fire layden" on draft night at MSG. There are a whopping 2 posters here that want Isiah fired - we know who they are.

Layden's bad moves were tolerated because the team was winning until 2001. After that he got a grand total 2 years and, boom, his azz was sent out. GMs are fired on track record. Isiah's track record was not helped by the Mo and Malik deals. That doesn't mean he gets sacked, it means they are a blemish on the record.

In terms of defending Isiah's moves, the article offers weak speculation to justify the Rose and Taylor trades. Ok so Sweetney is a tradeable asset, but those trades mean that the decision to get rid of Sweetney was made prematurely. If Sweetney really improves into a premier player, keeping him seems more logical than burdening yourself with a trade that risks diluting your talent. If Sweetney stays fat and ineffective, that what is his trade vakue anyway? Is it worth trading him? Do we need such old and expensive replacements?
The answer is straight-forward.

Bottom line is 1 out of 30 teams wins a championship. To reach that level, the planning has to be flawless. Considering that injuries and player development present risks, there is no room for dumb crap. And, as an active fan, questioning moves is merely the responsible course of action to ensure that management is atleast on some level accountable.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
6/19/2005  11:44 AM
Thank You for posting this article. Alot of people are ripping Isiah but when you just take a look at where we were before compared to now he made an HUGE improvement. I like the Danny Ainge comparison. They were killing him up in Boston for his trades and then he drafts Jeferson,Allen and West. They make the playoffs and Now have a team for the future. Knick fans have been spoiled with all the 50win seasons. Every Franchise has their slump, and you know if Layden was still here it would be a much longer one. Lets just see how the draft goes and whos traded for who.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
6/19/2005  2:19 PM
blah blah blah blah...

The teams is awful, we have a billion bad PF on the roster, no center, no cap releaf in site, we were terrible last, and we have no caoch.

But hey, IT has s a lot of pressure on him so its ok to mess up like he does.

Man, I mean how can somebody possibly expect a GM to at least get the right coach on his 3rd try.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/20/2005  10:58 AM
Layden had two years and was clearing space also and drafting for the first time in years. The article is old news to us as we have beatent this to death. Isiah is charismatic and made so many moves, bold ones in which we applaude, but he also stretched the process at the same time.

"Starphucked", a term I use often is the key here because under Isiah we sell tickets! This past season was very volitile. There was very good, and very bad! We extrapolate the present into the future, and look for a messiah to help us. It The knick way. Isiah was not more different than Spencer Haywood-McAdoo-Marvin Webster-Etc etc bought here to create excitement and sell tickets!

Isiah came with much hype, and some confuse his activity with improvement. Sometimes it worked, often it did not.

I Wanted Layden to have his 4 years because he had a mess to clean up also. I want Isiah to have his 4 years to clean up Laydens mess, his new mess, and get this franchise right! I dispite my critic of Isiah, I don't perscribe to the notion we should fire him any more than I agreed with the mob mentality that surrounded Layden.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/20/2005  1:55 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Layden had two years and was clearing space also and drafting for the first time in years. The article is old news to us as we have beatent this to death. Isiah is charismatic and made so many moves, bold ones in which we applaude, but he also stretched the process at the same time.

"Starphucked", a term I use often is the key here because under Isiah we sell tickets! This past season was very volitile. There was very good, and very bad! We extrapolate the present into the future, and look for a messiah to help us. It The knick way. Isiah was not more different than Spencer Haywood-McAdoo-Marvin Webster-Etc etc bought here to create excitement and sell tickets!

Isiah came with much hype, and some confuse his activity with improvement. Sometimes it worked, often it did not.

I Wanted Layden to have his 4 years because he had a mess to clean up also. I want Isiah to have his 4 years to clean up Laydens mess, his new mess, and get this franchise right! I dispite my critic of Isiah, I don't perscribe to the notion we should fire him any more than I agreed with the mob mentality that surrounded Layden.
Unfortunately, Layden became a victim to his own quirks. He was never media savy, often aloof as he was constantly described by the media. You couldn't get a straight line out of him. He made extremely horrible trade proposals. His Marbury and Bosh pick proposals were pretty bad. Despite all that Dolan stuck by him but couldn't protect him from the loss of season ticket sales. The bottom line. Personally I believe Layden would still be here if he had more charisma, and NYers weren't bandwagon fans. Layden had 3 years, and people start calling for his job after year 2. LOL, people start calling for Isiah job before he was officially name.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Good read about Isiah Thomas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy