[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Slightly breaking news about Bynum
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/18/2005  1:00 PM
maybe out tomorrow or Monday, but it is believed now that he does indeed have a top 10 guarantee from a team of unknown origin and he will remain in the draft.

just keep it here on this forum until something is more public because it's not supposed to be spread.

this is an intial report, im not going to guarantee accuracy until I hear it publicly, but like i said, the only time in 5 years that the info was wrong at that site was ike diogu coming to uconn

this is completely opposite from what has been purported everywhere, the only info i can confirm was that he outplayed johan petro the other day
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/18/2005  1:47 PM
Is there a k in the name of the team that made the promise?
Knicks_Fan
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/18/2005  1:50 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Is there a k in the name of the team that made the promise?
With our luck, yeah...the Lakers
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/18/2005  1:52 PM
If anyone made a promise it was the Lakers. If you think about it that is the team that is the most complete as of right now and needs a center. The Knicks hopefully will realize to take him. But they have their eyes set on Frye because he is what the Knicks like anything that resembles a veteran. Frye being a collge vet makes him appealing for the knicks who are always in the win now mode to get the playoffs is what they like best championship being optional of course.
Knicksfan
USA
6/18/2005  1:56 PM
Well, then I hope the team with more k's drafts him!
Knicks_Fan
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/18/2005  2:05 PM
Would only make sense if it was the Lakers since he worked out for them. This sucks...
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/18/2005  2:26 PM
Maybe it's the Hawks. I know they were really interested in him. You think they'd take him with the #2 pick?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/18/2005  2:30 PM
Posted by Vmart:

If anyone made a promise it was the Lakers. If you think about it that is the team that is the most complete as of right now and needs a center. The Knicks hopefully will realize to take him. But they have their eyes set on Frye because he is what the Knicks like anything that resembles a veteran. Frye being a collge vet makes him appealing for the knicks who are always in the win now mode to get the playoffs is what they like best championship being optional of course.

BS. They're a lottery team. Just like we are. Where do you see them as "the most complete?"

Odom sucked for them. Butler was so-so and injured. Walton didn't progress. Medvedenko if anything took a step backwards. Cook showed some promise, but that's about it. Kobe is Kobe but that doesn't make it without a better cast around him.
MaTT4281
USA
6/18/2005  2:31 PM
You really think they would take him over Williams or Bogut?
Vmart
USA
6/18/2005  2:40 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Vmart:

BS. They're a lottery team. Just like we are. Where do you see them as "the most complete?"

Odom sucked for them. Butler was so-so and injured. Walton didn't progress. Medvedenko if anything took a step backwards. Cook showed some promise, but that's about it. Kobe is Kobe but that doesn't make it without a better cast around him.

Yes they are a lottery team but they also have a superstar player to build around like him or not Bryant is still a top 5 player in the game. Odoms is a very good supporting player and Butler is going to be moved to the PG spot because Phil Jackson like his pgs to be big. Add a Big man like Bynum to the team and they have one of the better nucleus. You think they are as bad as their record indicates you are mistaken Kobe did miss games in the course of the year and you forget their coaching turmoil they had which just got straightened out with one of the best coaches in history highly unlikely you see the Lakers back in the lottery unless some freaky injury occurs. As of right now the Lakers would make the playoffs as is even without Bynum.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/18/2005  2:48 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Vmart:

Yes they are a lottery team but they also have a superstar player to build around like him or not Bryant is still a top 5 player in the game. Odoms is a very good supporting player and Butler is going to be moved to the PG spot because Phil Jackson like his pgs to be big. Add a Big man like Bynum to the team and they have one of the better nucleus. You think they are as bad as their record indicates you are mistaken Kobe did miss games in the course of the year and you forget their coaching turmoil they had which just got straightened out with one of the best coaches in history highly unlikely you see the Lakers back in the lottery unless some freaky injury occurs. As of right now the Lakers would make the playoffs as is even without Bynum.

Well I disagree with you on a few key points:

I don't think Odom is going to come near his Miami performance while playing with Kobe. I think his outstanding year in Miami had to do more with playing with Dwyane Wade than anything else.

I'll believe Caron Butler at PG when I see it. This is a SF, not even a SG that's being moved to PG? Since when is he renowned for his handle?

And finally, with Phil's coming back to coach them, I hardly think he's going to stand for Kupchak spending his lottery pick on a kid who's projected to give them at most 15 minutes a game in his rookie year.
Knicksfan
USA
6/18/2005  3:07 PM
Lets make Phil regret going to the Lakers by taking the guy they wanted. Buahahaha!!!!
Knicks_Fan
MaTT4281
USA
6/18/2005  3:08 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Lets make Phil regret going to the Lakers by taking the guy they wanted. Buahahaha!!!!
Bynum is the guy Phil wanted???
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/18/2005  3:12 PM
I am sure Phil wants a ready Freddy type of guy, and Bynum is not that. Maybe they have their eyes on a PG like Felton? Or Perhaps they like Channing Frye?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/18/2005  3:30 PM
if this is true and this is the lakers, we better re-evalute what we are doing. we better fish into things more

lets let things come out, lets not jump to conclusions becaus ei know as much as anyone else here, nada

the only thing i will say is andrew is a real 5 and channing is NOT
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
USA
6/18/2005  4:55 PM
Another reason why I think its the Lakers is because Phil has always had big centers. Longley, Perdue, Shaq, and the guy from St. Johns Wennington (sp). These guys were one thing that others seem not to be a legit 7'+ center and Bynum is that. As for Bynum being raw and all that and PHIL ready Phil can take him and implement him into the system probably better than most as he doesn't always need the center to be leading scores in his system.

diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/18/2005  5:35 PM
The Lakers are positioning themselves to be one of the best teams out west in less than 2 years...One thing that you all seem to forget about it Phill desire to take the team to a new level..He already knows what he is missing unlike N.Y. and is willing to do whatever is necessary to obtain it...Phil has a system which is something that we don't have...We don't even know who our coach is going to be...For what it's worth,,,we need to get a coach first and foremost and after that concentrate on who's best as players to fit that particular coach's system...
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/18/2005  6:09 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Another reason why I think its the Lakers is because Phil has always had big centers. Longley, Perdue, Shaq, and the guy from St. Johns Wennington (sp). These guys were one thing that others seem not to be a legit 7'+ center and Bynum is that. As for Bynum being raw and all that and PHIL ready Phil can take him and implement him into the system probably better than most as he doesn't always need the center to be leading scores in his system.
I agree. Those centers for the bulls all sucked, and played very minor roles. I think Phil can bring in a guy like Bynum teach him the system and have him lpay that role. Its not like hes gonna have any plays run for him.
Slightly breaking news about Bynum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy