[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Steven Hunter can be stolen...
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/17/2005  7:46 PM
Steven Hunter will decline the player option on his contract for the coming season. It would have paid him $720,000.

The reserve center has said he wants to remain with the Suns but wants a bump in pay.

The Suns are likely to offer Hunter the "million-dollar exception" to the salary cap, which probably will be about $1.6 million to $1.7 million next season. They could offer him a two-year deal starting at this figure.

But the Suns are not expected to get in a big bidding war for his services.

We could double that and still have money left in the MLE. If he really wants to play in Phoenix he'll stay, but he would obviously get more than that with the Knicks are many other center starved teams
AUTOADVERT
pizza
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #895
Vatican City
6/18/2005  1:03 AM
lets steal that mofo!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/18/2005  11:10 AM
Why are y'all hot for Steven Hunter all of a sudden? He was nothing in Orlando... and he's still not too much in Phoenix.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Killa4luv
USA
6/18/2005  12:40 PM
Posted by technomaster:

Why are y'all hot for Steven Hunter all of a sudden? He was nothing in Orlando... and he's still not too much in Phoenix.
Whatever he is, he is a step and a half above Kurt at the Center spot, defensively. He is 7 feet, athletic and blocks shots. He is raw, but so is every big in the draft besides Bogut and Frye. He could provide an interior presence for us. THATS WHY!!!

If you are trapped in the dessert, are you gonna throw away a quart of water because its not a gallon?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/18/2005  2:47 PM
Signing Hunter would be huge.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/18/2005  5:38 PM
that right there is a classic

[
If you are trapped in the dessert, are you gonna throw away a quart of water because its not a gallon?
The true Knickabocker..........
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
6/18/2005  5:50 PM
Hunter was nice in Orlando. Actually, I doubt the Suns let him go so easily.
Killa4luv
USA
6/18/2005  6:03 PM
Posted by diderotn:

that right there is a classic

[
I was hopimg someone would appreciate that analogy!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/18/2005  11:26 PM
Can someone please tell me what Hunter can provide that we can't find in the draft??? I know that he is 7' tall, yes, a true 7', but does he have what it takes to be a decent center??? He didn't do too bad Vs TD, I think that this kid can grow in the right environment...
The true Knickabocker..........
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/19/2005  1:01 AM
Going with a strong wing in the draft and taking Hunter in FA would be a pretty solid offseason, in my opinion.
#Knickstaps
Ray15
Member: #668
6/19/2005  1:41 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Can someone please tell me what Hunter can provide that we can't find in the draft??? I know that he is 7' tall, yes, a true 7', but does he have what it takes to be a decent center??? He didn't do too bad Vs TD, I think that this kid can grow in the right environment...

First off, Hunter has shown he is capable of playing center. He blocks shots, can run the floor, rebounds, and defends. What more can you ask for when we’re talking about the MLE. He’s also still young and there’s plenty of room for improvement so you are correct that he can grow in the right environment.

But more importantly, how about you listen to your own advice and stop contradicting yourself. What does Hunter provide that we can’t get in the draft? Well, aside from Bogut who do you think can provide what Hunter does in this draft?

Frye…maybe but as Briggs loves to point out he isn't a sure thing and his ceiling isn't too much higher than Hunter is right now

Bynum…in 4 years possibly

But I’m so sick of reading your absurd posts about how Isiah better not draft anybody under 6’10’’. There are so many tall stiffs, especially later in the draft that never pan out. Why not take the guards that proved themselves in college and will be great role players. Look at all the second round draft picks who have made it in the NBA – they’re all guards!! I remember you were calling for Luke Schenscher with our second round pick. That guy is as soft as they come and is a joke – he won’t make an nba roster. And now you’re asking what Hunter can give us that we can’t get in the draft?

Lets grab Hunter with the MLE and take the best players available with all our picks. They will most likely be guards but at least they will make our roster and contribute as opposed to some of the stiffs that are 6'10'' or over.

Defense and Toughness
Killa4luv
USA
6/19/2005  1:45 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Going with a strong wing in the draft and taking Hunter in FA would be a pretty solid offseason, in my opinion.
It would be great actually. Our team would make a solid improvement in 2 key areas. you can't ask for more than that, but we might get more anyway, in a trade. I would like this alot.
Steven Hunter can be stolen...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy