[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Heres something crazy but
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/17/2005  7:37 PM
If we somehow sign Big Z, I want Chris Taft.

Chris Taft would be an excellent compliment to Big Z, and our frontcourt would be set. He could bang on the boards and get lots of rebounds and garbage points. He also is a high ceiling player, he could really dominate once he figures that out. I'd give him a chance, in spite of the bad workouts. I know 8 is a litle high for him at this point, but you still can't deny that with his size and athleticism, he still has a very high ceiling.

Every year players slip and become big players in the league.

Am I alone in thinking we should not write him off and seriously consider him?

AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/17/2005  7:49 PM
First of all I don't want Big Z. I think he's going to be too expensive and too old, and I'm one of those guys who thinks that money still matters, even on the NY Knicks.

But if we had him, I'd rather put Frye next to him. I'm willing to go with Frye as our center, but I'd really be happy if we HAD a center and had Frye play next to him. That would really have potential.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
6/17/2005  7:56 PM
For the MLE he would be just fine.

With the reports coming out of Cleveland that they just want to let him go w/out takin back any salary, he will not have any options.

He is too old to get signed by a rebuilding team with cap space. So it's going to be up to whose MLE he will choose.

Lakers might go after him hard, too.

It will prolly be almost as bad as the Jackson saga.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
6/17/2005  8:15 PM
Chris Taft does have size and athleticism, but he's not that good a rebounder. He's not that good a scorer either. All in all, he's not that good. Besides, we don't need another power forward.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/17/2005  8:26 PM
From what I've been reading, he sounds like Chris "Tim Thomas" Taft! Maybe if he's still around at #54...
Heres something crazy but

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy