[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

another interesting tidbit from the q&a
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/17/2005  9:25 AM
forgot this one also,

one of the account executive told me on the side (hush hush) that isiah was really after crawford at the deadline when he first got here and not marbury. he wanted crawford but we didn't have anything the bulls wanted then. he was also under pressure from upper management (mills/dolan) to make a splash move, and on all accounts, steph fit the bill (hometown guy, good player, point guard). that could possibly be a reason for taking penny back as well.
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/17/2005  9:43 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

forgot this one also,

one of the account executive told me on the side (hush hush) that isiah was really after crawford at the deadline when he first got here and not marbury. he wanted crawford but we didn't have anything the bulls wanted then. he was also under pressure from upper management (mills/dolan) to make a splash move, and on all accounts, steph fit the bill (hometown guy, good player, point guard). that could possibly be a reason for taking penny back as well.
There is some truth to this because as I mentioned the Suns have said that Layden had been trying to pressure them to trade for Marbury ever since he became a Sun. And to me Marbury isn't a Layden type of player, so he was probably getting a push to get a star in here. If it is true than Dolan/Mills have continue to call the shots as far as landing "key players." Layden said it wasn't his call to trade Camby or give Houston such a huge contract, that came from the owner. Dolan thinks of himself as a basketball fan before he brought the team. Hell he is probably surfing these forums online to check out stuff. Grunfeld, Layden, Isiah it doesn't matter when it comes to the real decisions for this team.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/17/2005  9:49 AM
interesting...

last time a Knicks exec talks to your blabbing mouth though. Keep it up!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
6/17/2005  9:53 AM
Perhaps this could help dispel the idea some seem to hold that Isiah will NEVER trade Marbury.
djsunyc
6/17/2005  9:55 AM
Posted by martin:

interesting...

martin, my first priority is you, the ultimateknicks.com posters...
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  9:56 AM
Isiah is not that loyal to anyone,,,,,he will protect his investment, but if he finds a way to get better, you best believe he will....Now, he will trade for: Carter, KG, Kobe, Lebron, Wayde, Shaq, Amare, and J'Oneal..
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
6/17/2005  9:56 AM
Posted by CTKnicksfan:

Perhaps this could help dispel the idea some seem to hold that Isiah will NEVER trade Marbury.

i also asked him who he thought our core was over the next few years as he's building this team.

he said he's loyal to only one thing, winning.
he mentioned marbury, craw, ariza, and sweets quickly then after hesitating for a couple of seconds, said he thought mo, kurt, etc. were part of it also. BUT he did say that he's not married to anyone and any trade where we can move a player to get better, he would do it.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/17/2005  9:58 AM
So diddy, when Zeke emails you all this information, do you ever ask him to come by the site?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/17/2005  10:05 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by martin:

interesting...

martin, my first priority is you, the ultimateknicks.com posters...

keep it up baby!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/17/2005  11:11 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

forgot this one also,

It is funny, I made a thread about this on realgm a while back, I remember that game where our backcourt got torched by Jason williams(memphis) and then the next game, crawford torched us, after that point IT was hellbent on upgrading the PG spot and he mentioned crawford. I knew he was hot after crawford for a while. I always wonder how loyal IT is to keeping steph..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/17/2005  11:36 AM
Posted by tkf:

I always wonder how loyal IT is to keeping steph..
I am not a huge Stephon fan and I dont think Isiah is either but I just cannot see him trade Stephon. In some weird pride before all way of his, he considers Stephon his signature move and wants to build off that. He had spent too much time defending the Stephon trade to trade him now. Most media guys will interpret this as the Stephon trade being a mistake.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/17/2005  1:49 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

forgot this one also,

With the huge expiring contracts, multiple first round picks, and young players who were then viewed as good prospects (Lampe and Vujanic), I have a tough time believing that we didn't have enough assets to interest Chicago if Crawford rather than Marbury were really the guard Isiah wanted. Maybe after Isiah got the player he really wanted (Marbury), he also as a secondary interest wanted Crawford but couldn't pull that off with the remaining trade assets after the Marbury trade.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
6/17/2005  2:01 PM
Typical Isiah. When Marbury got here, Isiah acted like he just found his long lost son while basking in the positive press that the trade generated. Then with Marbury being further exposed as a selfish player and not being a winner, Isiah is backing away. First he says that nobody is untradeable and now he's having Knick employees leak that he didn't even want Marbury to begin with but was forced to make the deal.

It would be really pathetic if it weren't so typical of Isiah.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  2:04 PM
Dude! don't believe everything you hear....People, especially Marb haters, will say whatever to discredit the man....

Posted by islesfan:

Typical Isiah. When Marbury got here, Isiah acted like he just found his long lost son while basking in the positive press that the trade generated. Then with Marbury being further exposed as a selfish player and not being a winner, Isiah is backing away. First he says that nobody is untradeable and now he's having Knick employees leak that he didn't even want Marbury to begin with but was forced to make the deal.

The true Knickabocker..........
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
6/17/2005  2:06 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Dude! don't believe everything you hear....People, especially Marb haters, will say whatever to discredit the man....

Posted by islesfan:

So who's the Marb hater in this case? djsunyc or the account executive for the team?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
6/17/2005  3:04 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by islesfan:

So who's the Marb hater in this case? djsunyc or the account executive for the team?

I notice you say 'typical Isiah' alot. Did you read biographies on him? Ask around a bit maybe? Hey, maybe you know the guy.

But on a more serious note, you should set goals for yourself as to how many times u will say 'Isiah' per week. I think it would be cool if you could look in the mirror every morning and say

Isiah will not give me a stroke.
Isiah will not give me a heart attack.
Isiah will not give me high blood pressure.
Isiah will not give me an ulcer.
I am not Isiah's puppet.

But then again, that's 5 times already. Heck you've said 'Isiah' 10 times in a 3 sentence post many times so it shouldn't really matter.

But you really need to cut down on your Isiah intake man. Just being a concerned pal. Obesession is not healthy.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
6/17/2005  3:10 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by CTKnicksfan:

i also asked him who he thought our core was over the next few years as he's building this team.

he said he's loyal to only one thing, winning.
he mentioned marbury, craw, ariza, and sweets quickly then after hesitating for a couple of seconds, said he thought mo, kurt, etc. were part of it also. BUT he did say that he's not married to anyone and any trade where we can move a player to get better, he would do it.

I'm not mad at Steph, Craw, Ariza and Sweetney as our current core. But in the future (after the draft and possible trades) we need to see Crawford coming off of the bench on a consistant basis and not starting. I like Ariza off the bench too. To me, with those two along with JYD or Rose coming in the game at the same time would take me back to when Spree, Camby and Childs (when he was solid) would come into the game at the same time and change the game. I pray to God that we get a big man and wing player and/or shooter this offseason.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/17/2005  4:07 PM
If his information is accurate, it proves my point that Isiah and Layden have never been able to run the team based soley on the long view, as they would prefer to do.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/17/2005  4:57 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by islesfan:

I notice you say 'typical Isiah' alot. Did you read biographies on him? Ask around a bit maybe? Hey, maybe you know the guy.

But on a more serious note, you should set goals for yourself as to how many times u will say 'Isiah' per week. I think it would be cool if you could look in the mirror every morning and say

Isiah will not give me a stroke.
Isiah will not give me a heart attack.
Isiah will not give me high blood pressure.
Isiah will not give me an ulcer.
I am not Isiah's puppet.
that's pretty funny
simrud
Member: #474
USA
6/17/2005  8:07 PM
Why so sensitive to somebody using IT's name monk?

Are we not supposed to use the lord savior's name in vain or something
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
another interesting tidbit from the q&a

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy