[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

IF penny and #8 for boozer and #6 does happen, and...
Author Thread
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
6/17/2005  1:13 AM
assuming there are no other deals, who would you pick at the 6th and the 30th?

Wright? Granger? Frye? Bynum? Graham? Vasquez?

Marb
Craw
TT/Ariza
BOOZER/Sweetney
KT

I'd still say Bynum. Or Wright.

[Edited by - sky on 06/17/2005 01:39:02]
AUTOADVERT
SKY
Member: #687
USA
6/17/2005  1:18 AM
Always BPA, but at 30, I'd look for a wing player and 54 a PG.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
6/17/2005  1:23 AM
you have to go with defenders and rebounders, i'm convinced

at 8, the Knicks have to get a center

at 30, they have to get a "pure shooter"

at 54, you take the best player available. (maybe an overseas player or something)

[Edited by - bigpimpin on 06/17/2005 01:23:56]
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/17/2005  1:24 AM
Posted by SKY:

Marb
Craw
TT/Ariza
[b]BOOZER [/b/Sweetney
KT

I'd pick a wing player, they seem to be the best players at that position.
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
6/17/2005  8:35 AM
Granger or Green if he slips
oohah
Member: #887
6/17/2005  9:12 AM
Why would Utah give up a better pick and a young player who has just had two very good seasons for Penny Hardaway? Because of his expiring contract? Keep dreaming!

oohah
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  9:16 AM
Why Kurt??? he needs to go

Posted by SKY:

Marb
Craw
TT/Ariza
BOOZER/Sweetney
KT

[Edited by - sky on 06/17/2005 01:39:02]
The true Knickabocker..........
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/17/2005  9:41 AM
Posted by oohah:

Why would Utah give up a better pick and a young player who has just had two very good seasons for Penny Hardaway? Because of his expiring contract? Keep dreaming!

oohah

For Utah, unless they can get the PG that they want, the difference between #6 abd #8 is probably nil. They are one of the very cost conscious teams and do want to build a team full of players who immediately buy into Jerry Sloan's team concept - see Arroyo. Booz seems to not fit in Jerry's coaching plan and he has a VERY big contract.

Say that one of Granger/Joey Graham both are available at #8, that would fit into their team play concept and could be a Harper replacement.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
oohah
Member: #887
6/17/2005  10:24 AM
For Utah, unless they can get the PG that they want, the difference between #6 abd #8 is probably nil. They are one of the very cost conscious teams and do want to build a team full of players who immediately buy into Jerry Sloan's team concept - see Arroyo. Booz seems to not fit in Jerry's coaching plan and he has a VERY big contract.

Say that one of Granger/Joey Graham both are available at #8, that would fit into their team play concept and could be a Harper replacement.

The difference between 6 and 8 is two players you could have picked that you no longer can. (Possibly Deron Williams or Chris Paul, a big chance to take.) The comparison between Arroyo and Boozer is not really apt. Arroyo is a 2nd-3rd string point guard, and Boozer has some actual value. Cost concious or not, they are not giving Boozer up and a higher draft pick just to move down in the draft and get a washed up player in Penny (Sad but true.)

I think you mean a Harpring replacement. I wouldn't be so quick to name any unproven rookie a replacement for a proven solid NBA player like Harpring.

oohah
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/17/2005  10:30 AM
Posted by oohah:

[quote]For Utah, unless they can get the PG that they want, the difference between #6 abd #8 is probably nil. They are one of the very cost conscious teams and do want to build a team full of players who immediately buy into Jerry Sloan's team concept - see Arroyo. Booz seems to not fit in Jerry's coaching plan and he has a VERY big contract.

Chris Paul definitely won't be available at 6 but DEron might...still Utah might want felton instead in which case they could most likely trade down with the Knicks. sicne the knicks can't trade their pick anyway until after they select, Utah will see how the draft unfolds and let the Knicks know. If the knicks draft felton, deron williams, or another point guard we can be pretty sure there is a trade going on.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/17/2005  10:42 AM
if we're going to give some huge cap relief to another team, I kinda would rather get another pick out of this draft than just move up 2 notches- sure, we can argue about Boozer and whether he's a good player or overpaid- but merely the fact that we can disagree is reason enough not to add him to our roster.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/17/2005  10:44 AM
I think if we get boozer we have to deal sweetney for a good shooting guard, maybe with TT. If we get boozer were committing to not try and cut salaries anyway, so we might as well try to be competitive. Sweetney has value but not if we have boozer...we will be fine with boozer and any one of malik/jyd/mo/kurt. maybe we could deal sweetney for a center?
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/17/2005  11:16 AM
I wonder if Utah would do this type of trade instead of the TT/Pennny + #8 IF the guy(s) they are targeting in the draft drop past #7.

2 of 3 of JYD/KT/Rose + #8 for Booz + #6 + #54.

Utah fills the gap at PF that Booz vacates and those 3 guys are hard working, team-oriented PFs whose contracts are not that hard to swallow (compared with Carlos anyway).

Knicks consolidate their PF position by 1 and get a young guy who CAN play the C position ala Big Ben. With the 6th pick they can have their choice of Wright/Granger/Graham. #30 pick for an upside bigman who slips (Taft/Morris/Lee).
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/17/2005  11:32 AM
Posted by martin:

2 of 3 of JYD/KT/Rose + #8 for Booz + #6 + #54.
make sense for us but I dont completely agree with the Utah side. I think they can do better for Boozer than JYD/KT/Rose.

EDIT: If they dont take the expiring contract, we dont have anything they want.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 06/17/2005 11:33:09]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/17/2005  12:35 PM
I think the key in moving up from 8 to 6 is having a better shot at Gerald Green who Isiah likes. He will never last past Tononto at 7
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/17/2005  12:50 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think the key in moving up from 8 to 6 is having a better shot at Gerald Green who Isiah likes. He will never last past Tononto at 7

That is certainly true. Green will most likely not be taken at 3 unless the Blazers trade the pick to someone who wants to draft Green at 3.

Only problem is I think the Bobcats would take Green at 5. But you are right in saying we would have a better chance at him. The 6th pick would also let us choose between Graham/Granger/Wright instead of being at Toronto's mercy.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/17/2005  12:53 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by gunsnewing:

That is certainly true. Green will most likely not be taken at 3 unless the Blazers trade the pick to someone who wants to draft Green at 3.

Only problem is I think the Bobcats would take Green at 5. But you are right in saying we would have a better chance at him. The 6th pick would also let us choose between Graham/Granger/Wright instead of being at Toronto's mercy.
good point! and we'd improve the PF position with Boozer

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/17/2005 15:01:13]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/17/2005  4:22 PM
Posted by franco12:

if we're going to give some huge cap relief to another team, I kinda would rather get another pick out of this draft than just move up 2 notches- sure, we can argue about Boozer and whether he's a good player or overpaid- but merely the fact that we can disagree is reason enough not to add him to our roster.
No its not. There are no players who we all agree on. When the KG rumor was floating around respected people on this board were making arguments not to get him.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  5:11 PM
Any deal to Utah has to include 2 of our PFs and an expiring contract...Boozer and Okur is a very doable deal, because Sloan doesn't like Okur...We would take a couple of bad contracts from them, but in return we would have resolved our frontcourt issues...As a matter of fact, they don't even need to send us their draft pick...We could do just fine with Okur and Boozer and we can invest our 8th pick on another big dude....

Next season, the Knicks better have 3 guys that are good enough to play Center.....
The true Knickabocker..........
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/17/2005  5:57 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by franco12:

No its not. There are no players who we all agree on. When the KG rumor was floating around respected people on this board were making arguments not to get him.

You can't argue that KG is talented and a top 10 player in the league- you might argue that getting him at his age is a bad move.

We've seen what, three years from Boozer? Is he good, over hyped? He's certainly not an allstar and I'd argue over paid.

My point is that if we're giving tremendous cap relief to another team, and possibly taking a big hit on the super tax, lets do a little better than Carlos Loozer.

If Jerry Sloan doesn't want him, I don't want him. I want tough nosed, hard edged players. Do the toronto deal for Penny for Jalen and their mid pick. Jalen might be older and a pain in the butt, but he's downright lethal at times, isn't cap damage like Boozer and we get another draft pick.
IF penny and #8 for boozer and #6 does happen, and...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy