[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

just got back from the isiah q&a forum for season ticket holders
Author Thread
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/17/2005  8:24 AM
Very generous of you DJ to post the material. And the info on Houston's knee is definitely good to know. But, in my opinion, there isn't really too much more that is ever gleaned from this kind of Q-A session/charade. I know cap structure and I know basketball - in a way, I don't care if Isiah defends his moves. To me, its readily apparent whether a move is a) a coup, 2) a wash or 3) a disaster.
The explanation is extraneous gibberish. In other words, Isiah can shut it and, as long as he makes high probability moves, I will be more than pleased.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  8:31 AM
Code!!!! you are right,,,,,Isiah will be just fine...

Posted by codeunknown:

Very generous of you DJ to post the material. And the info on Houston's knee is definitely good to know. But, in my opinion, there isn't really too much more that is ever gleaned from this kind of Q-A session/charade. I know cap structure and I know basketball - in a way, I don't care if Isiah defends his moves. To me, its readily apparent whether a move is a) a coup, 2) a wash or 3) a disaster.
The explanation is extraneous gibberish. In other words, Isiah can shut it and, as long as he makes high probability moves, I will be more than pleased.
The true Knickabocker..........
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/17/2005  9:28 AM
Wow, thanks for the info Dj, that was an awesome read.

About that Boozer deal, I would be very happy if Isiah pulled something off like that. To get a better player and a better pick like that would be great. I know we would only move up 2 spots, but we would be in a better position because we wouldn't be at Toronto's mercy. At 6, it is pretty much certain that Graham and Granger will be there so you can take the guy you want instead of waiting to see what Toronto does.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/17/2005  9:37 AM
Actually, I want to extra first round pick for this draft....We need to have a combo of 4 picks in the first round to truly be a success in the next few years...With 4 picks, we would be able to afford to let Penny and TT's contract expire, because we would have ample amount of bodies around to plug in the holes that would be created with them not being able to play...Especially given the fact that TT can never play a full season..
The true Knickabocker..........
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/17/2005  9:38 AM
Posted by s3231:

Wow, thanks for the info Dj, that was an awesome read.

About that Boozer deal, I would be very happy if Isiah pulled something off like that. To get a better player and a better pick like that would be great. I know we would only move up 2 spots, but we would be in a better position because we wouldn't be at Toronto's mercy. At 6, it is pretty much certain that Graham and Granger will be there so you can take the guy you want instead of waiting to see what Toronto does.

That trade would be awesome - i like getting pick 6 in exchange for 8 - but i love getting Boozer - i think he will have a better season and if he plays with Steph and Craw he will definitely pick it up.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
MS
Member: #724
6/17/2005  10:06 AM
We are one of the better teams in the East if we do that deal....Boozer was close to being an All-Star in Cleveland and he is going to give you 16 & 11, add Granger to the mix, and we are a very physical team......god if houston could just get healthy

Marbury/Crawford
Houston/Ariza
Granger/TT
Boozer/Sweetney
KT/Rose/JYD

I don't think it would happen but it would be sweet if it does
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/17/2005  10:14 AM
Posted by MS:

We are one of the better teams in the East if we do that deal....Boozer was close to being an All-Star in Cleveland and he is going to give you 16 & 11, add Granger to the mix, and we are a very physical team......god if houston could just get healthy

Marbury/Crawford
Houston/Ariza
Granger/TT
Boozer/Sweetney
KT/Rose/JYD

I don't think it would happen but it would be sweet if it does
I think Boozer will give you a lot more than 16 PPG. He had about 18 PPG this year with no name PGs. Whether you like Marbury or not, he is a great playmaker who creates tons of scoring opportunities for his teammates. I could see Boozer going from 18 PPG this to 20 or 21 next year on the Knicks with Marbury. I could see him putting up 20.5 PPG and 10.0 RPG. (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, we'd actually also be MOVING UP in the draft if this deal occurred. This would be that huge steal that Fish keeps killing Isiah for, apparently, not having made.)
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/17/2005  10:51 AM
Pretty awesome dj. I will give Isiah credit for this, he loves to talk openly not like his predecessor. I met Layden at a charity function a couple of years ago. Me and my friends couldn't get the guy to crack a smile, and some of them were complementing him on his success with the Jazz and getting the Knicks position. I got the impression that he was anti-social.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/17/2005  11:03 AM
Posted by fishmike:

this is kind of what bugs me about him. I see him as such a smooth operator, yet he really hasnt pulled anything off yet. I'm waiting for him to sell the Knicks to a FA, a bigtime coach or make a really smooth deal.

Boozer for 6 for TT + 8 would be pretty good. Boozer's deal is tough but there's a trade where you get the better player and the better pick (better player by a lot).

Booz could easily play center in the East. Not ideal I will admit but he's got a lot more umph in every part of his game than KT does.

I mean he's 23 year old. He's coming off a bad season, but the flip side would be FOR ONCE the Knicks would be buying low. A year before he's playing good D and giving you 16 and 12 a night. He had some monster games getting 20+ boards also.

To me that would be a good example of using the Garden $$$ to really upgrade the roster and the draft. I think you could get bonafide franchise talent there. Take Granger and offer Hunter the full MLE and your really cooking in 1 year
Marbury
Crawford
Granger
Boozer
Hunter
with Ariza, JYD, Rose, Sweetney and company coming off the bench. If you could get a coach in here that could really sell a tough physical style of play lord knows we would have some big bodies to throw at teams.

I am not a big fan of Boozer right now, but you make some good points and that is a solid plan you have there...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/17/2005  11:30 AM
I don't know if there's anything truth whatsoever to this Boozer thing. It's been floating around the Real GM Knicks board for a week or so, the dude could have just gotten it from there.

Also, Penny ($15M) for Boozer ($10.5M) doesn't work money-wise. Timmy($11M) for Boozer($10.5M) does.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
USA
6/17/2005  12:19 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I don't know if there's anything truth whatsoever to this Boozer thing. It's been floating around the Real GM Knicks board for a week or so, the dude could have just gotten it from there.

Also, Penny ($15M) for Boozer ($10.5M) doesn't work money-wise. Timmy($11M) for Boozer($10.5M) does.
It probably would be either TT and #8 for Boozer and #6 or Penny and #8 for Boozer plus another player and #6. In either case, just sign me up! I'm pretty sure the rumor started in online and newspaper articles, not from discussion boards.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
6/17/2005  1:28 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

oh, another big one

my friend asked him why he didn't play any young'n's at the end of last season.

he said that it was his decision b/c he wanted everyone to earn their way to the court. he didn't just want to give ariza, butler, and sweets minutes just to give them minutes. (what a BS answer).

Is that why Ariza was getting solid backup minutes from the very first game of the season? But at the end of the season, when their playoff hopes are dead, Ariza plays a total of 11 minutes in a 3 game stretch because suddenly he hasn't earned the playing time?

At least Isiah admitted that it was his decision. Now we know for sure that Isiah's head coaches are just his puppets who have to coach the team the way Isiah wants, especially when it comes to who to play and how many minutes. Isiah is in fact coaching this team but he's insulated from any criticism by the puppet head coach. I wonder why he'd never want to coach here. I'm sure it's just the traffic like he said it is.

So everybody who was delusional and thought that it was actually Herb's decision, can now kill Isiah the way they did Herb for not playing the youngsters.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/17/2005  1:33 PM
bottomline is they aquirred big $$$$$$ guys in taylor and rose so those arethe guys they are going to play.

very disheartning quote by Isiah
Bonn1997
USA
6/17/2005  1:39 PM
Islesfan. It's so good to see you! I knew you'd resurface as soon as there was a good reason to criticize Hitler Isiah!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
6/17/2005  1:55 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Islesfan. It's so good to see you! I knew you'd resurface as soon as there was a good reason to criticize Hitler Isiah!

It's nice to see you too, Eva Bonn.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
6/17/2005  2:36 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Islesfan has good reason to not like Isiah. A dude that looked just like Isiah dunked on him in a pick up game back in the 90's with a lot of people there watching. Seen it with my own eyes.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/17/2005  2:52 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Clever!
tomverve
Member: #878
6/17/2005  3:05 PM
Thanks for the report djsunyc.

I'm not shocked that Isiah was behind the late benching of our youngins, but I doubt it's for the reason he stated here. My impression has always been that Isiah had contracts in mind. Keep in mind that both Butler and Ariza are on a tenuous contract situation-- if you showcase them in meaningless games towards the end of the season, their stock probably jumps a notch (in Butler's case, several notches, if he's really any good). That in turn makes it more difficult to lock up the both of them. Of course, it would not be in Isiah's best interest to come out and say this in public, because just saying this would likely at least raise an eyebrow or two from other GMs. Seems like a double-misdirection from Isiah in order to keep our young assets on the cheap, in which case he could hardly be faulted-- of course, I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get after taking everything into account.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
just got back from the isiah q&a forum for season ticket holders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy